Homecoming bugs thread

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Good, I just played it recently and was hoping for a thread in which to mention odd glitches.
I played on PS3.

- This started happening at least half way through the game, I think. Sometimes when I died, instead of falling, Alex stayed standing, frozen in place, and the game would fade out to the Game Over screen like that. That made me chuckle. It was somehow pretty funny (at least the first few times). I wouldn't even be sure he was dead at first, as he was still standing, but then the music was all tragic sounding and the screen changed to Game Over.

- The Scarlet boss disappeared when I was fighting her second form. It pissed me off, because I'd been trying to beat her for a while- my health was already more than half depleted before starting the battle, and I had zero health items. So her second form gave me a bit of trouble. Well, this time I was doing particularly well not receiving any blows, and was about to do the special attack on her second form for the third time (which I later found out is the final/fatal blow), when she vanished. I wandered around looking for her, but had to start over and didn't do well enough again to beat her until a day or two later.

- In the police station, I was fighting a couple of schisms in a room. Suddenly, the camera was stuck in place, and I watched myself leave the room and disappear out of sight. (The schisms stayed in the room.) I walked around a while, and could hear myself trying to open doors and stuff. I made my way back to the room using the map, but ended up having to restart, since the camera refused to move. I even paused it and exited to the PS3 menus, then returned to the game. It was still stuck. :?
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

Hmm... I'm on Xbox 360, and so far, my game has worked fine. (Thank God), however I noticed a small glitch where whenevr I enter Alex's house, the right side of the screen flashed white. Also, the music inside his house (Witchcraft), sounds a bit...distorted? Hmm...
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth
SpearOfDestiny
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by SpearOfDestiny »

Don't know if it's a bug or not, but enemies can still damage you while an animation is playing (climb over, squeeze through etc). I thought this was a tad bit unfair, especially when you are fighting more than one monster.
[img]http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7513/spearofdestinysigyd7.gif[/img]

[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/DancinMonkeh][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/DancinMonkeh.gif[/img][/url]
woofy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by woofy »

To avoid those cut scene glitches... DON'T skip them!
I know it's annoying, but if you skip them it causes bugs.

As for the sewer bug... I had this happen too. I waited for a while, and the third schism never appeared. Once I walked near the gate that is supposed to open, the Siam dropped down.
If you experience this glitch:
1. Go all the way back to the ledge Alex drops down from, and climb up.
2. Wait there.
3. Take a walk around all the tunnels
4. Go to the main room where the gate is (the one that is supposed to open)

This is what I did and it worked, hopefully it will work for you too.
axel-cd
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by axel-cd »

I have Xbox 360 version, at one moment at the sewers (before the saving point) everything goes black and you can't see absolutely nothing, the only time that this happened to me was my third time throughout the game, so i knew where to go, but it was like walking completely blind...
Silent Hill fan from Venezuela!
woofy

Post by woofy »

I'm on my second play through, and the only glitches I have had so far was with the scarlet boss fight, and the lady in the motel didn't sing. I had the surround sound turned on and she wasn't humming :? I've also experienced he 'standing death' glitch where Alex dies and just stands on the spot.

EDIT: So I have played this game three or four times through now, and have encountered too many bugs/glitches to count. Here are a few from memory:

SPOILERS!!!
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
1) Characters don't talk. Characters will say only parts of the conversation. Either Alex or the other character will be quiet, and the scene will still play out. It's funny to hear Alex talk to himself, though.
2) Scarlett fight - Scarlett won't die no matter how many times you try to pry off her back piece
3) Drill sequence - mash the button all you want - you're getting drilled straight through the leg/face
4) I'm dodging and nothings happening
5) House puzzle - All the lights on the door won't light up, but the door will still open
6) Game Over screen freezes. (This happened to me after the drill glitch) Fix? Restart the fucking playstation by turning the power off and on again!!!
As you can see, quite a few of these glitches cause you to actually STOP PLAYING. This is a sign of poor programming. As much as I love the game, they should have programmed it a bit better.
Mustang
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Mustang »

I just got in the underground and at the part where
Curtis is about to kill Elle he is invisible during the cutscene and when your suppose to fight him he disappears in thin air and all you hear are sound effects of the saw and you can't advance because all the doors lock
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I lied. Thinking back on it, there was one major glitch—which I've mentioned several times before—I just didn't think of it as a glitch.

