Cheryl is Heather?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Jesus Fuck. Do people still use that argument? "It's Silent Hill lol. Anything is possible!!1one1"

Really. Something a little more concrete, please. I can give you 10 reasons right off the top of my head why not, so convince me "why".
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Reason one: His username is ShadowBaby. Need I say more?

NO they aren't the same person. There is a bajillion reasons why they aren't the same and basically the fact that they have the same names (Cheryl and Heather), is really the only thing that links them to each other.
ShadowBaby
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ShadowBaby »

It has been established that Shattered Memories is an alternate story and is not meant to be linked to the classic storyline. However, at the heart of the Silent Hill franchise is surealism; the very nature of which is up to interpretation. This means that every player can infer whatever connections they see.
I'm currently out in search of myself. If I happen come come back before I return, please ask me to wait for myself.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

ShadowBaby wrote:It has been established that Shattered Memories is an alternate story and is not meant to be linked to the classic storyline. However, at the heart of the Silent Hill franchise is surealism; the very nature of which is up to interpretation.
Yes, and no. Yes, part of the fun of Silent Hill is theorizing different ideas, but, no, there are some things which are fact, and no matter how surreal Silent Hill might seem to you or anyone else, actual facts are not up to interpretation, that's why they're called facts.
This means that every player can infer whatever connections they see.
to in·fer [in fúr]
(past and past participle in·ferred, present participle in·fer·ring, 3rd person present singular in·fers)
v
1. vti conclude something from reasoning: to come to a conclusion or form an opinion about something on the basis of evidence or reasoning

Encarta ® World English Dictionary ©
Again, nothing says you can't guess/theorize all day long, but you've given absolutely no evidence to back up your theories, and, generally, it's a good idea to do so. Especially considering all of the more factual things that contradict your belief that SHSM Cheryl and Heather Mason could be the same person.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

I'm amazed this argument is still going on. It is obvious that they aren't the same person. There is just so many things in the game which clearly say that Cheryl and Heather are not the same person.

1. Cheryl in SH1 was born from a split soul from Alessa, Cheryl in SHSM was biologically born for Dahlia and Harry
2. Cherly was 7 when the events of SH1 happened, in SHSM, Cherly is clearly in her late teens when the event occur.
3. The games are not in the same universe

I agree it's fun to theorise but not when people completely ignore the facts and make their own theories from nothing.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

Mr.FLOOT wrote:I agree it's fun to theorise but not when people completely ignore the facts and make their own theories from nothing.
Exactly. That's why this is still going on anyway, I guess, people going "Ok, ok, I know what the facts are, but what if..."

:roll:

Furthermore, if they really want to argue the possibility, I'd appreciate better reasoning than just, "Well, this is Silent Hill, lawl, anythingz possiblez"

:roll:
Shattered
Just Passing Through

Post by Shattered »

Or maybe Cheryl isn't deluded at all, but instead that Dr. K is convincing her that her father died in a car accident... it's the cult's doing!
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

That's more like it! Except, I think that perhaps the aliens and Mira are in cahoots with the cult. :o
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Mr.FLOOT wrote:I'm amazed this argument is still going on. It is obvious that they aren't the same person. There is just so many things in the game which clearly say that Cheryl and Heather are not the same person.

1. Cheryl in SH1 was born from a split soul from Alessa, Cheryl in SHSM was biologically born for Dahlia and Harry
2. Cherly was 7 when the events of SH1 happened, in SHSM, Cherly is clearly in her late teens when the event occur.
3. The games are not in the same universe

I agree it's fun to theorise but not when people completely ignore the facts and make their own theories from nothing.
Small correction: 25, not late teens. =P

I have very little problem with people making their own theories and disregarding factual information... if they recognize what the actual facts are and present it as more of a, "This would be interesting if it didn't contradict other points made" fashion.
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

Well, I don't believe Cheryl and Heather arethe same people... but here is how I could make it fit.

At one point in his life, Harry was in a serious car accident that affected Cheryl herself. At some point in their lives, both Harry and Heather came into close contact with Silent Hill. This could explain how she reasoned that they had LIVED in Silent Hill because that is the best capable option for Herry to still exist in some other place. Now, Harry died during the events of SH3, but if after that story was complete, Heather had a mental breakdown, she may have gone under some kinf of retrograde memory psychosis. She refuses to accept that her father died, so she creates this alternate realm in her mind where she is still a young girl and he is still alive, she chooses a time period in which she was happiest with him. The remainded of the game are constructs built by Heather, as Cheryl in order to try and deal with her fathers death in her earlier years.

Its stretching a bit, and I don't support it, but it's better than nothing. The only thing that makes it unable to fit is time period. After all, we know that the events of Garry Mason in the game are in a different Universe, it's in Cheryl;s head... but maybe Dr. K and Cheryl exist in the same Universe.

Probably not. haha
I don't make a signature.
Except for the part of the signature explaining that I don't.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
ShadowBaby
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ShadowBaby »

In SHSM, Cheryl Heather Mason is dealing with the death of her father which occurred when she was a child.
I'm currently out in search of myself. If I happen come come back before I return, please ask me to wait for myself.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

^ Most of us know that, that's why we were boggled when you said things like the following on the previous page:
ShadowBaby wrote:I think it's quite clear that Silent Hill can traverse space and time, so anything is possible. :)
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

ShadowBaby wrote:In SHSM, Cheryl Heather Mason is dealing with the death of her father which occurred when she was a child.
Well, that's what she tells us anyway, and she's the psychotic one. Couldn't the car crash be something she made up to more easily deal with the death of her father than had actually occurred? I mean, it makes a hell of a more sense that he died in a car crash rather than he was killed by a hulking monster, right? lol. There was a car crash at one time, but maybe that isn't what lead to his death... but her mind got screwed over so much from the events of SH3 that it was an easier way to deal. Still, probably not. lol
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
FiliusMartis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FiliusMartis »

Even if you want to say that Harry didn't die in a car accident because Cheryl presents the information, you can't deny that he's been dead for 18 years; Dr. Kaufman says as much. That alone makes it impossible to sync with Silent Hill 3.
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

lol. I got nothing. I just wanted to present the info. So, we're back to... Silent Hill can change space and time! It's so obvious! Why didn't we see it before?
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Except it can't. It's never demonstrated this ability.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

I wasn't serious. lol. I feel like I just got Descarted. God is good so he won't lie to you or trick you!
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

NeoAquarius12 wrote:I wasn't serious. lol. I feel like I just got Descarted. God is good so he won't lie to you or trick you!
Your humor makes me want to push children over while their parents aren't looking. : / Pretty much, your just throwing out complete nonsense to keep this thread going.
Dogg Thang
Just Passing Through

Post by Dogg Thang »

Of course, this all assumes Kaufmann is telling the truth. And... if you're trying to join SH1, 3 and SM, SH1 clearly establishes him as a dirty rotten liar...
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

And SH1 has him die so this can't be the same fucking Dr. Kauffman in the first place since the original wasn't a psychological therapist.

He must be telling the truth because he's the only character that gives us the truth. If we don't take what Dr. K takes seriously, then we don't have a story anymore, we just have a bunch of fucking incoherent sequences with no context to them.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]