Homecoming's Story *SPOILERS*

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

krakalackin
Gravedigger

Homecoming's Story *SPOILERS*

Post by krakalackin »

How does Homecoming's story relate to the rest of the story? Besides the fact you visit SH and that Shepherd's Glen's religion was started after the four families left SH's Order. I did a search on "homecoming story" didn't find anything. Just curious what others think.
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

Well.. Travis was there, Then Mary Shepard Sunderland (James' wife) could have come from the same family. Walter Sullivan, as it seems was meant to have a cameo (was scrapped) Alex Too had an otherworld, as well as all the rest of guilty characters. Even though one common otherworld was shared by most of them.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Travis was there
Well, good I guess? It's like, nothing happened. Travis only say 3 things: "Bad dream?" "Hometown?" and "Well, good luck soldier." Travis cameo doesn't influence anything on the story line. Some may say "But it was him that dropped Alex in the Glen" so what? Many truckers could've done the same thing :P
Then Mary Shepard Sunderland (James' wife) could have come from the same family.
Many thought about that (me too) but she's not related to Alex's family in any way. You see: "Shepard" is different than "Shepherd".
Walter Sullivan, as it seems was meant to have a cameo (was scrapped)
I'm curious. Where/when/how or why you heard this?
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

I've been reading the silent hill wiki a few minutes ago, from what i read there have been found voice files confirming this.

http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Silent ... Homecoming
Have a read in the Trivia bit (somewhere near the end of it)

Oh and apparently i made a typo with "Shapherd", you know after playing Mass effect for so long, "Shepard" is the way you hear it xD.
Catch22
Subway Guard

Post by Catch22 »

Walter cameo dialogue transcript:

"But some dialog hinting at a dropped plot element occurs from DCT100 to DCT128. "Okay. Do you want to tell me that story again?" "Do you want to play a game instead?" "Why don't you tell me what you think of when I show you these pictures? Okay? Just tell me whatever you think of." "Okay. How about this one?" "This one is your mommy also?" "Is this one your mommy too?" "Walterrr?" "Are you sure?" "Calm down, Walter. Calm dowwwn. This *is* your mommy." "Yes it is! This is your mommy. This one is only a door. See?" "What do you want to tell your mommy?" "Is your mommy sleeping, Walter?" "*choking* Orderly! Orderleeeee!" "Okay, Jack. Sorry to make you wait. I had to... oh! I see you've started the tape for me. How kind." "So, what do you want to talk about today?""

From http://chrisgally2.blogspot.com/2008/11 ... voice.html
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

^thanks for that
Looks intteresting!
Catch22
Subway Guard

Post by Catch22 »

Yeah, I thought that was neat. I wish they would have put that in the game, as well as other little Easter Eggs relating to the other games.
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

Yeah Seems like the game would have been pretty different with all this contetnt in it, might have even been with possible Co-op moments (played similar to ObsCure)
Sirea
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Sirea »

No, you pretty much got it. Homecoming is just another story about another sect of the Order.
"Remember how people look in "The Ring" after Samara gets 'em? SH2 does something similar, only you get fat, sweaty and belligerent." - pianotheme @ livejournal
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Awesome, thanks for these links guys. 8)