Origins is the best Silent Hill game ever made

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Waiting_for_you wrote:Worst Silent Hill game ever.
We're not talking about Homecoming dude... :wink:
Deadbolt
Just Passing Through

Post by Deadbolt »

The guy who made this topic is an excellent troll. Hats off.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Deadbolt wrote:The guy who made this topic is an excellent troll. Hats off.
Agreed. I certainly feel like an idiot now. >_<
NothingLikeSleep

Post by NothingLikeSleep »

The monsters sucked and the weapons sucked and the theatre was the only decent level. Atleast homcoming had sweet graphics and hot nurses
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Origins looks great for be in a portable console
Homecoming looks awful for be in a current-gen console

Origins did't have to steal from the movie... Yeah, Origins has The Butcher and the nurses but at least they tried to make them look different...

Homecoming has the Pyramid Head, the cleavage nurses and almost the same damn argument than SH2...

The weapons may suck in origins but I never had problems with them, some of them are really good... Homecoming weapons really sucked and you don't have a big selection (Just 3 melee weapons?? Pleaseeeeeee!!)

Origins allows you to skip every cinema (Even pause the cinemas!! That0s sweet); Homecomin makes you see complete and boring cutscenes just after the parts where you surely will get killed making you watch the damn cinema again and again and again...

Origins was a bit creative in the unlockables (Costumes instead shirts from 3 and firl's outfits from 4) and Homecoming has COSTUMES!! What Original!!

Origins gives you a result screen with your game performing allowing you to see how did you do, how much time did you use and Homecoming... Nothing

Origins allows you to explorate the streets with lots of place (Not useful but at least you really have fun looking for stuff in several locations); Homecoming has all the streets blocked so you can't go almost to anywhere besides your destination.

Origins still using the subtle gore for scare you with hidden and misterious corpses... Homecoming just throws tons of dead people in your face...

Some things in Origins can be connected with the previous games... Anything in Homecoming is connected with the previous games...

The final stage in 0rigins is great, to return to Green Lion was cool and the alternate streets were cool... The final stage of Homecoming is so damn bored...

Silent Hill 0rigins isn't perfect and has lot of mistakes (I still thinking they should use more time for improve the game and add another level)... But it still being a lot better than Homecoming
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

I fully agree with Kage here. Espesially in this one:
KageReneko wrote:Origins looks great for be in a portable console
Homecoming looks awful for be in a current-gen console
Also never I didn't encounter a single glitch in 0rigins (on PSP).
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
Chris Sunderland
Historical Society Historian

Post by Chris Sunderland »

I agree too, every Silent Hill game set the bar for graphics on a it's respected system (not 4, but I'm trying to prove a point). Homecoming looked dated.
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iqehhj.jpg[/img]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

i mean, how do you guys know that travis has chest hair and henry doesnt?!

XD!
Deadbolt
Just Passing Through

Post by Deadbolt »

Because Henry is some loser who gets stuck in his own house and can't carry infinite items. What a wuss.
valiturus

Post by valiturus »

Although I do agree that Origins was pretty fun to play, I wouldn't say that it's the BEST SH game, but hey, that's only one girls opinion. There are both many pros and cons with the game, but the cons unfortunately outweigh the pros. For example, it was alot shorter than I would have expected, regardless of the fact that it was made for the PSP. And I especially have to disagree with your statement that they should make a sequel to Origins, seeing how the ending sort of leads up to the point where 1 takes off. I suppose there could be a short side quest with a character, but nothing that would tell us anymore of the main story of Alessa and all that.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Travis wrote:Also never I didn't encounter a single glitch in 0rigins (on PSP).
The sound glitches were on the PS2 version, which is why I ultimately abandoned it and gave the PSP version another go (still haven't finished it, though). The mood-killing that happens is pretty severe.
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

Silent Hill 2 and 3 blow Origins out of the water

for the record I didn't hate Origins, but saying it's the best of the series? what an absurd statement...
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

I too think 2 and probably 3 were a bit better than origins looking at it from a tech stand point. However there was little wrong with Origins aside from possible glitches.
GioGio

Post by GioGio »

I doubt that highly, the original is by far the best,
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v510/tzack/0212.jpg[/img]
It Doesn't Matter Who I am, I'm Here For You James.....See, I'm Real
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Re: Origins is the best Silent Hill game ever made

Post by ashatteredmemory »

snakesonaplane wrote:And that lead character! OH yeah talk about a REAL MAN IN THE GAME! All the other guys were like girly men. Always worried about something or someone. But this man OH BOY! He was a TRUCKER! A real burly man! I would love it to death if he ran through my silent hills :?
Ooh, boy, you're gonna hate SHSM
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
Kiki
Just Passing Through

Post by Kiki »

Henry is the most MANLY man ;)
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

I guess if you think sh origins is the best its your opinion :? I really don't get why you would think its better than sh 1-4 but whatever. But as far as graphics you've gotta be kidding sh3 is easily the best looking sh game.
TravisGrady
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TravisGrady »

but Origins is on the PSP and it still looked nice, hope SM looks the same.
Kiki
Just Passing Through

Post by Kiki »

I remember when I thought the best one was 4! Fans might as well had thrown bottles at me lol I love it still but number 2 is easily the best. x
HereComesTheButcher
Just Passing Through

Post by HereComesTheButcher »

I loved Origins. I don't know why people think it ruined the series