Places you may have not been too

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

woofy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by woofy »

I couldn't figure out where to go after the theater, so I ended up in the public records area. I didn't think a lot of other players would have gone in here (I didn't notice the camera zoom in until I was really close). It's kind of cool, the grated door IS very mysterious, I really want to know what is behind it.
sneaky
Just Passing Through

Post by sneaky »

any update 'bout SH:O area you missed to searched...
" mess with the best;
die like the rest... "
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

exploring everything helps you find things you didn't think were there, that's why it's a good idea to check every door
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

I think I went in there on my first playthrough. I have deffo been in there more than once.
I remember missing the Police Station in SH1 too. I read on here only a year ago or so that you could actually go into it.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

I Opened the police station hoping to find an assault rifle, or some ammo. As for this one, I don't know of any obvious buildings I missed..
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

lol, i neary missed it myself if i didn't look at the map and see it had words on it.
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

paladin181 wrote:I Opened the police station hoping to find an assault rifle, or some ammo. As for this one, I don't know of any obvious buildings I missed..
There's an assault rifle in Origins? :shock:

I know that Homecoming had the M14 battle rifle, but that only held five rounds in each magazine...

Is the assault rifle an unlockable weapon, or is it available during the first play through?
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

I was talking about SH1, not Origins, and there is no assault rifle. I didn't know that at the time, I was just looking for better weaponry, and there seemed to be no more logical place to find it than a police station. I was... disappointed, to say the least. Of course, I was younger then and at the time I didn't fully get SH.
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

there is an assult rifle in SHO or it's an AK, not sure now, but there is.
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

Aric - The Reaper wrote:there is an assult rifle in SHO or it's an AK, not sure now, but there is.
Yeah, I just did some research and found out that there was an AK assault rifle in Origins although I'm not sure what model.

Anyway, is Silent Hill: Origins worth getting? I heard that it was recently added to the PSN game store and I was considering whether to buy it or not.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

it's worth getting to have the SH series and story line, it's pretty good, just make sure you save when you re-visit the hospital, cause there is a glitch when you head outside (happens to me 50% of the time)
Dogg Thang
Just Passing Through

Post by Dogg Thang »

Cyrus Hanley wrote:Anyway, is Silent Hill: Origins worth getting? I heard that it was recently added to the PSN game store and I was considering whether to buy it or not.
I realise I'm late to this thread but just a heads-up on the PSN version - the game is glitched so that cut scenes don't play properly and finish early. The glitch has been there since it went up and still hasn't been fixed so I'm not sure it ever will be.

Others have mentioned it here - http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=20075

The UMD version doesn't have the same issue.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

The glitch it what kills me when i try playing though not saving it. great game adn great series, locations and people are awesome
SilentFantasy
Just Passing Through

Re:

Post by SilentFantasy »

KageReneko wrote:Don't you think that grated door at the Public Records is really misterious??
Oh my gourd, yes! I looked around there for ever trying to find some way to break down/ open that door. -_-' It is mysterious!!!
My Mollyanne, due March 15th!
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Re:

Post by leftshoe18 »

Aric - The Reaper wrote:it's worth getting to have the SH series and story line, it's pretty good, just make sure you save when you re-visit the hospital, cause there is a glitch when you head outside (happens to me 50% of the time)
What glitch would that be? I don't think I've ever gotten it.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Re: Re:

leftshoe18 wrote:
Aric - The Reaper wrote:it's worth getting to have the SH series and story line, it's pretty good, just make sure you save when you re-visit the hospital, cause there is a glitch when you head outside (happens to me 50% of the time)
What glitch would that be? I don't think I've ever gotten it.
It's when the cut scene is about to happen. Often time the game will freeze or show a black screen. Nothing will happen.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Re: Places you may have not been too

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

I've never encountered that glitch, but I have encountered the sound glitch many times, usually after leaving the sanitarium.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

Never seen either of those glitches personally, and I have to admit that I missed the Public Records place the first time I played... And I usually search every nook and cranny unless I know 1000% that there's nothing there lol :D
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

I have the PS2 version of the game so it might just effect that or it's just my copy. I don't know, it still does it.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

Aric - The Reaper wrote:I have the PS2 version of the game so it might just effect that or it's just my copy. I don't know, it still does it.
Hmmmm, I have the PS2 version as well.