SHHF Exclusive Interview with Tomm Hulett - READ IT HERE!

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Chris Sunderland
Historical Society Historian

Post by Chris Sunderland »

Very interesting read. I think if this is done right it might be one of the better titles in the series, perhaps the reboot the series needs.
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iqehhj.jpg[/img]
Dark Sky
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark Sky »

Severeth wrote:I hope you're right about the monsters, too. Remember 0rigins before Konami intervened? *Shudder.
You mean, "remember Origins before it was taken away from the Americans and given to the British team who are now making Shattered Memories?"

These people know what they're doing. They know what Silent Hill is about, they've proven that with the beautiful little Origins, and now they want to reinvigorate the franchise and produce something as fantastic and strange and fresh and exciting as the first SH game.
Futures
Just Passing Through

Post by Futures »

Oh joy, one of my questions was picked!

I really do like this guy... He definitely seems to understand the series. I also really enjoyed reading this interview. Thanks for setting this all up, Vixx! :D
Atimus
Just Passing Through

Post by Atimus »

Looks like the most promising sequel after 4, only hope it doesn't shatter my memories of Silent Hill.
I can't wait for this game.
Futures
Just Passing Through

Post by Futures »

Atimus wrote:...only hope it doesn't shatter my memories of Silent Hill.
That's fuckin' brilliant! I bet it'll be used in one the game's reviews. :lol:
RemiO
Just Passing Through

Post by RemiO »

I can't believe I didn't hear that the music was a cover version of "Always on My Mind." That's really awesome.
Severeth
Gravedigger

Post by Severeth »

Dark Sky wrote:
Severeth wrote:I hope you're right about the monsters, too. Remember 0rigins before Konami intervened? *Shudder.
You mean, "remember Origins before it was taken away from the Americans and given to the British team who are now making Shattered Memories?"

These people know what they're doing. They know what Silent Hill is about, they've proven that with the beautiful little Origins, and now they want to reinvigorate the franchise and produce something as fantastic and strange and fresh and exciting as the first SH game.
Really? That's different, then. I still don't like the sound of SM, but I feel slightly better about this.
I have a Youtube account where I sometimes post SH related videos. www.youtube.com/user/severeth

http://www.last.fm/user/Severeth
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

Thanks to Vixx for giving us an opportunity to ask questions about SH:SM.
Thanks to Tomm and Sam for answering our questions.

I'm really glad that they are doing Silent Hill. :mrgreen:
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Restoration01 wrote:Thanks to Vixx for giving us an opportunity to ask questions about SH:SM.
Thanks to Tomm and Sam for answering our questions.

I'm really glad that they are doing Silent Hill. :mrgreen:
Me too. :D

And it was Tomm and Sam who did all the hard work, not me!
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

I think that this thread should be stickied, since people seem to miss the information in here quite often.
rm2kking
Historical Society Historian

Post by rm2kking »

They do. Many here, namely the newcomers, seem wholly and totally unaware of the interview or the information presented therein.
In short, I agree.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

It's my experience that people look at the stickies even less, but no probs - stick'ed it is.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
lost carol
Just Passing Through

Post by lost carol »

This game is sounding better everyday. :D I cant stop wondering on how the raw shock will evolve when i play the game. :?
Laxamentum
Just Passing Through

Post by Laxamentum »

This was great to read. It is awsome that we can reach out to them like that and get real answers.
It's a damn shame the way people mistreat such nice things...
-Curtis
Henderson
Just Passing Through

Post by Henderson »

I have great faith in the game, but I think it should have at least a bit of fight, like, very little ammo, so maybe it would be better.
antianara
Just Passing Through

Post by antianara »

This was an amazing interview to read. Honestly, before I read it I still wasn't entirely sure about what to think, but everything he says makes sense. Especially the part about what people perceive to be the 'otherworld.'

I really, really cannot wait to see how this game works out. This part in particular - "The Psych Profile will change the Raw Shocks as you play the game, so by the end you are pursued by YOUR own 'monster.'" - is so cool I don't even have words for it.
Half the people in this room are mad at me, and the other half only like me because they think I pushed somebody in front a bus, so that's not good.
SilentMadness
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by SilentMadness »

Hey does anybody know or remember him mentioning how the saves are going to be? Will we be saving on the phone/ external like a notepad from SH1<---example
"It doesn't matter if you're smart, dumb, ugly, pretty...IT'S ALL THE SAME ONCE YOU'RE DEAD!"--Eddie Dombrowski
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
words to live by
Arachnid1
Just Passing Through

Post by Arachnid1 »

antianara wrote:This was an amazing interview to read. Honestly, before I read it I still wasn't entirely sure about what to think, but everything he says makes sense. Especially the part about what people perceive to be the 'otherworld.'

I really, really cannot wait to see how this game works out. This part in particular - "The Psych Profile will change the Raw Shocks as you play the game, so by the end you are pursued by YOUR own 'monster.'" - is so cool I don't even have words for it.
That does sound pretty cool. Our own monster...

The prospect of my very own Pyramid Head is badass!
Disfigurator
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Disfigurator »

Thank you guys for coming up with this - I enjoyed the questions and answers. The concept sounds awesome, let's hope that the rest will live up to the quality.
Morlock
Just Passing Through

Post by Morlock »

It was so cool of them to take part in such an interview with the francises true fans like that. I do believe that they respect the Silent Hill Story, the truth is there are just alot of directions you can go with this game. And since they've chosen to do something pretty different with S.M. everyone is naturally curious. I'm really not that curious about the specifics, saving etc. I Get what they are doing with regards to "reImagining" SH1. & I've already commited to buying it so, I'm happy to find out the little things on my own. I still say this is a risky game, but I am looking forward to finding out what I think! We don't have too much longer to wait!