My SH4 Review/Questions(spoilers)

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

My SH4 Review/Questions(spoilers)

Post by Axel_98 »

So I just beat SH4 for the first time and honestly, I really like the game and I don't see why so many people hate it. The Hospital was probably one of my favorite in the series, kinda disappointed that we never got to go back to it/it wasn't longer... Some parts were annoying though. Like trying to get Eileen to run instead of beating the hell out of everything she runs across with her purse... And running into walter in the apartments and getting lit up w/ his guns. I also hated the fake out in one of the apartment rooms. I walked in and was like "YES! JACKPOT!" try to pick up one of the guns and get "sorry their all fake..." :((((
I do have a few questions though...

Was that pet shop owner, something garland, Lisa's father?

Did Walter kill any other (idk how to say this) main character related people? (ie. Superintendent= James Fahter, pet shop owned=maybe Lisa father) could it be a coincident?

Were we in Walters head or were we dealing with Manifestations of Walter like Alyessa in SH1?

Can you call anyone else on Henrys phone, like in SH:SM?

Since we see Walter everywhere, even in our room, did he really kill himself in prison or is it as the Journalist said, that it was a double (a stand in, scape goat w/e)?

Do I get anything for collecting all those darn golf clubs? Like a golfers outfit or something?

That picture u pick up at the end of the game, says it's Walters father, was that supposed to be Pyramid Head?

-----------------------------------------
:D Now I gotta get my hands on SH3 and ill be set for awhile. Thinking about going back and playing SH2 again to get the other endings ^.^
Last edited by Axel_98 on 19 Dec 2009, edited 1 time in total.
~The Bird of Hermes is My Name; Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame~
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

More like questions, not really a review, but I totally agree with you, haha.

Your third question is really clever, I think you were :)
Walter Ressurected himself after commiting suicide. And that wasn't pyramid head. I hope I answered some of your questions :)
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

lol yeah sorry, i had so many questions after completing teh game for the first time.

:S How can he ressurect himself when he's dead? Wouldn't some1 have to perform the ceremony?

And we need a picture of the drawing, cause it looked 2 me like pyramid head, but I suppose since he lived with the cult he often saw RPT. xD Poor guy, thinking RPT is his dad and his mother is Henrys room.
silenced angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by silenced angel »

Well I think:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Is not PH, but a twisted representation of Walter's father, like the one you find in one of the drawings, I think the one in that room.
And:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
You may say that we are inside Walter's world
nanook in heaven...
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

>Was that pet shop owner, something garland, Lisa's father?

Steve Garland. Could be, we'll never know. :P

>Did Walter kill any other (idk how to say this) main character related people? (ie. Superintendent= James Fahter, pet shop owned=maybe Lisa father) could it be a coincident?

I can't say I remember. I thing those 2 were the only ones that were "related" to another character.

>Were we in Walters head or were we dealing with Manifestations of Walter like Alyessa in SH1?

Walter's own world.

>Can you call anyone else on Henrys phone, like in SH:SM?

Unfortunaly no. I tryed many and many numbers but it seems that you can only call Bar Ashfield.

>Since we see Walter everywhere, even in our room, did he really kill himself in prison or is it as the Journalist said, that it was a double (a stand in, scape goat w/e)?

He really killed himself, don't you remember his corpse in that cross thingy?

>Do I get anything for collecting all those darn golf clubs? Like a golfers outfit or something?

No.

>That picture u pick up at the end of the game, says it's Walters father, was that supposed to be Pyramid Head?

It's Walter's father. NO PYRAMID HEAD IN SH4.
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

^^^^ Thanks ^.^ we totally need the picture though, it looked suspiciously like RPT.

I remember Walter being on the cross, but he had all those tube connected to him, like he was being kept alive. I guess it still fits though. Do we ever find out who resurrected him though?

Also, could the whole "There was a hole here once..." thing be referring to a hole like Henry sees?

EDIT: AhHa! Found it! http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11462 -------Page4

[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Those tubes were full of embalming fluid. He didn't "resurrect", he became effectively undead.

