How to get each ending (from the official guide book)

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

How to get each ending (from the official guide book)

Post by Whitney »

UFO ENDING

- complete the game once
- begin the game again from your save game data
- after you have use of the phone call the number you see on the UFO billboard above Theresa's "United Fruitcake Outlet" and (it's also on the side of Good ol' Days): 555-3825

There are 13 ufos scattered around Silent Hill you must take a picture of each one and trigger a message. You must find ALL of them or you won't get the ending

Location pictures from guide

#1-#6 http://shshatteredmemories.com/wp-conte ... /ufos1.jpg

#7-#13 http://shshatteredmemories.com/wp-conte ... /ufos2.jpg

As for the other endings unfortunately the guide doesn't outline how exactly to get each ending but this is what it says regarding getting the endings you want:
quide wrote: Therapy

Silent Hill: Shattered Memories is unlike other games. Instead of following a strict script of events, it depends completely on your input to shape the characters and the world around you

The game uses a system based on four separate dichotomies:

Extroversion/Introversion

Sensing / Intuition

Thinking / Feeling

Judging / Perceiving

While this may seem to have little to do with carefully making your way through the almost deserted environments of the ever changing Silent Hill, it is what allows the game to tailor itself to your specific personality, making the playing experience different for individual players.

Initially, Shattered Memories uses the "Garner Sobel Personality Inventory form K" during your initial meeting with Dr.K to start the process. To give the game a starting point you must provide true or false answers to the seven statements listed on the form.

1. I make friends easily
This question can demonstrate whether or not you are outgoing or if you prefer your own company over that of others.

2. Having a drink helps my relax.

How do you feel about alcohol and other substances? Are they a part of your life?

3. I always listen to other people's feelings.
Are you empathetic? Do you care care the people around you? Or, are you more concerned about yourself

4. I prefer abstract ideas.
Do you like to think about possibilities? Or, do you prefer concrete answers?

5. I have enjoyed role-play during sex.
Do you have a healthy sex life? Or do you prefer to not talk about sex at all?

6. Working to a plan or schedule is best.
Do you like to be in control, to know what is going on at all times? Or, is a plan constrictive? Does it hinder your ability to make snap decisions?

7. I have never cheated on a partner.
Do you prize faithfulness? Or is a little fun between consenting adults okay with you?

Shaping Your Choices

If you are trying to steer yourself towards one of the possible endings listed below, this is a good place to start (the initial therapy questionnaire). This doesn't guarantee that ending of course you have many, many more choices to make throughout the game that can either reinforce or change your selections here.

While all this makes for a fascinating experience with the game, the end result of your choices is of course which ending your receive. There are a total of four possible endings available during the first play through with an additional one becoming available through the fan favorite UFO quest on subsequent journeys through the town.

"Love Lost" This ending requires you to be a generally upstanding guy. Steer your choices away from wine and women and focus on finding your daughter and helping others.

Harry wears in hospital: long winter coat and pink sweater when wakes up in wheelchair

"Drunk Dad" This ending you need to show a marked affinity for alcohol or other substances. Let Dr. K know that you prefer a stiff drink and make choices that are conductive to this lifestyle.

Harry wears in hospital: Green letterman style jacket

"Sleaze and Sirens" Getting this ending is simple. All you have to do is think about sex as much as possible. Be upfront about your desires in your therapy sessions and let your eyes linger on any sexy images your encounter.

My own note: Don't forget to watch Lisa undress and it's probably a good idea to hang at the cat house awhile staring at the portraits.

Harry wears in hospital: Black leather jacket

"Wicked and Weak" To achieve this ending you must be a bit of a snob. Let your therapist know that you've got better things to do than make friends.

Harry wears in hospital: Duffle coat

Your ending is not set in stone after the first few choices you make but like everything else in the game can be changed based on you subsequent actions. This system allows you to replay the game again and again having a different experience each time.
Later there's this note in the hospital section of the guide about the new wardrobe:
guide wrote: This doesn't mean your ending is set in stone think of the wardrobe change as a progress report. You can still change the ending you get by altering your play style.
My Websites!
Image Image Image
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

Despite having VERY female looking monsters (I've become James! :shock: ) I believe I got the Love Lost ending, which given how this game's story plays I'm quite pleased. :)

Thanks for posting this. My second play through is simply picking the complete opposite of what I did the first time, we'll have to see what I get. :twisted:
SilentEyesSilentWords
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentEyesSilentWords »

Awesome stuff! I ordered the PS2 version so Im waiting another good month -_-

But it should be well worth the wait, I suppose.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

....dammit, my leather fetish is going to have me aiming for an ending before I even start my first playthrough.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SilentEyesSilentWords
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentEyesSilentWords »

AuraTwilight wrote:....dammit, my leather fetish is going to have me aiming for an ending before I even start my first playthrough.
Hahaha, I hear ya. :wink:
PrescitedEntity
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by PrescitedEntity »

"5. I have enjoyed role-play during sex.
Do you have a healthy sex life? Or do you prefer to not talk about sex at all? "

Uh... Well, I guess healthy sex lives have taken on a new meaning in this day and age? Either way, sex is do not want for me. And friggin' Myers-Briggs/Jungian psychology... Why didn't they just call it an MBTI test? >_>

