Shattered Memories ERROR?!

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

Eva-Unit01
Just Passing Through

Shattered Memories ERROR?!

Post by Eva-Unit01 »

Okay... I'm seriously pissed.

I went through hell to get to the point of where I am at currently in Shattered Memories. I was currently stuck trying to do the stupid Gumball machine puzzle in the Mall...

Because it was about the colors of a mascot from the school, At least it seemed like so, I thought I would check into my picture gallery to see if I took any pictures of that mascot while I was at the school.

Want to know what happened?

Right when I went into the picture gallery on the cellphone, I suddenly got a message saying "The data is corrupt." So when I clicked the "Okay" tab I suddenly couldn't get out of the stupid gallery. The small waiting circle kept going and wouldn't disappear. Then I noticed that when I pressed on the "-" button on the Wii Remote, I couldn't make Harry's hand move back down. I was able to move around and turn the flashlight on and off, But I was still stuck with the cellphone being in front of my face. The entire thing froze on me in that position. You're probably thinking "Well, It's alright. Just reset and do it all over again."

I thought the same thing too after five minutes of trying to put the cellphone away. Guess what though? My ENTIRE DATA vanished. So now I have to start ALL OVER again. I've never had this problem with the Wii, So I'm positive it wasn't the Wii that did this to my now gone file.

I went through A LOT of trouble to get to where I was.

Has anyone EVER had this happen to them with this game?

I'm so pissed off that I don't even know if I should bother playing it now. I suck with puzzles and I got a lot of mementoes and messages.

-Sighs.-
"I'm an Insect who dreamt he was a Man and Loved it. But now the Dream is Over... And the Insect is Awake."
- Seth Brundle/Brundlefly (The Fly 1986)
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

Oh man, that SUCKS. I really didn't like how you could only keep one file per game- because normally I use at least two files per game in case something ridiculous like that happens... (I always have a fear of the power going out right while I'm saving.)

Unfortunately, this is just one of those things that does happen sometimes, and there's really nothing you can do but restart- but one good thing is that you will probably be able to get to this point much faster your second time around (that is when you actually feel like playing again). Good luck, and I hope it was just a crazy one in a million chance that doesn't happen again..
Eva-Unit01
Just Passing Through

Post by Eva-Unit01 »

Yeah, It does suck horribly. The only time I've ever had this happen to me was when my memory card for the PS2 completely went insane. All my game save files on that memory card just vanished. I had to go back to where I was on all my games. I thought I wouldn't ever have to go through that problem again, Because it was such a pain to do all that stuff. I'm the type of person to have master save files (Meaning I completed EVERYTHING there is to do in each game.), So it takes a lot of time to get to that point and then beat it with that type of save file. But I completely agree, I too, Keep at least two or three save files of the same thing because of the fear that one may end up corrupt.

That's another thing I hate about this game. Was the fact you couldn't have the ability to save in the other two slots with the same game file. Because if the thing that happened to me happens to other people, Then they could have been able to choose the other files without any worries.

But yeah, I know all I can do is start from the beginning again. And I agree, Considering I know what to do now in all areas of the game thus far, I'm sure I'll get to my original spot in no time. Though I completely forgot how I go through the hospital and the mall chase sequences! Lol. Thanks a lot for the luck, I'll need it tremendously. I can only hope as well that this problem won't ever happen again to me.

So far, I'm playing it again. I'm currently in the woods now. So I'm semi-close? xD

Lolz.
"I'm an Insect who dreamt he was a Man and Loved it. But now the Dream is Over... And the Insect is Awake."
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

Yeah, I think every gamer has gone through some sort of lost data trauma (Like when I lost my FF7 data with my gold chocobo, ultimate weapons and knights of the round materia, and that was just from me stupidly saving over it!)

And yeah, about not being able to save in the other two slots- that's what I mean. When you go to save it just saves your game but it's not like you can choose to save in any other location. It sucks. They might have well just made it auto-save (which I also dislike, but it's practically just as bad).

When you do the gumball puzzle in the mall, there's a thread on here somewhere with the answer so maybe you should just not bother using your camera? I admit I was entirely too lazy to backtrack for the picture, so I just got the answer on here >.>;
Eva-Unit01
Just Passing Through

Post by Eva-Unit01 »

Ryoshockwave wrote:Yeah, I think every gamer has gone through some sort of lost data trauma (Like when I lost my FF7 data with my gold chocobo, ultimate weapons and knights of the round materia, and that was just from me stupidly saving over it!)

And yeah, about not being able to save in the other two slots- that's what I mean. When you go to save it just saves your game but it's not like you can choose to save in any other location. It sucks. They might have well just made it auto-save (which I also dislike, but it's practically just as bad).

When you do the gumball puzzle in the mall, there's a thread on here somewhere with the answer so maybe you should just not bother using your camera? I admit I was entirely too lazy to backtrack for the picture, so I just got the answer on here >.>;
Yeah, I agree. Any gamer can say that they've been through the nightmare of losing some saved data. And that seriously sucks about your FF7 data. I'm still working on my FF7 data on the PSP! xD!!

Auto-Save is only good if you're the type of gamer who constantly forgets to save. I tend to have my moments in some games where I forget to do this (I'm a huge Mass Effect fan. I became so focused on the game, When the power shut off I realized I didn't save my game. I lost about two hours of gameplay because of that mistake. Sure it has auto-save, But I was in a place where it doesn't auto-save, Depending on where you are... Such as a regular planet that is not about the main mission in the game.).

