SH 5: A Complete Disappointment

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

TheGhastlyGrinner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TheGhastlyGrinner »

^I agree with you completly. I loved re 1-2, but liked re4 for completly different reasons. I loved re 1-2 for the story and the monsters. But for 4, I enjoyed mostly just on the gameplay. All though homecomings's gameplay is different from the others , not to much though, I still found it enjoyable :P
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v617/oiupsoi/newshsig.jpg[/img]
The only thing Columbus discovered was that he was lost!

Xbox-GhastlyGrinner
Ps3- Ghastly_Grinner
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

Keep in mind as technology progresses change needs to occur. The main reason the older games were of a slower pace was probably because limits on technology of the time.

Jump ahead and a game like RE4 can be done and to me was a big step forward compared to the old games.

Technology breeds advancement in what a video game can and what it will be. 8)
ginjajacob
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by ginjajacob »

NothingLikeSleep wrote:
ginjajacob wrote:
NothingLikeSleep wrote: Oh because you've never had opinions on something prior to its release? If you don't like my opinions then don't read them. Grow some balls and attack my actual argument because everyone is guilty of what you are preaching.
What a stupid post. What is the point of having a strong opinion about something you know little about? Then you get aggressive with somebody who asks a perfectly valid question. Your argument is weak because it's based on neither knowledge nor experience. You have little or no clue how the combat will pan out in SM. I never have an opinion of something prior to release I merely speculate. There is a clear difference.

In my opinion the combat wasn't one of the key components that made silent hill 1 scary. In my opinion, it’s settings, sound, atmosphere and most importantly the fact people hadn't played anything too much like it. Another thing about Silent Hill is that you get all of these experiences and feelings while playing it. For you to have a comparative opinion including a game you haven’t played doesn’t really solidify any kind of argument does it.
That perfectly valid question has been asked a million times genius (to the point in which its treated as rhetorical). I can have all the opinions I want, and since you have a hard time dealing with that displays your own insecurities. Oh and sounds, environments etc also make a game scary- no shit. But we were talking about its relation to combat (stay on subject jackass). I've watched plenty of trailers, game play sneaks and read enough interviews to form an opinion already. Just as you have formed your opinion as to how you think this game will be. Quit being a hypocrite and understand that people do not have to think as you do and can form conclusions however they choose.
You can have an opinion, and it is clear you do. However, having an opinion on a game you have never played sounds a little stupid to me. "My own insecurities"???? what are you talking about, you don't even know me. I'm just on a forum dicussing a game I love. Because I disagree or think your opinion is stupid makes me insecure??? talking about other aspects inrelation to the combat is not going off topic. Regardless anybody can talk though behind a keyboard.
Caine
Just Passing Through

Post by Caine »

so many people here who just prove how brainwashed and narrowminded they are and just need some pile of shit to play and pay for it 50 bucks. yeah another step to mindless dummies in the world.

congratulations to the op! someone who understands what silent hill is about.

ah i got to the lair, wtf, is this a SAW game? lol i mean even the most narrow minded silent hill player should see at this point that this game is a total failure, but yeah you luv it dont you?
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Necropost FTL.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Caine wrote:so many people here who just prove how brainwashed and narrowminded they are and just need some pile of shit to play and pay for it 50 bucks. yeah another step to mindless dummies in the world.

ah i got to the lair, wtf, is this a SAW game? lol i mean even the most narrow minded silent hill player should see at this point that this game is a total failure, but yeah you luv it dont you?
I seriously have a problem with you. People have different tastes. You're one of those lunatics who thinks they're right and everybody else is 'brainwashed' or just dumb. Are you religious, by any chance? You can't go calling people narrow minded with your attitude. You're driving me insane, I was really enjoying posting on here until you came along, now I'm starting to feel like it's not worth visiting and listening to your crap.

It's a freaking video game dude, not a bible.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

PROTIP: Anyone who claims that the masses are brainwashed and narrowminded are usually actually elitist assholes with no actual sense of taste and are just parrot the opinions of people they think are "cultured" or "classy" until they become vapid pseudo-intellectuals.

See, we can make broad sweeping statements too, Caine. Cut it out.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Catch22
Subway Guard

Post by Catch22 »

Caine wrote:so many people here who just prove how brainwashed and narrowminded they are and just need some pile of shit to play and pay for it 50 bucks.
And yet you, in your infinite troll wisdom, bought the game too. Who's brainwashed and narrow-minded again?
ah i got to the lair, wtf, is this a SAW game?
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

AuraTwilight wrote:PROTIP: Anyone who claims that the masses are brainwashed and narrowminded are usually actually elitist assholes with no actual sense of taste and are just parrot the opinions of people they think are "cultured" or "classy" until they become vapid pseudo-intellectuals.

See, we can make broad sweeping statements too, Caine. Cut it out.
Haha, fantastic post! Quoted for truth.
SPRINGS02
Historical Society Historian
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

DistantJ wrote:
Caine wrote:so many people here who just prove how brainwashed and narrowminded they are and just need some pile of shit to play and pay for it 50 bucks. yeah another step to mindless dummies in the world.

I seriously have a problem with you. People have different tastes. You're one of those lunatics who thinks they're right and everybody else is 'brainwashed' or just dumb. Are you religious, by any chance? You can't go calling people narrow minded with your attitude. You're driving me insane, I was really enjoying posting on here until you came along, now I'm starting to feel like it's not worth visiting and listening to your crap.

It's a freaking video game dude, not a bible.
Distantj a little tip its best not to let what people say online get to you(especially trolls) just laugh at em' dude. I mean all this guys done so far is make himself look really really dumb. Don't take him seriously. 8)
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Are you religious by any chance?
WTH does that have to do with anything?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I think DistantJ is suggesting religious people are "narrow minded [sic]" due to Caine's posting habits.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Sort of, I meant the religious thing based on the fact that he's convinced that everybody is wrong or 'brainwashed' but him, ignoring the evidence and the input of others based on what he's decided to believe. Not implying anything about belief systems, and I don't wish to turn this into a discussion of that, that's for a whole different topic, and probably a whole different forum. No offense, just that when those kinds of discussion start they never end well.

Caine's posts indicate that he never played Silent Hill 1, 3 or 4... His complaints are about elements which featured in all of those games... All this talk about the subtle/meaningful is pretty much SH2 only. I mean go back and play SH1 and try and find how it's in any way more subdued or metaphoric than Homecoming, when you're fighting against a giant, winged, goat-headed demon.

If you want Silent Hill 2-2 then you should play Shattered Memories, not this.

SPRINGS02, thanks for your 'tip', lol. But yeah I shouldn't let this aggravate me really, it just frustrates me when people who dislike something feel the need to try and ruin it for everybody who enjoyed it, usually over the smallest of flaws which got to them. I'll probably leave it at that though as I remember how out of hand the Shadow of the Colossus movie thread got when I tried to defend us 'hollywood brainwashed types' who like simple popcorn flicks.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.