The glitch is, of course: Scarlet's invincibility. I went through the battle arguably 50 times unsuccessfully. Sometimes Scarlet's shell would come off in minutes and the second form just wouldn't die; other times her shell wouldn't come off no matter how many times I struck it. Infuriated, I turned off the game—last save location be damn'd—and came back the next day. She died on my first attempt.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
stopped_clock

Post by stopped_clock »

After multiple playthroughs (on the 360) I've yet to experience a single glitch. However, my brother started playing it a couple of days ago and he's stuck in the sewers because the Siam that appears at the end won't show up, so he can't kill it and move on.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

I played it on PS3, but I've read the PC version is glitchtastic, too.

Here is what I've run into so far:

Game froze during a cutscene, the one where Alex was about to fall through the floor, and he tried to ask Josh for help. After it stalled for a while, it skipped over the scene. I reset my game so I could see the whole scene.

In the sewers where the multiple Needlers appear, one of them was up on the ceiling when I killed it, and the animation of it falling to the ground just looped over and over. It was so funny looking I watched it for a couple minutes before resetting the game.

Not sure if this is a glitch, but in the motel one time I got onto a bed and was able to kill the nurses with my knife without them being able to touch me. I tried to do it again next time I played, but couldn't get Alex to get back on the bed.

Finally, this glitch occurred one of the last times I played. I was just running along outside, and suddenly it was like the town vanished. All you could see was Alex and the rolling fog. I could get to the map screen, but the actual map itself wouldn't load, so I couldn't tell where I was. I wandered for a while and a cut scene was triggered (it was the one where Alex finds elle putting up the flyers). You could hear the dialogue, but scene showed nothing but fog. When the cutscene ended, nothing had changed, so I was forced to reset.
Nexus
Just Passing Through

Post by Nexus »

Mustang wrote:I just got in the underground and at the part where
Curtis is about to kill Elle he is invisible during the cutscene and when your suppose to fight him he disappears in thin air and all you hear are sound effects of the saw and you can't advance because all the doors lock
I had something similar to this happen to me as well only it was after the cutscene and instead of it being just him, everything (including the room itself) disappeared into a gray nothingness while I just heard footsteps and the saw.
Dream_Demon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Dream_Demon »

No sure if this falls under bugs or not, but I didn't want to make a brand new topic about it.

I always thought you could quick toggle the flashlight by simply pressing Up on the D-Pad. I know I've done it before in this game, without going into the menus. But now, all of a sudden, not a single button turns the light on or off without having the menu open.

So, does anyone know what might've happened? I didn't mess with the controls, it's just weird. All help is appreciated, thanks.

It's probably my on stupidity with the buttons. But still, if it just randomly stopped working for me.

EDIT: Annnd, it randomly started working again.
Damn It All
Just Passing Through

Post by Damn It All »

In the sewer section, where you pretty much guide Elle around, she just got stuck on like a small ledge she refused to climb. It took me like 3 hours and several reloads to get her to climb that damn thing.

Also sometimes, depending where I am, death scenes and executions freeze up my game as well.

Oh well, they can't all be hits.
The Heart is heaven but the Mind is Hell. - Tom Waits
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

I just experienced 2 glitches.
The first one was before or after (it doesn't really matter) you face the first Smog, if you take a street and go there(which I can't remember the name) all things dissapear. All you can see is fog and more fog. Took me like 3 minutes to get the hell out of the place. After that everything was normal.