And yeah, I've checked the thread about the Gumball Puzzle. It seriously made no sense to me. So I'll still be stuck on what colors I need and if they must be in order. >_<;;
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

For the gumball puzzle:

You need to pay attention to the giant toucan in the mall, where you have a junction of going left into a clothing store or right into somewhere else. The colors are slightly off; for instance, the blackish color is actually purple. The color on the edge of the beak is going to be the first color you will need to have come out of the gumball machine; the color closest to the toucan's head will be the last.

So, if you see the toucan with, say, a beak that has purple at the tip, then blue, pink, and yellow closest to the face in that order, you would have to get the gumballs in that same order. I hope that made sense.
Eva-Unit01
Just Passing Through

Post by Eva-Unit01 »

Yeah, It seems to make a lot more sense. It was confusing to read the thread, So I appreciate the help. I'll try it out and see if I can get it.

Once again, Thank you. ^_^
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

You're welcome! If it comes down to it and you're still stuck, I can probably try and get a video of it to help out if needs be.
WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by WolfSiberia »

Happened to me also! IN THE EXACT SAME PLACE.

I feel your pain. But it happened with my Original SH1 data, after I only needed the Good+ and UFO endings.
FML.
November 30, 2009 - R.I.P. Akira Yamaoka's career. Goodnight Sweet Prince.
[spoiler]Its mentioned in the play novel that Heather's birthday is April 20th...
Which is my birthday, weed day, and Hitler's birthday.[/spoiler]
Eva-Unit01
Just Passing Through

Post by Eva-Unit01 »

Yuki wrote:You're welcome! If it comes down to it and you're still stuck, I can probably try and get a video of it to help out if needs be.
Seriously thank you so much for such kind help. I appreciate it.

Someone else told me to take a picture of the bird in the middle of the mall. I'm going to try and do so and see if I can still figure it out. If I can't, I'll make sure to let you know for help. x3
Eva-Unit01
Just Passing Through

Post by Eva-Unit01 »

WolfSiberia wrote:Happened to me also! IN THE EXACT SAME PLACE.

I feel your pain. But it happened with my Original SH1 data, after I only needed the Good+ and UFO endings.
FML.
That seriously sucks. Just wondered if this happened to anyone on this particular game. I'm just worried that if I get to where I originally was (At the Gumball puzzle in the mall.) it would do the same exact thing that it did with my original save file and delete my current one. If that does happen, Then I am correct; The game disc is faulty... Which would horribly suck.
in zero
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by in zero »

My game froze in the same place, I too had to start over. I'm sorry. Keep playing though - the rest of the game is 5000% worth it.
Eva-Unit01
Just Passing Through

Post by Eva-Unit01 »

in zero wrote:My game froze in the same place, I too had to start over. I'm sorry. Keep playing though - the rest of the game is 5000% worth it.
Wow. You had the same problem as well? Glad to see I wasn't the only one who suffered through this, Lol.

But yeah, I'm sure it's 99999999.9% worth it. xP

Thanks for the replies, People. ^_^
Darkness Concept
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Darkness Concept »

Wow, so other people are experiencing game freezes in this room as well? I made it through here no problem.
It's terrible, but hey look on the bright side... you'll be playing more SH. Hope it breezes by for you and doesn't drag as you anticipate getting back to where you left off.
There Was a Hole Here...
[img]http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a344/octaveorange/waiting.jpg[/img]
It's Gone Now.
Revolverhawk
Just Passing Through

Post by Revolverhawk »

Ryoshockwave wrote:Yeah, I think every gamer has gone through some sort of lost data trauma (Like when I lost my FF7 data with my gold chocobo, ultimate weapons and knights of the round materia, and that was just from me stupidly saving over it!)

I played a Dragon Ball Z game where my data got wiped 3 or 4 times in a row. Thankfully it was a bad game, so I don't really care.
Rion

Post by Rion »

Lol, I only had my save data swiped from my Galerians: Ash game.

It sucked.

I had to do hard mode all over again to get my secret ending again. ._.

Well, at least other people are experiencing data loss.
cultistofvertigo
Just Passing Through

Post by cultistofvertigo »

wow, so this happens exactly the same every time? Wow. That's alot more than a freak accident, that's a repeatable bug. My opinion of the game just dropped through the floor. That's not how you make games.

It's good that you're okay with just going back through it quickly. I'm not okay with redoing a game that does a psyche profile as you play it, so my progress has come to a brick wall until I can figure out what I need to do in order to get the same echo messages as last time. Although most other things are going the same way (characters and dialogue, etc.)
In the future it might occur to me to type something really awesome here. I cant think of anything very interesting and not obnoxious at present, so, just... forget it.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

The save slots are the only bad thing abot SHSM, I just love to have a savefile before each of the endings just for access them henever I want (I'd love to find a way of back up my PS2 memory card,I have all the endings for the original 4 SH games there)...

Anyway, I fortunately have another memory card (1GB) for my PSP so I'll use it for save before the other endings... I'm having my second playthough right now and I just overwrote the data for get the UFO ending, after this I'll start from zero again for have access to the other endings (I just hope that 6 sots be enough for all the endings)
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

KageReneko wrote:I just love to have a savefile before each of the endings just for access them henever I want (I'd love to find a way of back up my PS2 memory card,I have all the endings for the original 4 SH games there)...
Same here. I was disappointed in the lack of save slots for this very reason.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Action Replay: Max offers the ability to back up or even down load saves from others to a thumb drive or hard drive. I got one years ago to download rosters for NCAA football and Basketball games, and I've loved it since.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================