Homecoming overtaken by the Otherworld forever?

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Homecoming overtaken by the Otherworld forever?

Post by simeonalo »

Since Alex doesn't die in Homecoming, wouldn't that make the town be in it's Otherworld state forever? Unless you count the In Water ending as canon.
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

^or Hospital ending
but it could be that the fog and otherworld are indeed staying in Sheperds Glen, or at least for its inhabitants...
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

James didn't necessarily die at the end of SH2 either, and Harry didn't die in SH1, Nor Heather in 3. What's your point exactly?
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

SH4 and Origins spoiler......................
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Nor Henry in 4, neither Travis in Origins
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

Im assuming since the sacrifice of Alex is still alive (excluding the hospital ending) im guessing the god's still pissed at the town. So i'd say that the town would be all foggy and otherworldish.
^^
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

What a messed-up God. :mrgreen:
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

^Very much agreed.
^^
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

sumcaker wrote:
Im assuming since the sacrifice of Alex is still alive (excluding the hospital ending) im guessing the god's still pissed at the town. So i'd say that the town would be all foggy and otherworldish.
If that's the case
then the family lines all being ended kind of ties that up. None of the other families had surviving master at arms that we know of. Therefore Alex is but one of the problems confronting the town vs God. But if you realize the only reason the town was cast into the otherworld was because the founding families and their descendants believed it would be so, then the town's otherworld likely ceases to exist as soon as the last member who actually believes in the punishment is gone.
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

paladin181 wrote:
sumcaker wrote:
If that's the case
then the family lines all being ended kind of ties that up. None of the other families had surviving master at arms that we know of. Therefore Alex is but one of the problems confronting the town vs God. But if you realize the only reason the town was cast into the otherworld was because the founding families and their descendants believed it would be so, then the town's otherworld likely ceases to exist as soon as the last member who actually believes in the punishment is gone.
Well if thats the case then why in the Good ending of Homecoming is the town still shrouded in fog if the last person who believes in the punishment is dead?
^^
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Hey, I said likely. :P Besides, for all we know, it could just be the characters you see at the end of the game that are in the foggy town now.
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

Yeah, im sure that Alex and Elle are killed by Pyramid head (or the Bogeyman ._.) or something after the clip ends :mrgreen:
^^
FiliusMartis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FiliusMartis »

From what I understood, the New Order under Judge Holloway have been kidnapping and converting a good number of people. While you fight quite a few members in the lair there must be some non-combat-competent members still lurking around and holding onto their beliefs. Once they either come out of it or die the otherworld should dissipate.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Perhaps Alex himself comes to believe in it, since he's just spent the last few hours going through what he went through.

It's also a possibility that it will take a little bit of time for the mojo to fade. Real or not, the events of SH games can have an effect on the town. SH1, anyone?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Or maybe he has to leave the area being affected by the Otherworld like Harry Mason did in SH1 and James does in the Leave Ending. It's not just going to teleport him to the middle of a real-world street or anything, that doesn't seem to be the precedent.

From what I gather, even though the curse, or whatever, is broken, he's going to be in the Otherworld until he marches out of Shepherd's Glenn, and then it'll transition into reality seamlessly. Humans don't seem to notice dimensional shifts unless they're konked the fuck out.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

sumcaker wrote:
What I'm stating, unless the Hospital Ending is true.