Level Metaphors?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

volpe3fuego
Just Passing Through

Level Metaphors?

Post by volpe3fuego »

So I was thinking about the levels of Silent Hill 4 and realized not only do they have a connection to Walter in the sense that he's visited these places before in the past as a kid. But if you look at the type of levels that they are, there's a connection to pregnancy, too.

*before I go any further, I just want to say that I'm going to be using an "adult" term, but I think we're all adults here so hopefully it won't be a problem*

Subway: trains = transportation and flow of the sperm
Forest: trees = fertilization
Water Prison: water = the placenta (water) forming, enclosing the fetus
Building: the fetus forming
Apartment: the baby in its full form, living in the womb
Hospital: deliverance/baby is born
The Game..what's up with that? Who's his manager: Milton Bradley? ~ Edge making fun of Triple H,WWE
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

While not specifically regarding birth, the very first thread in the Quicklinks is about the levels' symbolic nature: http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8241.

Wonderful things, Quicklinks.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
volpe3fuego
Just Passing Through

Post by volpe3fuego »

Krist. wrote:While not specifically regarding birth, the very first thread in the Quicklinks is about the levels' symbolic nature: http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8241.

Wonderful things, Quicklinks.
Thanks for that, I'm still pretty new so I'm working my way around ^^ I reposted this there. I have like 0 luck when it comes to searching for relative threads before I post something ^^; Thanks again!
The Game..what's up with that? Who's his manager: Milton Bradley? ~ Edge making fun of Triple H,WWE
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Umbilical Cords (found in the Quicklinks in the "Symbolism" category)

The search function is very hit or miss, I'm afraid. Always check the Quicklinks before starting a new topic, and if you don't find an existing thread, you might just try scanning the thread titles on the first four or five pages of the relevant board.

Hint: You can search for keywords in thread titles by using Ctrl+F. Sometimes it comes in handy.
Returbuliz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Returbuliz »

Cool theories.
Also the big worm in the subway could be related to your theory.
Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die