Nightmare chase sequences

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

-ShatteredSilence-
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Nightmare chase sequences

Post by -ShatteredSilence- »

I don't think this has been brought up seeing as there's only 2 pages worth of topics on the SH:SM board, but if the mods feel the need to do whatever to this topic then so be it...

Right on to my question: We know (and have seen) the very first nightmare chase sequence. It looks somewhat tough which is a good thing however I'm wondering just how much more tough or complex these sequences will become! The Raw Shocks are already extremely good at ambushing Harry and slowing him down

I guess this isn't so much a question as it is a speculation...ah well feel free to discuss I'm eager to hear what all of you have to say on this

Bonus: 8D This is the first topic I've created!!
~The silence has now been broken~
Suiko
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Suiko »

I'm sorta curious if the chases will have it so, say, you're stuck in a building and you have to run up/down stairs to different floors during a nightmare sequence to escape. Which reminds me there was a screenshot showing Harry jumping from one building to another, at least I think so, wonder how much house hoping will maybe even come into play during a chase...
Oh, it should've been, could've been worse than you would ever know.
Well, you told me about nowhere well it sounds like someplace I'd like to go.
-ShatteredSilence-
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Suiko wrote:I'm sorta curious if the chases will have it so, say, you're stuck in a building and you have to run up/down stairs to different floors during a nightmare sequence to escape. Which reminds me there was a screenshot showing Harry jumping from one building to another, at least I think so, wonder how much house hoping will maybe even come into play during a chase...
Hmm I've never seen that screenshot, would you happen to know where it is?
Suiko
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Suiko »

http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/artic ... 3_640w.jpg

I'm pretty sure he's jumping from building to building but sorta hard to tell lol.
Oh, it should've been, could've been worse than you would ever know.
Well, you told me about nowhere well it sounds like someplace I'd like to go.
-ShatteredSilence-
Cafe5to2 Waitress

^ Holy crap he IS! D: This makes me want this game more and more
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

That is a PSP screen shot and it doesn't look like it's in the Nightmare world but you never know. It could be building hopping.
This game looks so good!
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

The nightmare sequences seem like they are open enough to play how you please, like straight running to get to the end, or using stealth to sneak by the rawshocks. They'll probably change up a bit into the game to help pacing as well.
Waiting_for_you
Just Passing Through

Post by Waiting_for_you »

Suiko wrote:http://pspmedia.ign.com/psp/image/artic ... 3_640w.jpg

I'm pretty sure he's jumping from building to building but sorta hard to tell lol.
Holy shitsauce, I need this game.
You know you can follow my voice
Through the dark turns and noise
Of this wicked little town
Aavri
Just Passing Through

Post by Aavri »

I think they will get more and more complex. I mean, in the first nightmare chase, you have a chance if you go the wrong way to go in a full circle. The Playthroughs that we seen, the people are just getting lucky or already know which way to go.
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

im not sure if this has been covered but are there any other monsters in SH SM??? Cause that will make the nightmare sequences interesting to see nonhumanoid figures hobbling after you and ambushing you !
~The Bird of Hermes is My Name; Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame~
-ShatteredSilence-
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Axel_98 wrote:im not sure if this has been covered but are there any other monsters in SH SM??? Cause that will make the nightmare sequences interesting to see nonhumanoid figures hobbling after you and ambushing you !
It's been said that the creatures seen at the beginning will evolve according to how we act in the game
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

O RLY? this game just keeps getting better and better
:mrgreen:
kideatsu
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by kideatsu »

It looks great to me. It's very reminiscent of the first game's first nightmare sequence, which I give Climax points for. Hopefully we'll be guessing to the very end of the game, which at this point I have no doubt we will, though I still hope there are at least a few hints and some homage to the original, just for fun.
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

I hope there will be lots of easter eggs. And it seems to have alot of playback, i mean most of the trailers are different in one way or another as so pointed out on one of the earlier SHSM threads
SenorKaffee
Just Passing Through

Post by SenorKaffee »

I only played a chase sequence for a few minutes. I didn't know where to run at all, but the blue ice clearly marks the interaction spots. It seems you have a few alternative routes to choose from... at least in the Gamescom demo.
aturtle
Just Passing Through

Nightmare Chase Mode

Post by aturtle »

I think it would be neat if they incorporated a Endless Nightmare Chase Mode. In this mode you would start out at random locations in Silent Hill and be given a brief amount of time to get a head start or go hide in some building. Most of the Silent Hill world is open allowing you to run and hide freely. After the time is up, loads of monsters spawn and hunt you down. You pretty much run away until they track you down and kill you.

It sounds good to me in theory. What do you guys think?
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

^A minigame? Sounds cool lol, great idea!
But some "hardcore-horror-fans-from-hell" would "deny" it imo.
DirtyNorris
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DirtyNorris »

Despite it being an interesting concept, I'm not finding the icy otherworld as creepy/scary as the bloody one, but the chase sequences themselves look terrifying enough to more than make up for it. I get a bit frustrated about not being frightened by SH any more, so I'm really excited about the game hopefully being as scary as it looks.
[img]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac241/DirtyNorris/o0p1cpjpg.png[/img]
Jecht
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Jecht »

SenorKaffee wrote:I only played a chase sequence for a few minutes. I didn't know where to run at all, but the blue ice clearly marks the interaction spots. It seems you have a few alternative routes to choose from... at least in the Gamescom demo.
That's interesting. I guess it always sounded like it was fairly obvious where to go but i guess not. It would make me nervous knowing I have little monsters chasing me.
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

I'm sure there will be some easter eggs, some obvious some not, for players of the original to find. I'm just excited for the psyche profile and an altered view on the original games loosely explained story. :)