James DOES Appear In SH4, Possibly

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Burning Man
Historical Society Historian

Post by Burning Man »

So, Mike who looks like he's 30 is into old women. I think that alone puts the creep factor of Silent Hill 4 -The Room- above all other games.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Damn It All
Just Passing Through

Post by Damn It All »

Burning Man wrote:
Damn It All wrote:Before anyone says anything about the Rachel model keep in mind that the developers didn't think that people would get such a good look at it, thus they quickly made something on the fly.
I think you give developers too little credit.

You only have to take a quick glance at the Trick or Treat special that's in Lost Memories to know that developers spend a lot of time with this kind of stuff.
The thing is, its not that they were lazy about it. If anything, they ran out of time to actually make real models (I mean they even left out the UFO ending). Also, if the developers are so diligent with their work then why the typo with Frank's name on the picture? See what I mean? Again, I still feel the need to stress that within the boundaries of the game you really don't get that great a look at them, thus making detailed in game models would be a waste of time.
The Heart is heaven but the Mind is Hell. - Tom Waits
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

Damn It All wrote:Also, if the developers are so diligent with their work then why the typo with Frank's name on the picture?
What typo? Frank's name isn't even mentioned on that picture.

Besides, a typo would be categorized as a mistake. Developers are human beings, too. They make plenty of mistakes. What you describe about using arbitrary models would be intentional. Two different things.
Again, I still feel the need to stress that within the boundaries of the game you really don't get that great a look at them, thus making detailed in game models would be a waste of time.
No matter how much you stress it, it's still a guess on your part.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Damn It All
Just Passing Through

Post by Damn It All »

Burning Man wrote:
Damn It All wrote:Also, if the developers are so diligent with their work then why the typo with Frank's name on the picture?
What typo? Frank's name isn't even mentioned on that picture.

Besides, a typo would be categorized as a mistake. Developers are human beings, too. They make plenty of mistakes. What you describe about using arbitrary models would be intentional. Two different things.
Again, I still feel the need to stress that within the boundaries of the game you really don't get that great a look at them, thus making detailed in game models would be a waste of time.
No matter how much you stress it, it's still a guess on your part.
When you examine the picture, Henry remarks how it's the superintendent when he was much younger. Unless I'm wrong and Frank isn't the superintendent, then its referring to him. Now if the man in the picture isn't him then its a typo/misprint or whatever.

Also, I know its a guess, but I'm trying to back it up with evidence. I still don't see how that's NOT Frank in the picture.

*Edit* I feel I should state that I'm not trying to start arguments with anybody. Its all in good debating fun. :)
The Heart is heaven but the Mind is Hell. - Tom Waits
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

Don't worry. Arguments are part of good debating fun, anyway.

You know, all this talk about a "much, much younger" Frank reminds me of the "family photo" of Heather and Harry in Silent Hill 3. In that photo, Heather is her 17-year-old self, but Harry hasn't aged a day since his introduction in the original Silent Hill. In that case, I suppose a bystander would comment that that's a "much, much younger" Harry even though chronologically, that would not be possible.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

So Henry broke the fourth wall?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]