when did you realize... *possible spoilers*

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

When did you realize (or at least guess) that James killed Mary?

Near or at the very beginning
4%
After meeting Maria
3%
in the Hospital
10%
only after the video tape
63%
other
20%

Total votes: 144

Screws
Just Passing Through

when did you realize... *possible spoilers*

Post by Screws »

this isnt a very good poll i know but its difficult to remember every single event and list every single choice, in any case please specify when if your choice is not in any category. anyway, when did you realize during the game that James murdered his wife?
i hope this hasnt been done before. i dont mean to make duplicates.
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

i kinda figured it was something like that because i knew that there would be some type of plot twist. i knew this because of its genre.
Life changes daily so go with it!
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

i had no idea; the tape was a surprise. i'm glad, too, because i spoiled pretty much everything else for myself about the game beforehand.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
Mr. CCA
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Mr. CCA »

The whole "dead wife sending a letter" kinda tipped me off that something wasn't right :lol: , but I didn't make my educated guess till the hospital.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Someone at the Silent Hill Forum spoiled the surprise. I've hated him ever since.

If I could remember who he was, I would go to his home and emasculate him personally.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

I didn't have the internet or a guidebook the first time I played it (which I've been thanking my lucky stars for ever since) so it was a complete shock.

I kind of figured something was going on in the background of the story after the hospital where James thinks to himself "Mary, could this be your revenge for...?" but did not expect anything like what happened.
Are you ready to begin your trip to the Otherside
Death is an old friend of mine
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

I didn't knew that he was the killer, I only realized after the Video Tape :wink:
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

When James leaves Brookhaven Hospital I suspected something.

"Or is this your way of taking..."

revenge, would be that missing word.

Although that video tape did come as a total shock.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

damn... first time playing was so long ago, but I do remember it came as quite a shock. I had bought Silent Hill 2 before I even owned a ps2... I just remember seeing it in the greatest hits pile at wally world and jumping on it. I had to wait 2 months before I could buy a ps2 and play it... :(
revalations 23:16
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

I was totally fooled. :oops:
[url=http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14918&start=0]See the SH2 Endings that WEREN'T chosen[/url]
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

I never realized it was ol' James. I probably did what the developers expected most players to do - dismiss Angela's and Eddie's ideas about James as stupid. I was quite shocked at the revelation in Room 312 - and I still sometimes think about it to this day (as well as look up the scene on YouTube when I'm in the mood).
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Lmao, thank gosh I am not the only one who put the option "After the videotape." :)
Screws
Just Passing Through

Post by Screws »

this was my very first Silent Hill. i didnt realize what everything was all about. i thought, at first, that the monsters were real like some zombie shooter games. it was a complete surprise for me, i didnt realize it until after James watched the tape. i had a sinking feeling before hand when he reached the hotel but i didnt know for sure. undoubtedly, one of the most shocking and original plot twists ever
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

undoubtedly, one of the most shocking and original plot twists ever

here, here!

Without a doubt... :)
revalations 23:16
der Morgenstern Czigany
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by der Morgenstern Czigany »

I guess I was naive enough to believe that James was a good man and his wife died of illness. I had a feeling something wasn't right, but had no idea. It wasn't until I saw the tape. At first I was in denial. I couldn't believe it. But then it all started adding up and making more sense. Great plot twist.
[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/Isis-Osiris-Horus/RestlessDreams.jpg[/img]
[size=84]*Feel free to browse: http://www.youtube.com/89Winters .[/size]
nobody
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by nobody »

after the videotape... i guess i played with my brain off
hmm, but sh2 was my first silent hill... i had no idea what to expect :D
there's comfort in silence
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

i always knew it before playing it. yeah, it spoiled the fun, but i couldnt keep myself from looking at the Net
SH3girl32
Gravedigger

Post by SH3girl32 »

I had no idea until I saw the tape. I was rather shocked and confused after I saw it. Hell, I'm still confused about the whole game even after playing it several times. =/ Wasn't too fond of playing a murderer after that. heh. I don't get why James did it. This is because of the different endings you can get. He's says she was getting in the way and he wanted his life back, then he says that he didn't want her to suffer. If that were me, I wouldn't want to be sufficated by my husband for any reason. I guess dying in my sleep would be better. I'd probably also be a little edgy and cranky to people like Mary was since I know I am going to die and I won't be too friendly. I dunno.
Screws
Just Passing Through

Post by Screws »

i thought it was more interesting playing it after finding out he was a murderer. it put more perspective on everything and all the pieces started falling into place. the monsters, the places, the notes, (although most of them still make no sense). it was interesting because James was the protagonist and the antagonist, sorta.
delusion
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by delusion »

If I remember correctly it was only after the video tape, I'm glad I didn't figure it out at the beginning when the radio says pretty clearly "why did you kill me"