Walking with Maria in the Hospital...

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

Post by QuestionSleepZz »

Whats down there?
I've played the game recently, but sadly haven't gotten back up to the hospital, and I haven't noticed it on any other playthroughs...?
Silent Carnage
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Carnage »

I'm completely lost, maybe I could find this on youtube somewhere.
crucifix
Historical Society Historian

Post by crucifix »

Krist. wrote:
MMY wrote:The inclusion seems too deliberate to not be "that big of a deal." If it happened in other locations, or only sometimes while coming off the elevator, I'd call it a glitch. That, however, isn't the case: She always faces the wall there, and only there.
It's not a big deal because it's not like OMG WTFFFFFFFFFFFFF; it's just enough to give you chills. That's what I meant by not a big deal--I think crucifix meant it in a similar way.
i did, and i agree.

it's nowhere near the creepiest nor strangest thing in the game, and i honestly didn't take much notice of it during any of my playthroughs.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
vivica_cherry
Just Passing Through

Post by vivica_cherry »

I didn't know about this either - can't wait to check it out!
Jecht
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Jecht »

I just got to this part. Would it be helpful to make a youtube video of it so people can see it?
Deadbolt
Just Passing Through

Post by Deadbolt »

Go for it.
Dr. Eggnog

Post by Dr. Eggnog »

There's something new every time you play the game. I swear I heard a new noise in Blue Creek Apartments this time around at the end of the hallway. If I've heard that smash before, I don't remember it. I also finally found the part where the mannequin falls off the side of the building. Also, I noticed that in the streets after you find Mary sometimes the crosswalk signals will change.

I will check this out next time I play. I love little things like this.
Haoie
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Haoie »

Looks like I didn't pay enough attention. Didn't see anything like that.
If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
Dante
Just Passing Through

Post by Dante »

So... What happens is this,after getting out of the elevator,Maria is away from James and is looking at a corner,right ?

I´ll have to check this out with my fourth playthrought for the Mary ending. :?
[img]http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/811/renadelusions.jpg[/img]
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

i remember that part actually and i thought to myself "Maria wtf r u lookin at over there" i musta spent like 5minutes randomly clicking "X" trying to pick up w/e she was looking at lolz
~The Bird of Hermes is My Name; Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame~
SpaceProg
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SpaceProg »

I've played through SH2 I don't know how many times, and I never noticed that. Go figure.
destinyCreature11
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by destinyCreature11 »

It's not Maria that does something wierd in the teddy bear room, it's James. After he gets priked by the needle in it you can examine it and he says, "Nothing special." But he continues to stare at it. I have to try this "Maria" thing out...
SpaceProg
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SpaceProg »

I always thought the "James continuing to stare at the Teddy Bear" thing was just a glitch. *Shrugs*
SilentObserver
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentObserver »

I think the maria thing is also a glitch, but a rather interesting one.
You're not *supposed* to take her down there, since there isn't anything to do on that floor anymore.

I am not sure, but I don't think james stares at the bear after getting the needle if you put maria away first. I think he's just staring at maria. (it's a small room and there isn't much room to move at all, and he loves looking at her) I have to play through again anyway, so I can test this out.
Burning Man
Historical Society Historian

Post by Burning Man »

SilentObserver wrote:I am not sure, but I don't think james stares at the bear after getting the needle if you put maria away first.
James stares at the bear no matter what, actually. Initially, it was believed that he was staring at the bear because of the needle, but even after James has picked it off, he'll still stare at it, Maria or no Maria.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.