And no, the hole probably references the holes James went through.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Did Walter kill any other (idk how to say this) main character related people?
In certain endings, people in South Ashfield Heights are killed via præternatural means, by heart attacks, just like several people predating Silent Hill, who were involved in the town's development.

>Were we in Walters head or were we dealing with Manifestations of Walter
Through the Ritual of the Holy Assumption/Liberation, Walter constructed his "kingdom"—a separate world from Silent Hill's otherworld, and Alessa's [otherside].

>Can you call anyone else on Henrys phone, like in SH:SM?
No.

>did he really kill himself in prison?
Walter committed suicide in prison and performed the Ritual of the Holy Liberation in room 302. He "died" twice. There's a thread discussing this you should read.

>Do I get anything for collecting all those darn golf clubs? Like a golfers outfit or something?
No.

>That picture u pick up at the end of the game, says it's Walters father, was that supposed to be Pyramid Head?
Earlier Walter tells us, via illusionary flashback, "Daddy, I can't see your face." Walter was abandoned immediately after he was born: There's no way he could have remembered what his parents look liked.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

MMY wrote: >That picture u pick up at the end of the game, says it's Walters father, was that supposed to be Pyramid Head?
Earlier Walter tells us, via illusionary flashback, "Daddy, I can't see your face." Walter was abandoned immediately after he was born: There's no way he could have remembered what his parents look liked.
Actually I think I figured this out (well actually im basing my opinion off an article off wiki, but it makes sense). I think the picture is of Walters first victim Jimmy Stone. Wore the triangle hood during executions. But like I said im basing it off wikipedia....
>did he really kill himself in prison?
Walter committed suicide in prison and performed the Ritual of the Holy Liberation in room 302. He "died" twice. There's a thread discussing this you should read.
Can u post the link to the thread please?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, anyone else notice the people in the other apartments acting strange too? Like some1 doing front flips, another guy talking to himself shaking his hands in the air, another guy boxing nothing. Some chick constantly staring out the window. Could it really be only Henrys room thats being effected by Walters world?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yes, it's technically only Henry's room being effected. Henry's apartment building is just full of wierdos.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Oh, and Steve Garland cannot be Lisa's father. If anything, they're brother and sister.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

How so? He looks pretty old.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Exactly.

Lisa is 23 in Silent Hill, in 1980 according to topic #64, and Steve Garland looks as though he's in his 40-50s as of 1991. Therefore, Lisa was born in 1957 and Steve would have been born in the 1940s—let's say 1945, aging him 45-6. Unless Steve was an incredibly young stud at 12 years old, it doesn't make sense for him to be Lisa's father.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

Oh wow, nice timeline. Yeah that makes sense.
AuraTwilight wrote:Yes, it's technically only Henry's room being effected. Henry's apartment building is just full of wierdos.
^Then how does Frank, Cynthia, Eileen, and Richard all kind of get into Walters otherworld? I mean they all lived in the apartments.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

They were all pulled in via their dreams because Walter specially chose them; Walter was the only person chosen due to where he lived. Also, Frank never enters Walter's World, and I don't think Cynthia lives in the apartments.
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

Ok, here's another question I was thinking about.

Why does everything point at Henry? Like the Twins and Robbie?
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

Try looking at the Quicklinks, links to many interesting discussions exist there.
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

Axel_98 wrote:Ok, here's another question I was thinking about.

Why does everything point at Henry? Like the Twins and Robbie?
More or less with Robbie, it's a "you're next" kinda thing if I'm not mistaken, while with the Twin Monster, they're pointing and whispering because Henry is the reciever.

Bishop is right though, the quicklinks are great for finding already discussed topics.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

Oh yeah! =S I always forget about those. I rooted around and answered a few of my questions but I didnt find a topic on this and don't feel like making an entirely new one for it.

Ok, so my Eileen was in Horrible condition. Really, I was tired of lugging her around. So is it even possible to not lose her at the end? She's walking too fast.

I've gotten close, got the god killed but just starting to fight Walter. Is it possible?
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

No, it wasnt pyramid head, it was the RED devil xD
well, seriously it was his father..

But i can't stop thinking of the boogeyman ending in SH:H now..