Boxart

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Loud&Silent
Just Passing Through

Boxart

Post by Loud&Silent »

....couldn't find any topic or mention around the boards (probably should have looked harder, but maybe some didn't hear or see) about the offical Boxart for Shattered Memories.........

....hey, atleast its confirmed to be Mature, unlike the speculation of it being Teen.

So, Like it, Hate it, or Meh-tastic?

The only thing I don't like is the empty space surrounding Cheryl, other than that, it serves its creepiness....
Last edited by Loud&Silent on 16 Aug 2009, edited 3 times in total.
Have you seen a little girl? Short, black hair? About seven years old? A Bastard Child? May or may not be the Mother of God/Satan?.........Shes my Daughter.
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

This should be an interesting debate...Hell it's alright. Whatever. Just a cover. Is this the american boxart? Will it be different in different countries I wonder?
19pack
Just Passing Through

Post by 19pack »

Hmmm....It's not anywhere near as bad as the Silent Hill Homecoming's NTSC cover, but about on-par with the Homecoming's PAL cover in terms of subtlety/obviousness.

I understand the desire to include the 'Icy Otherworld' feel on the case, but I would prefer something a bit more indistinct or surreal.

If we have to have the same image, then I think it would work a bit better if they blur up Cheryl so that it looks like she is caught in the middle of an intense 'white out' snowstorm, with perhaps just her eyes or her face partially visible. Also zoom in on her so that the image terminates about where her knees begin.

Also I think the game's title is too near the top, it's dangerously close to the white 'Wii' bar.
Aavri
Just Passing Through

Post by Aavri »

That gives me the chills down my spin and deeply disturbs me. While I agree that they could improve the sides a bit or add a bit of a surreal element, a dead/frozen body of a child is just sad and creepy. I don't know why but a frozen body just creeps me out. The way the eyes are frozen over so they are like glass is just ew. On to the fact that it is a child just adds to it.

While it can use improvement, I will say it is better then homecoming.
Dark Sky
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark Sky »

I quite like it!

It's very cartoony, though, especially the figure of the girl.

I have to say that I quite like the American cover image for Homecoming more than the UK one which is just so...generic. I hated the American one at first but then after playing the game I appreciate that it's more relevant to the story of the game. Plus it looks nothing like a computer game cover, which I like!
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

It's decent. She looks like a frozen Little Sister that way.
True
Just Passing Through

Post by True »

Popsicle Cheryl on a swing?
HECK YES. =C

It's creepy, but like you said, it has lots of empty space but I guess it gives the isolated feel.
Last edited by True on 16 Aug 2009, edited 1 time in total.
_Drake_
Hope House Careworker

Post by _Drake_ »

Yup, it's creepy
A bit obvious with it's frozen theme, but creepy none the less.

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance
Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Number 7 »

That's pretty sweet! I like the look of the town in the background as well. The only thing I don't like is how the the top of the swing disappears at the top of the box. It looks like she's hanging in midair.

When is this coming out again?
"He's underground now. His new name is Number Seven."
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

In my humble opinion I didn't liked it..
I thought they would put Harry and Cheryl in the car or something, but whatever it's just a CD case...
Henderson
Just Passing Through

Post by Henderson »

I liked a lot, on the cover of a sense of loneliness, and the atmosphere of Silent Hill.
Pentelikon
Just Passing Through

Post by Pentelikon »

Though I find it quite creepy and depressing in a good way,I just can't help myself disliking the logo,and wondering why in the world they changed the original one...Maybe they want to pass the idea that SH is changing for good.
Nyarlathotep
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nyarlathotep »

I really can't say I'm liking this one. Doesn't really matter though, just box art.
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

Meh, its ok i guess. Coulda been creepier but w/e
~The Bird of Hermes is My Name; Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame~
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Is cool athough they just took the first Cheryl art that we saw and added the frosty effect... A bit lazy but at least the pic looks great...
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

It's okay, I think Cheryl could have been incorporated more into the background though... right now she looks like she just floating there but I think it's leagues better than the US SH4 cover!
My Websites!
Image Image Image
JC1220
Just Passing Through

Post by JC1220 »

Whitney wrote:It's okay, I think Cheryl could have been incorporated more into the background though... right now she looks like she just floating there but I think it's leagues better than the US SH4 cover!
Actually this is what this cover reminded me of (SH4). I have mixed feelings about this cover but while it could've been improved it's not terrible either. Might've gone for something more subtle (SH2 Xbox cover maybe). But hey I'm getting it because of the game not the boxart.
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

Did somebody freeze Alma Wade?

Seriously though, I think it looks fantastic, I'm already scared.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
Henderson
Just Passing Through

Post by Henderson »

Although this Silent Hill is different, will be more with the climate of the Origins of the SH
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

It could be worse: It could be the artwork from the cover of nintendo power with that terrible looking Harry in the frozen alleyway. It does seem a little cheap for them to use that concept art of Cheryl they had and slap some ice on her. She looks too "Tim Burton-ey." Big eyes. Too cartoonish. Now if she looked more like a real little girl frozen like that, then it might actually be creepy.