I like duffel coats... but being that much of a sleaze? Still, pink sweater is unbearable.
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/PrescitedEntity/sigLinger.jpg[/img]
LightningRapier
Just Passing Through

Post by LightningRapier »

Well, damn. I've completed two playthroughs, but I'm not sure which endings I got. The first was
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Where Harry gets beaten up by Dahlia quite a bit
and the second was
Where he's leaving in the car and tells Cheryl to stop filming
He had the same clothes on both times (the pink vest and winter jacket) but luckily I was able to get two different endings. I'll have to figure out which was which and shoot for the others, too!
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

PrescitedEntity wrote:"5. I have enjoyed role-play during sex.
Do you have a healthy sex life? Or do you prefer to not talk about sex at all? "

Uh... Well, I guess healthy sex lives have taken on a new meaning in this day and age? Either way, sex is do not want for me. And friggin' Myers-Briggs/Jungian psychology... Why didn't they just call it an MBTI test? >_>

I like duffel coats... but being that much of a sleaze? Still, pink sweater is unbearable.
Well it's fine if you don't wish to talk about it, but every human being has a sex drive big or small and it's a part of who we are as living creatures. The question is simply how open about the subject are you.
LightningRapier wrote:Well, damn. I've completed two playthroughs, but I'm not sure which endings I got. The first was
Where Harry gets beaten up by Dahlia quite a bit
and the second was
Where he's leaving in the car and tells Cheryl to stop filming
He had the same clothes on both times (the pink vest and winter jacket) but luckily I was able to get two different endings. I'll have to figure out which was which and shoot for the others, too!
I'm certain that the second one is the "love lost" or good ending for this game. It's what I got the first time.
PrescitedEntity
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by PrescitedEntity »

Silent One wrote:

Well it's fine if you don't wish to talk about it, but every human being has a sex drive big or small and it's a part of who we are as living creatures. The question is simply how open about the subject are you.
I'm not saying that SEX is something that can't be talked about. It's the implication that not roleplaying = not having a healthy sex life. At least, that's what it reads like.
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

PrescitedEntity wrote:
Silent One wrote:

I'm not saying that SEX is something that can't be talked about. It's the implication that not roleplaying = not having a healthy sex life. At least, that's what it reads like.
Yeah the question is a little vague. :?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The implication is one who doesn't experiment with sex, or doesn't play around with it.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

i got drunk harry
i basically stared at every booze container/drug that i could through the game

my next playthrough i'm gonna do an honest one

that's cool that you get different clothes in the hospital part based on how you play
this game is amazing
Escapist
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Escapist »

Just a question - the endings or the game change the fate of Cheryl? Or they are are always the same, just the bonus video stuff at the end?
Heart of Shadows
Just Passing Through

Post by Heart of Shadows »

Love lost damn that was a spirit breaker.

It doesn't change harry's fate but it affects the little video of the family they show in the ending.
It takes much more courage and intelligence to face truth as it is, out in the world and inside oneself, without wishful thinking or preference based on a superficial view of reality.

"You always feel like you are the only one in the world, like everyone else is crazy for each other, but it's not true. Generally, people don't like each other very much. And that goes for friends, too. "
— Miranda July
heroicxspace
Just Passing Through

Post by heroicxspace »

Any tips for getting "Wicked and Weak"? It's the only ending I'm missing. I thought I had it last time, but then I ended up getting "Love Lost" instead...
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

I got "Love Lost." Brought a tear to my eye for the first time since SH2. To me, that means something.

Oh, and my final results were exactly the same as the online Myers-Briggs test I took, basically confirming what was being implemented. And, yes, it was pretty much spot-on.
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

I just need the Wicked/Weak ending (seen all other normal endings) but I'm a little unsure how to get it.

Do I look away from characters when the eye ball shows up?
How do I show Dr. K that I don't care about his tests?
What other actions would lead towards this endings?
What should I avoid (drinking or sexual things?)

Any info would be nice, want to get this ending before I hunt for UFO.
CerealKiller
Just Passing Through

Post by CerealKiller »

Silent One wrote:I just need the Wicked/Weak ending (seen all other normal endings) but I'm a little unsure how to get it.

When your talking to charaters, just look away from them. I think it's just being anti-social
MapDark
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MapDark »

PrescitedEntity wrote: I'm not saying that SEX is something that can't be talked about. It's the implication that not roleplaying = not having a healthy sex life. At least, that's what it reads like.
yeah I personally think that role-play during sex is absolutely cheesy ^^;

Yet I think I have a pretty healthy sex life.
Heather Mason , the only girl who will face deadly danger
by going to the mall for hair bleach !!

[img]http://furnation.com/mapdark/maplick.gif[/img]
MapDark
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MapDark »

Silent One wrote:I just need the Wicked/Weak ending (seen all other normal endings) but I'm a little unsure how to get it.

When I got that ending I basically acted really anti-social with people.
I would simply not call any numbers , I would hang up incoming calls , I would look away from people talking to me. I sprinted through areas without really paying attention to anything.

Basically , be an ass and you'll get the ending XD
Heather Mason , the only girl who will face deadly danger
by going to the mall for hair bleach !!

[img]http://furnation.com/mapdark/maplick.gif[/img]