This is one of the few games that made me legitimately sad.

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

BucketMunchkin
Just Passing Through

Post by BucketMunchkin »

I havn't played the game..yet.
But I have watched the walkthroughs on youtube and on the love lost ending
I loved it. It had so much depth to it and emotion. But I felt very depressed and I forbid myself to watch that ending before I go to school...lol
It kind of makes you think even if you have nothing to think about.
I didn't cry but it was sad, in a little tiny way I relate to cheryl (more in an emotional way , i don't have the whole father story going on lol (my dad was a arsehole)
"James: is she really alive?... Waiting for me?"

Somehow I doubt it buddy...
Koshercrackers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Koshercrackers »

For some reason, this ending hit me harder than a sledgehammer to the balls. Seriously. It was just the utter shock from seeing him walk in, his very sad last words, and him freezing, then shattering. I can't really explain it.
cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

I cried quite a bit at the end of the game. I remember crying a little bit once, during a certain part in SH2, and at the end of SH3, but never like this. It was quite sad, indeed.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
KM
Just Passing Through

Post by KM »

I was so in denial when Harry walked in the door. I just kept repeating, "No way... no way..."

After awhile it made me realize that I myself had become attached to the "knight in shining armor" idea of Harry ever since SH1. He's always been my favorite character, and seeing this version of the story in which we find out that Harry the hero doesn't even exist... I didn't want it to be true!

(Anybody else get hit in another way because they thought, since we're playing as Harry, "I don't exist"?)
DarkMatter
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DarkMatter »

The ending hit me pretty hard too. I didn't bawl my eyes out (the only game that has gotten me to do that is Mother 3) but I definitely got teary eyed. It was also blowing my mind, especially when Harry walks into Dr. K's office. It's an ending that really sinks in and just really pulled at your heartstrings. Especially...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Cheryl: "You've been with me for so long..."
Harry: "I always will be."
Harry may have not been a knight in shining armor but he was still a person who very much loved his daughter, as evidenced by the video tapes, and was killed far before his time. The "I love my daddy!" video chokes me up now too.
Last edited by DarkMatter on 24 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

I also feeled very sad after the ending. I really loved the Harry character portrayed in this game, and when I knew he was actually dead, it was already sad enough but when I saw that cheryl loved her dad so much she could not accept it, and then seeing her cry when hugging her father's illusionm with the beautiful music and the tape, it was eye tearing. :cry:
OrlandoEastwood
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by OrlandoEastwood »

I thought it was pretty sad, but Silent Hill 2 tops it for the being the saddest, in my opinion.
www.orlandoeastwoodfilms.tk // http://orlando-eastwood.tripod.com
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/OrlandoEastwoodFilms?feature=mhw4#p/a]Click here to view the Teaser Trailer & Behind the Scenes footage of [i]Trauma[/i]![/url]
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

This is the only Silent Hill game where I didn't cry. Kinda disappointing on that part. Good game..

The part where Ms. Harry slapped him around a couple of times at the end made me feel kind of bad for poor Harry. :(

Well, and the part with Michelle had just broken up with John. I hate John! I love Michelle, she's such a doll! I felt so bad for her.
Leesers
Just Passing Through

Post by Leesers »

KM wrote:I was so in denial when Harry walked in the door. I just kept repeating, "No way... no way..."

After awhile it made me realize that I myself had become attached to the "knight in shining armor" idea of Harry ever since SH1. He's always been my favorite character, and seeing this version of the story in which we find out that Harry the hero doesn't even exist... I didn't want it to be true!
I couldn't have said it better. Harry has always been my favorite protagonist, and I was in a state of almost... disbelief? the moment he walked through the door and Dr. Kaufmann said that heart wrenching "... Cheryl?".

Hannah wrote:Then Dr. K wrote that I was bad in bed and boring.

Jerk.
... and this cracked me up. Thank you ~
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/Leesers/Live%20Journal/shforum_sig.jpg[/img]
.: [url=http://www.alysepoole.com/]Portfolio[/url] : [url=http://leesers.deviantart.com/]DA[/url] : [url=http://silenthillsketch.blogspot.com/]Fanart Blog[/url] : [url=http://www.cosplay.com/costumes/m31732/]Costumes[/url] :.
Apocali
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Apocali »

It didn't make me cry, but it was definitely emotional, especially because I got Love Lost in my first time though, I love bittersweet endings like that. Though it did defintely make me to get into Cheryl's mindset, due to me seeing original Harry as the perfect father, a total badass that will literally go through hell and back to save his kid. Just like Cheryl, was kind of hard to accept the fact that this Harry wasn't perfect, but in the end, at least in my first playthrough, he was a loving father. Dr. K did call me a romantic, I think he may be right. :lol:
pj
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by pj »

The ending sequence of this game is 100% brilliant, and so unbelievably well done. Its the only Silent Hill that's ever really gotten me emotional.

I cried and had to just sit down when I finished it by myself, and when I ran through the game with my family I teared up at the ending again, too (and so did my mom and brother). Both times it got me in the same spot: when it reveals Cheryl's face at the end.

Its just so incredibly well done. Dr. K's acting, the things he's saying, Cheryl and Harry when they talk to each other, the fact that you're still "playing" when he walks in, the music....that scene is probably the single best scene in the entire SH series (in my opinion).

A bit of an aside, but related: this game deserves so much kudos for its script and voice acting. Thank you, Climax, for making Silent Hill characters behave and interact in ways that I could actually believe.
angevil
Just Passing Through

Post by angevil »

it made me sad that they made such an awful game :(
pj
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by pj »

^It makes me sad that you thought this was a worthwhile contribution to the discussion :(
lbsword
Just Passing Through

Post by lbsword »

I didn't cry. I was definately shocked, but It didn't necessarilly bring me to tears. When harry walked in, I was like "omg", like it blew my mind. and the "love lost" ending was fantastic. I just felt so fulfilled.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

This is the only Silent Hill game where I didn't cry. Kinda disappointing on that part. Good game..
What part of SH4 made you cry? It's a great game, but I don't really remember any tearjerker parts; most of the characters who died had it coming.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
0o0SiLeNtKiLL0o0
Just Passing Through

Post by 0o0SiLeNtKiLL0o0 »

This was the only Silent Hill game where I almost cried. The whole, "You never knew him, and you never will", that added with the Love Lost ending is just emotionally insane.
JiGoKuShOuJiN
Just Passing Through

Post by JiGoKuShOuJiN »

Well... I got sad because I was expecting more about Lisa. Her death and everything. All I got was more evidence about overdose.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

^ Well it wasn't a remake or sequel to SH1 anyway, but an AU re-imagining. What happens to Lisa in SHSM (homages aside) wasn't ever going to affect what originally happened to her anyway.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

I already kinda expected what was gonna happen in SM, so it didn't really hit me that hard, but kudos to Climax for creating such a wonderful game. :mrgreen:
Sepultcher
Just Passing Through

Post by Sepultcher »

I thought that the game had a very somber overtone throughout the story.

With the chase sequences being an exception of course, those are more like, "OMFG GOTTA' GET AWAY" moments.

The endings just made my soul bleed, they were so heart wrenching, and the music that started playing...

Though the hole story of the game really got to me at the final moments of the game, when Dr.Kaufman and Harry both said Cheryl at the same time.

I nearly cried.

:cry:
Last edited by Sepultcher on 28 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.
"This is one of those rare fact-based type details in SH that really can't- and shouldn't- be turned into a metaphor for a dead wife"
-Lain of the wired