Pyramid Head

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

SilentRacoonX
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SilentRacoonX »

In this damn guide I bought, they call him 'Bogeyman.' And they refer to the PH's in SH2 as 'Bogeymen' also. Is that what they are really called or are these guide writers just a bunch of noobs?
[img]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb319/yayoninja/skin.gif[/img]
In the Hall of Deranged Portraits I find myself...and there won't be enough left for them to bury.-SRX
secretsquirrely
Just Passing Through

Post by secretsquirrely »

SilentRacoonX wrote:In this damn guide I bought, they call him 'Bogeyman.' And they refer to the PH's in SH2 as 'Bogeymen' also. Is that what they are really called or are these guide writers just a bunch of noobs?
Both and neither. Pyramid Head is not an official name, but one we all gto form James in SH2. In that game he is officially called the "Red Pyramid Thing". In Homecoming his official title is "Bogeyman" due to a drawing from Joshua that refers to him as the Bogeyman. He is also called such in every official promotional item for the game. So his name just changes according to who is seeing him. I personally think he is Xilchulibara (spelling?), the Red God mentioned in SH3, but due to him never having a real name..it changes. So the guide is right, but PH is just common and easy to keep up with for fans.

Another case of the nam changing is in the film..Red Pyramid
[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/secretsquirrely/shforumsig.jpg[/img]
SilentRacoonX
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SilentRacoonX »

^ Thanks for the clarification :wink:
In the Hall of Deranged Portraits I find myself...and there won't be enough left for them to bury.-SRX
Screws
Just Passing Through

Post by Screws »

<<he also skewers that doc in the beginning.
he did? i thought that was a needler. ill have to look again.
SilentRacoonX
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SilentRacoonX »

^ I only remember PH 2wice.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

secretsquirrely wrote:
SilentRacoonX wrote:In this damn guide I bought, they call him 'Bogeyman.' And they refer to the PH's in SH2 as 'Bogeymen' also. Is that what they are really called or are these guide writers just a bunch of noobs?
Both and neither. Pyramid Head is not an official name, but one we all gto form James in SH2. In that game he is officially called the "Red Pyramid Thing". In Homecoming his official title is "Bogeyman" due to a drawing from Joshua that refers to him as the Bogeyman. He is also called such in every official promotional item for the game. So his name just changes according to who is seeing him. I personally think he is Xilchulibara (spelling?), the Red God mentioned in SH3, but due to him never having a real name..it changes. So the guide is right, but PH is just common and easy to keep up with for fans.

Another case of the nam changing is in the film..Red Pyramid
But when James examines the Great Knife, he says "It's the weapon of Pyramid Head."
secretsquirrely
Just Passing Through

Post by secretsquirrely »

Yes but that's where we all got it from. James refers to him as Pyramid Head, therefore fans picked it up as well. But it is stated in notes as "Red Pyramid Thing". James wouldn't know what it is called beyond what he sees..which is a Pyramid-Headed thing. It's just like the other creatures. I doubt Alex would know to call Joey the Sepulcher, or a Lurker anything more than "that thing with no legs and a big mouth"
[img]http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c99/secretsquirrely/shforumsig.jpg[/img]
SilentRacoonX
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SilentRacoonX »

Yea, I ultimately agree that he can be referenced as either, it really doesn't make a difference. He is an uber badass as it is no matter what we call him...lol.-SRX
Krysta
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Krysta »

secretsquirrely wrote:So his name just changes according to who is seeing him. I personally think he is Xilchulibara (spelling?), the Red God mentioned in SH3, but due to him never having a real name..it changes. So the guide is right, but PH is just common and easy to keep up with for fans.

that's absolutely wrong, do your homework m8
Sionnan
Gravedigger

Post by Sionnan »

Only having just started the game, but with a little background gathered from here and Holloway's place, I'd like to make the conjecture that maybe culturally, the idea of the executioner migrated along with the rest of Shepherd's Glen's beliefs. It probably got mixed out of the religion as it was refined, but I could imagine it becoming something more of an iconic/folklore-ish figure among the settlers. I could easily imagine parents spooking their children with the promise of the executioner coming to punish them if they misbehave.

Heck, it might have been something some of the kids grew up with in SG in modern times.

As an entity in and of itself in the game- given his appearance in Alex's beginning nightmare sequence, I'd say that he still hold's that place of punishing the guilty, like everyone's been saying. I'd also like to think he's there because the person themselves feel as if they deserve punishment, rather than Alex believing they need punishment. I imagine that most of them felt they had done something to deserve punishment.

His lurking along the seams of Alex's beginning nightmare was actually better executed than I had been expecting- almost as if Alex knew somewhere what he did, but not consciously enough to warrant a head-on collision with him.
SilentRacoonX
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SilentRacoonX »

Krysta wrote:
secretsquirrely wrote:So his name just changes according to who is seeing him. I personally think he is Xilchulibara (spelling?), the Red God mentioned in SH3, but due to him never having a real name..it changes. So the guide is right, but PH is just common and easy to keep up with for fans.

that's absolutely wrong, do your homework m8
Secret has a good point, don't denounce it cause you disagree. His opinion is just as valid as yours. His name is stated a few times and his true identity is never etched in stone, so all assumptions are valid.

And I did my homework so take your ignorant accusals elsewhere :)
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

You did your homework wrong then.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The r.p.t. ≠ Xuchilbara and Valtiel ≠ Lobsel Vith
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
shfreak235
Just Passing Through

Post by shfreak235 »

i not sure if i wanted to fight him but i sure wish they used the sh2 version instead of the movie one. :cry:
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Hell yeah, if we could fight him at a point it would be nice, but not "fight to the death". I mean, just a "friendly" duel or something.