Another one is when you're about to enter the Prison. If you go to the eletric gate you'll "earn some lighting bolts" and fall down, correct? But when Alex stand up his right leg was like broke or something. Like he was kneeling and just stood up but stayed with the leg in the same way as before. After you walk a little it goes back to normal.

Not really "game buster" glitches, thank God. I hope that these are the only ones that I'll face. But I don't wanna meet'em again on my 2nd playtrough.
Des573
Just Passing Through

Post by Des573 »

Glitches:

-When I saved my game in Curtis' shack, I had the handgun equipped. When I started the game the next time I played, a different hand gun was floating in the air and flashing like you could grab it even though I had it equipped.

-I was being chased by a Feral but it was running at an object rather than me

-The entire stage was missing while I was exploring the Rose Heights Cemetery

-The game always lags on me when ever I use the Laser Pistol
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Oh, I'm playing the game again with the Order Soldier outfit and I experienced so far (I'm at the Hotel, almost fighting Sepulcher) tons of glitches and bugs.

The first one was on Alchemilla Hospital (Alex dream), I was fighting a nurse then Alex was kinda moving away from the goddamn Nurse. I couldn't do a thing, I paused the game, unpaused, but Alex was still moving away, I had to wait for the Nurse to hit me for the game to be back on normal.

Sometimes when a monster appear and if I attack it right away and it dies the sounds of groaning, screams or just the weapons hitting still can be heard.

Sometimes when I, let's say that I'm walking on the streets and the music from the background plays, if I try to go anywhere else another music will play and the other one would stop, right? But this doesn't happen, both musics play together and it's kinda annoying. You keep listening to this annoying remix 'til you enter a door and a loding screen appear.

And there's also cutscenes glitches/bugs too, when Wheeler call you on the radio and Alex pick it up, thanks to the Order Soldier's gloves, nothing can be seem. It look's like Alex is talking with Wheeler trough his mind.

Damn, I only hope that these glitches and bugs stop and don't ruin my 2nd playtrough. Or any other playtroughs. I paid 200 bucks for this game goddammit, it can't fail on me!
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

The only glitches I experienced were in the Sheperd house and In the church, Though nothing too serious, apart from when I got multiple tree plates from the church, but i just reloaded my last save and it was all k :mrgreen:
^^
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

i have not experienced a single glitch in the whole game o.o
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

The first time I got the Mk 23 handgun from Curtis at the junk yard, I was looking through the back room for ammunition when I found a floating, glowing handgun in the corner (near the save point, I think).

I wasn't able to pick it up and whenever I approached it, Alex would just walk through it.

EDIT: I just looked through the thread and found this.
tooblekaine wrote:After I got the gun and all the items in the junk shop, I saved the game and quit for the evening. The next day that I started up the game from the save point, the gun was floating in mid air a few feet to the right of me! I still had it in my inventory and Alex looked at it as I walked around, but I couldn't pick it up or interact with it. It just hung there... like a ghost! But it wasn't, it was a gun stuck in the air.
Was this on the PlayStation 3?

I was playing the PS3 version when this happened to me.

EDIT 2:
SpearOfDestiny wrote:Don't know if it's a bug or not, but enemies can still damage you while an animation is playing (climb over, squeeze through etc). I thought this was a tad bit unfair, especially when you are fighting more than one monster.
That's never happened to me before, so it must definitely be a glitch.

For example, when you're leaving the Rose Heights Cemetery for the second time and jump down into the pit with the fountain, there are one or two Ferals there.

Instead of fighting them, I just sidestep them (the dodge button is complete bull#### and will only get you mutilated) and climb up the ledge with them biting at my heels but they never register a hit on me.

I have to say though, after reading all of the game breaking glitches experienced by all the other users, I have a lot to be thankful for.
AdjectiveRyan

Post by AdjectiveRyan »

on my playthroughs on the 360, the only glitch l found was bosses were almost immune to my lazor pistol. they would take a dozen shots and not go down. only when l hit them with a regular weapon they would die (or prompt for back removal).