Scariest World

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

OnlyFiendsAlouded
Just Passing Through

Post by OnlyFiendsAlouded »

For me, ghosts and Walter appearing all the time actually made me stop being scared. I guess that recurring monsters or enemies don't agree with me. It's like Pyramid Head from SH2. Everyone talkes about how scary he was, but for me it's other stuff that is scary. In this game, I didn't scare much. I think I was more scared in the apartament when things start to happen, but only at the beggining, then I just got used to it. In Water Prision world, it scared the hell out of me the first "two baby heads" or whatever monster. The way it was looking at me really still, with one hand-leg up. Then it started runing, and I got really scared.
There are some other moments, like the deepest of the stairs, when it's getting really dark and there are creepy things like mannequins or babies shaking with a little of sexual content. I guess it wasn't that much scary, but really disturbing.
Anyways, the game is great, the story really delivers. I miss the old gamplay, but it's still a very good game.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

I found Walter more over amusing then scary during gameplay, I'd be startled when he'd show up and I didn't expect it but his AI is so glitchy that he just does the weirdest stuff.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

^Interesting. I remember you saying not so long ago about Walter like this: "OHMYGAWD THIS WALTER IS SO ANNOYING AND CREEPY, HE'S SO SCARY! HE'S THERE ALL THE TIME!111"
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

At first I did not enjoy his presence but now he's just plain amusing. His character design is what freaks me out, but his having more interest in moths then killing the last two victims was quite funny.
And Mephisto, you seem to enjoy attempting to start arguments on this sight from what I've seen of your other posts but that is not going to happen, I'm sorry ^^ By the way, I never recalled having all capitals and the inability to not use the explanation point.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.

Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Do I have to put a "joking" smile on everything? aitt and Aura for example never do this and you know they're joking. This "asshole" nickname really got stained within my username.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

I can never really tell, you always seem serious with all that you comment back. Oh well.

Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

That's Gotta be the 1st run through the Forest world, all i was ready to use was the bottle, and the forest seems big, i got lost a few times, and i had no idea what was coming, as well as the ghosts fraking scared the crap outta me, had me on the run the whole freaking time xD.
Speechless
Just Passing Through

Post by Speechless »

Definatly the Forest World - it just seemed so extra creepy compared to the other areas.

Having said that - I kind of thought Room 302 was creepy, even though it's the "safe haven" of the game, just the fact your trapped with chains on the door and theres a huge hole in the bathroom leading to screams and terror lol.
[img]http://i46.tinypic.com/o0vwxs.png[/img]
OnlyFiendsAlouded
Just Passing Through

Post by OnlyFiendsAlouded »

I was scared in "the room" because when weird stuff started to happen the second way around all the worlds, I thought it would stop being such a "safe haven", I thought something more would happen there hahaha. So I was really scared there the second way around.
There's a part in the game where you have to go in the bathroom to get something, and there's a monster coming out from a wall or something, but I didn't know. I jumped from my seat when I entered hah.
Also, in the bedroom where you appear every time you go back to the apartament, a ghost is coming out from a wall, and that wasn't the worse. I got scared with the thing, what made it really creepy was the voice saying over and over "I'm always watching". It really made it unsettling.
Sith_Dreamer
Just Passing Through

Post by Sith_Dreamer »

I gotta go with the Forest World as well. The first time I saw Baby-headed monsters, just standing still there, it scared the crap outta me. Plus running from Walter was nerve-wrecking.
"Once More the Sith Shall Rule the Galaxy!"- Palpatine
"Welcome to My Nightmare!"- Freddy Krueger
Francescabella
Just Passing Through

Post by Francescabella »

It's been years since the last time I played SH4, but if I remember correctly, the Apartment World (2nd time) freaked me out the most. And who could forget what Henry discovered in his apartment towards the final boss battle...
Skylerness
Just Passing Through

Post by Skylerness »

Definitely the Apartment World #2!
The whole place was creepy, especially the music and sounds. :shock:
What the hell?
mimee
Just Passing Through

Post by mimee »

mmm Id say the Woods and the subway - the hospital was well lid and just a few nurses and that was IT.. the only creepy thing in that place was that BIG face of Eileen in that room.. The rest was 'blahh'. Such a short place as well..
Brodie
Just Passing Through

Post by Brodie »

Apartment world Both Times Still gives me the Willes :?
Death is not the end my Friend
Lynch

Post by Lynch »

Radical Dreamer wrote:Sometimes coming back to the apartment was spooky. Not because of the hauntings, but just with how still and quiet it is.
I agree with you totally...i would say both trips to the water prison, or the subway...idk, i hated that grudge ghost thing on the second trip to the subway, or maybe the third...cant remember...
TerrorInTheDepthsOfThefog
Just Passing Through

Post by TerrorInTheDepthsOfThefog »

Apartment world. It was just small and cramped and you kept hearing all the noises as you do in most places its just how small the apartments in general were, then when Walter ambushed you in one of them.
i suppose music is my first and only love.
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

Both Apartment world were the scariest to me and Building World was the second scariest.
Joseph
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Joseph »

The one Jimmy ate.
Seriously though, none of the worlds was scary; they were all purely dull (I needed 3 weeks and a lot of courage-giving looks at the cover's title "Silent Hill" in order to finish the Subway world)
http://twitter.com/quieterworlds
Forget it, Jake. This is Chinatown.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

krakalackin wrote:Both Apartment world were the scariest to me and Building World was the second scariest.

I agree with this..apt world and bldg world both were high on the intensity and creepy level....i thought forest world was the weakest...it didn't even feel or look like a true forest environment...some potential was lost there.

I also thought henry's apt was incredibly intense too towards the later half of the game when it wasn't safe anymore.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

None of the worlds are particularly "scary" to me, but the hospital is unnerving, simply because it moves around. The rooms are never in the same order, so that instability is unnerving for me. I never know for sure what room I am going into so I am not prepared. It is also my favorite part of the entire game.