The best Silent Hill ever!!! (my opinion)

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

Well I think Silent Hill 4 is a good game, it just doesn't get tons of love always from the fandom because it doesn't feel quite like Silent Hills' 1-3. It's not totally different, but still not quite the same.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

There are huge differences, like the lack of any kind of overworld, and the item limit thing, which is just frustrating. I love the game though, it's absolutely amazing. I've just started playing through it again.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
Nyarlathotep
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nyarlathotep »

I guess what I dislike about The Room would be how incredibly frustrating it is to actually play. There's plenty to appreciate in it, it has an amazing story and excellent atmosphere... It's just hard to enjoy it when the game itself is just broken. That, and at a few times it incorporated elements of generic J-Horror that felt out of place in the series, to me.

Overall, I'd say it's my third favorite in the series.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

The only real J-horror is Cynthia, which was acceptable to me due to the fact that it wasn't overdone. The game is really too hard and for the wrong reasons, but it is a great installment to the series.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

rm2kking wrote:The only real J-horror is Cynthia, which was acceptable to me due to the fact that it wasn't overdone. The game is really too hard and for the wrong reasons, but it is a great installment to the series.
I don't see how you would consider Cynthia to be "J-horror" :?

I was able to overlook the shortcomings of SH4 (pretty numerous) because the atmospere and story was so engrossing... I remember seeing the trailer a couple months before it was released, that trailer is creepier than the game..
revalations 23:16
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>I don't see how you would consider Cynthia to be "J-horror"
Long black hair―i.e. Kayako Saeki.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

The trailer was scary as shit. And Cynthia does conform to the classic image of the yūrei (the classic long-black-hair japanese woman-ghost), which is why she could be considered J-horror. It's just the hair really.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

rm2kking wrote:The trailer was scary as shit. And Cynthia does conform to the classic image of the yūrei (the classic long-black-hair japanese woman-ghost), which is why she could be considered J-horror. It's just the hair really.
ahh.. her ghost..

I stand corrected. :)
revalations 23:16
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Okay, so using the map I've deduced the exact location of the lake in comparison to the forset area. Toluca Lake is northwest of the level. I assume Wish-house quite is near the area where SH2 begins.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Solid reasoning, but are we given a compass rose to tell the direction? I'm seriously brainfarting here. :lol:
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

They do say something along the lines of "The lake is northwest" on a memo in that level, near the beginning.

Also, Just finished the Water Prison. It rises straight out of Toluca Lake. You can see the water when you are on the lower levels of the outside walkway. You can even see the waves.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Yeah, it's been a while. I taking a break from the game because I've seriously f**ked up the second forest level. I ran through the whole level without getting the torch.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

I got so damn stuck in that level before too. It's really easy to screw up in SH4.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Especiall when Eileen stands still four feet behind you in that room with ramp in the forest, in spite of the ghosts, then whines at you for leaving her behind.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

Yeah, or you go through a door and she hasn't caught up yet, so you find yourself alone and have to go back into ghost-infested hell room to retrieve her slow ass.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

A lot like ashley graham...
xanyleon
Just Passing Through

Post by xanyleon »

I really like this one...

But then I won't bash any of the SH games. I love all the games as they all have their perks :D
I AM THE SANDWICH!!!
Manic_Relapse
Just Passing Through

Post by Manic_Relapse »

Most people seem to hate it so much because of how different it is. I liked it for this reason. It shows a side of how Silent Hill is gradually effecting people's lives that don't have any direct connection with the town. I also liked how it went into the pasts of some of the characters that were only briefly mentioned in the other games.
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h185/Creeping_Deth1/Niho-sig-1.jpg[/img]
TravisGrady
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TravisGrady »

I've only played the demo, but I really enjoyed that. I definitely don't think its the worst silent hill game.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

The game is nice but it's not the best, every game has it's flaws. What made me like this game was definetly the story, no doubt.