Kaufmann and Lisa doing: Drugs or Sex?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

gothpirate1776
Just Passing Through

Post by gothpirate1776 »

I found that interesting, actually. Almost akin to being caught red-handed......well, in this case......er......perhaps I shouldn't finish that thought. :twisted:
"I am the monster in the mirror" - said by yours truly.
Odile
Just Passing Through

Post by Odile »

I'd be pretty embarrassed if I was caught having sex with my boss (who is at least twice my age) by a man I'd flirted with a couple hours before.

I think Lisa and Kaufmann were doing drugs and having sex. I do think the relationship was consensual though. I always got the impression Lisa stayed with Kaufmann until he killed her, but I could be wrong.
iChromatic
Just Passing Through

Post by iChromatic »

I wonder what really happened to Lisa did Kaufman kill her? Cause in the end of SH1 she kills him.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Lisa was killed by a parasite.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Burning Man
Historical Society Historian

Post by Burning Man »

iChromatic wrote:I wonder what really happened to Lisa did Kaufman kill her? Cause in the end of SH1 she kills him.
Yeah, yeah. See what happened was that Kaufmann "asked" Lisa to have sex with him. Lisa called him names like "pervert" and "old man," and then she made fun of his manhood.

You can imagine why Kaufmann suddenly became angry. He's like a famous physician in Silent Hill: rich and everything, and he couldn't take the humiliation. Nobody messes with the K-man.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Mr. CCA
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Mr. CCA »

Burning Man wrote:
iChromatic wrote:I wonder what really happened to Lisa did Kaufman kill her? Cause in the end of SH1 she kills him.
Yeah, yeah. See what happened was that Kaufmann "asked" Lisa to have sex with him. Lisa called him names like "pervert" and "old man," and then she made fun of his manhood.

You can imagine why Kaufmann suddenly became angry. He's like a famous physician in Silent Hill: rich and everything, and he couldn't take the humiliation. Nobody messes with the K-man.
I could see Kaufman killing Lisa, but in the grand sceme of things it doesn't really matter.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

>When Travis disturbs them, Lisa seems ashamed. She can't even look into Travis' eyes.
She looks a little stunned and/or angry... Travis was shocked he was like "Lisa! How could you do that with me!?" and she was like "ughhh not you again Travis..."

Yes, she could be in drugs and all but that was before her "supossed" sex scene with Kaufmann, no? In the sanitarium where you fight the Twisted version of Travis' Mom she's really strange... But by the theatre she's fine... Was she drugged or she was fine by then? WTF?
Plus when I posted here I've only finished the game once, but currently i'm with the 3 endings of the game and frankly... I dunno why or how you guys think that they were having sex... I tought that too at first but when I was playing for my 3rd time (was trying to do the Butcher ending) I turned the volume to at least 30 to hear the "grunts" but I didn't heard nothin'... What I heard was Travis grunts when he was standing up...Am I a little deaf or what? :|
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I could see Kaufman killing Lisa
I can't. There's absolutely no evidence.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
NothingLikeSleep

Post by NothingLikeSleep »

MMY wrote:>I could see Kaufman killing Lisa
I can't. There's absolutely no evidence.
prove it
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

How the hell can you prove that there isn't evidence? You need evidence of the lack of evidence??
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>prove it
Onus probandi incumbit ei qui dicit.

Go ahead.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

KageReneko wrote:How the hell can you prove that there isn't evidence? You need evidence of the lack of evidence??
I know, right? Trying to prove a negative is absurd.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
NothingLikeSleep

Post by NothingLikeSleep »

ahaha people get so emotional here
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Yeah, when someone says something that's retarded we usually call them out for it.

Like right there.

Don't change the subject, by the way.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Number 7 »

The way Lisa died is never explained and is left to the player's interpretation. I think it would make sense though if Kauffman killed her, since she is not a member of the Order, is only involved because she is addicted to Kauffman's drugs, and knows something is wrong with Alessa. She's seen too much. After taking care of Alessa, it would make sense to get rid of the witness.

As for the original topic, I think they're doing both. You can hear Kauffman grunting before you jump down the hole.
"He's underground now. His new name is Number Seven."
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>since she is not a member of the Order
Neither is M.K., technically.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Still, the rest of Number 7's points are fairly valid. Kauffman killing Lisa makes a hell of a lot of sense, we're not presented evidence for many other scenarios (if any), and nothing contradicts the killer Kauffman theory. Ultimately, this is a "Was Angela raped?" type of argument.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The rest is entirely speculative, and w/out evidence there is no basis for the claims.

Besides: Lisa is alive in the game. We watch her die. And M.K. was nowhere nearby.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

I actually have to agree with that. Lisa is never technically dead in the game, just infected with a parasite. She dies similarly to how parasitized Cybil dies.
Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Number 7 »

We watch her die? She walks towards you with blood seeping out of her every orifice and cries, but she is still moving and is even seen later in the game in the last cutscene. Or are you talking about when she drags Kauffman into a hole? If I'm not mistaken, didn't she crawl out of said hole in the first place? Since she disappears from the room in which she starts crying blood, she is most likely spectral in some way and wouldn't die by falling into the hole.

As for the parasite theory, we never see Lisa specifically infected by a parasite. She just starts bleeding. She says something like, "I'm not the only person still walking around out there. I'm the same as them, I've just never noticed it before." Also, notice that the nurses in Silent Hill 2, who are clearly not human, also have these parasites. While Cybil is infected by a parasite, I still don't necessarily think that the nurses and doctors in Alchmelia are people that have been taken over by parasites. I don't really have an alternate explanation other than they are monsters just like the mumblers and the others created by Alessa that just look like that. I just take what I see and reshape my theory based on that.

Also, seven years have passed since Silent Hill Origins in SH, but I think I've heard that Lisa is about the same age as she was in that game, so I think she was killed and her spirit was held in Otherworld to be tortured, as she is still being tormented in Silent Hill 3.
"He's underground now. His new name is Number Seven."