"Have you ever seen such Aberrations?"- Kaufmann

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

fafner87
Gravedigger

Post by fafner87 »

TANK wrote:It would be interesting to see if they would do a deformed snow leopard...
That would be interesting. Probably won't happen, but it would be kind of cool to see a slight departure from those pesky dogs.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/fafner87/SilentHillsigbyAric.jpg[/img]
Morbid.Marionette
Just Passing Through

Post by Morbid.Marionette »

I hope they keep the ghost kids that squeek when they fall down.
( I can't remember what they're called. )
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

I'd say cheerleaders. It would be so badass.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Dammit Ryan!
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Lostkitsune
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Lostkitsune »

That's obviously the final boss if you have a sexually oriented profile :P
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Err. . .

Spam + double post = spamble post. Let's please not do that.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

I can definitely see the Wendigo as a great monster.

"Though descriptions varied somewhat, common to all these cultures was the conception of Wendigos as malevolent, cannibalistic, supernatural beings (manitous) of great spiritual power.[4] They were strongly associated with the Winter, the North, and coldness, as well as with famine and starvation. Basil Johnston, an Ojibwa teacher and scholar from Ontario, gives one description of how Wendigos were viewed:
“ The Weendigo was gaunt to the point of emaciation, its desiccated skin pulled tautly over its bones. With its bones pushing out against its skin, its complexion the ash gray of death, and its eyes pushed back deep into their sockets, the Weendigo looked like a gaunt skeleton recently disinterred from the grave. What lips it had were tattered and bloody [....] Unclean and suffering from suppurations of the flesh, the Weendigo gave off a strange and eerie odor of decay and decomposition, of death and corruption.""
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Wendigo. . .

Well! Why not stick spriggans in while we're still at it? :P
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
_Drake_
Hope House Careworker

Post by _Drake_ »

How about a Cross of The Nemesis from Resident Evil, The Element of Ice, A Snow man, and a Yeti?

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Sooooo... a yeti with tentacles and a rocket launcher...?
Alessandro
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Alessandro »

demonic policemans or womens, how about that
I could see that.

Why cant we have slutty doctors in the series?
JamesisBetterThanHarry22
Just Passing Through

Post by JamesisBetterThanHarry22 »

It would be cool to see the dogs come back as wolverine-like creatures like the saber-tooth's in X-men 3.
Come Murphy. The town awaits you.
TANK
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TANK »

yeah, as long as they dont get too carried away with the designs, it would be nice to see them change some things slightly. they would almost HAVE to get rid of the giant lizard boss though, because lizards thrive in warm climates, and if you have ever seen a cold lizard, you can catch them with your thumb and forefinger. so they would have to replace that boss right away.
It's a world of someone's nightmarish dillusions come to life.
_Drake_
Hope House Careworker

Post by _Drake_ »

I've seen Lizards in cold climates that were active and very fast, so even if they do put Lizard boss in, they can come up with some excuse.

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

That is assuming that the aforementioned boss actually was a real lizard. Which of course it is not.
Koshercrackers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Koshercrackers »

Uh, sorry if this came up earlier, but I think they gave us a shot of one of the monsters.

[img]http://bulk.destructoid.com/ul/130901-d ... 0x.jpg[img]

That thing that's grabbing onto Harry only has three fingers, and the little bit of its (head?) that's showing is all warped and mottled.

Grey Children redux, perhaps?
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

From reading the interviews I got the impresion that we aren't going to have some wide range of monsters, so there wouldn't be a specific yeti monster or hot/sick nurse, but rather one type of monster that continuously evolved to adapt to your profile (I'm guessing varying by the initial psych report and then further changing as dictated by your style of play)

Of course I could have completely misinterpreted what I read.

Either way, I wouldn't like a yeti type monster at all, it just doesn't sound very Silent Hill, nor do snow leopards for that matter, there's something too exotic about them as enemy types, and I always associated SH monsters with normality, just twisted.

That said, pterodactyls, so I guess anything goes.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
TleilaxuEyes
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TleilaxuEyes »

rm2kking wrote:“ The Weendigo was gaunt to the point of emaciation, its desiccated skin pulled tautly over its bones. With its bones pushing out against its skin, its complexion the ash gray of death, and its eyes pushed back deep into their sockets, the Weendigo looked like a gaunt skeleton recently disinterred from the grave. What lips it had were tattered and bloody [....] Unclean and suffering from suppurations of the flesh, the Weendigo gave off a strange and eerie odor of decay and decomposition, of death and corruption.""
This, all the way. It would actually fit in with the setting, unlike a demonic polar bear or some crap like that.
The demonic children should definitely return, although they obviously don't have to look the same as they did in the first game. I say mix it up a little.
Doctors and nurses should return, but they should be more like the ones from SH1 and not the (now stereotypical) slutty nurse monsters introduced in SH2. I thought the killer medical staff with the parasites on their backs were pretty darn scary. Once again, they don't have to be exactly the same as in SH1. Maybe have the parasites cling to different parts of the body instead of just the back, or give the nurses different weapons, or some such thing.
I thought the killer teddy bear things were actually quite underused in SH1 (unless you played it in Europe, in which case they were way overused to replace the child monsters). It might be nice to see them return.
I don't know how I feel about the air screamers or the rompers yet. They could be really scary or really stupid, depending on how they're handled.
At any rate, I'll be pretty happy if there's a wide variety of enemy types to run from.
I'm the kind of kid that can't let anything go
But you wouldn't know a good thing if it came up
And slit your throat.
-"My Heart is the Worst Kind of Weapon" by Fall Out Boy

Thanks for the avatar, ST3wolf!
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Krysta wrote:demonic policemans or womens, how about that :shock:
That would be nice, demon civilians... Some demon bikers just like Ghost Rider :P
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

Ugh... no 2 yeti plz

Stick with the originals. That's what made the game good to start. Possessed medical staff, dogs, grey children, bugs... do I have to post a link to a "meaning of the monsters" thread? They functioned as manifestations of Alessa's fears, blahblahblah. They have rhyme and reason. Or has she developed a fear of yetis and snow leopards since the last go-round?

You wanna fight a yeti? Go play Ski Free.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.