In to the woods

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

envy
Just Passing Through

In to the woods

Post by envy »

Now, I've searched through the forum and, while the topic of the shed in the woods does turn up, it tends to more about the larva-stalker or the echoes we find near by.

My question is ... did anyone else notice the pictures on the walls of the shed after the world turns to ice?

Now, I'll be the first to admit that my viewing of the Orion lodge is heavily influenced by the fact that I love horror (movies, books, games, you name it). But, in my first play-through, I figured that who ever owned that lodge, hunted more than just animals. The phone-call and sleeping bag aside, the whole cabin just seems to scream 'killers' to me.

The cabinet where you cannot touch anything. Open traps everywhere (not just the the hunting-cabin with the stuffed animals); the blood-splatters on the snow outside the shed;

the bloody jacket and purse; the bloody hand-print on the door; the pink something to the left of Cheryl / stalker; the large bloody drag-marks leading to the hole in the ground; the string of pictures on the icy wall of the shed.

Now, on my first play-through, I just bolted for the door when the ice came. But on the others, I stopped and looked at the wall to the right (looking from the door in to the room).

There's a string of pictures of women there - some taken from afar, but a few taken up close and the women seem to be screaming. None of the women look alike or look like Cheryl (some blond, some dark-haired - different faces).
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

I've always assumed that Cheryl was not the girl who got drowned/drunk. I thought Cheryl witnessed that, and possible dragged th body into the ice hole, explaining the Cheryl Shadow sitting there, possibly gazing down at the body in the hole.

There are pictures? You have got to show me, I want to see them :P
envy
Just Passing Through

Post by envy »

I took these with my phone - so, the quality is a little iffy.

There's a whole strings of these.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:

Spoiler-tags because of big pictures
X-rust

Post by X-rust »

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Oh....my....god....

Yea, okay, the guy who said there's nothing hidden in this game can retract their statement, I'm freaked the fuck out now.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

I'm fairly freaked out myself. Creepy polaroids.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
X-rust

Post by X-rust »

In fact, just a random photos:
Apocali
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Apocali »

It's stuff like this that kind of contradict pretty much the solid assumption that everything is in Cheryl's head. I mean if this indeed in Cheryl's head, where did she get it from?
SilentObserver
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentObserver »

Perhaps it's something like that guy Pickering - "hunting humans" in the woods. I am thinking of the comment about the "new girl" - at first I thought it was a party gone awry but this ... this changes that opinion. I never even saw any of that stuff! Nice find!
Only some of my posts are serious.
Yiyo-chan
Just Passing Through

Post by Yiyo-chan »

Ok, i saw the pics in my runs through the game, but never payed attention to what they were...
I'm disturbed now.
D:
Naissus
Just Passing Through

Post by Naissus »

So do you think that maybe this killer attacked the kids having the party?
[url=http://img4.imageshack.us/i/n64362072821124427438.jpg/][img]http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/9635/n64362072821124427438.jpg[/img][/url]
SilentObserver
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentObserver »

Possible, but (to me) this new information implies that there was no party to begin with, that the boys were taking girls out into the woods with the offer of a party, but instead it was a ruse to get them to the isolated cabin/lodge for torture and killin funtime ("mom --- i made a terrible mistake please come pick me up" )

Perhaps they are the same boys from the echo about the 'first kill' -- which would be even more ominous (he graduated from killing deer to people omg!!) :)
Only some of my posts are serious.
envy
Just Passing Through

Post by envy »

So do you think that maybe this killer attacked the kids having the party?
Ah, I hadn't thought of that.

I thought something more along the line of:

Teens have a party in the woods. A girl gets drugged and behaves erratically (either swimming or running about without clothes on). Girl falls asleep and everyone else goes home. Girl disappears or is found dead later - killed by who ever took those pictures.

Or, the echoes are unrelated to the shed and the shed's just the rumoured 'killing shed' of the town? The place kids will dare each other to go in to, and that's why it's in Cheryl's memories?

EDIT - SilentObserver's post makes more sense though. Didn't see that before I clicked submit.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

SilentObserver wrote:Possible, but (to me) this new information implies that there was no party to begin with, that the boys were taking girls out into the woods with the offer of a party, but instead it was a ruse to get them to the isolated cabin/lodge for torture and killin funtime ("mom --- i made a terrible mistake please come pick me up" )

Perhaps they are the same boys from the echo about the 'first kill' -- which would be even more ominous (he graduated from killing deer to people omg!!) :)
I think that's completely possible. Either that or it could be unrelated to Cheryl, just to try and illustrate that Silent Hill is still supernatural in this series.
Dogg Thang
Just Passing Through

Post by Dogg Thang »

Remember there is also a photo connection with what happens in the school. It's possible that the location of these photos is not as relevant as it might appear. Cheryl could have a fear of being found out, of being captured in a photo doing something she shouldn't. That in itself could simply represent a fear of Kaufmann uncovering the truth.

Images aren't always direct, especially in the ice world where we see a crashed plane, for example. Or the train crash. There's no indication that either happened to Cheryl but we do know that Harry was in a crash so they are a step removed from the reality of the situation. They are representations of fears breaking through rather than mere depictions of actual events.

Same could easily be true for these photographs.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Dogg brings up a good point. Can we get a comparison between the wood shed and High School photos?

But assuming their location is a connection, I'm going with the idea that there was a party, a girl (CHEROLL) got drugged and hopped up and super hyper and shit. She ended up tresspassing on the hunter's lodges, saw the animals and the kitchen and shit, maybe saw the kids stuck in the reservoir, and then her drugged mind either blew that out of proportion, or fabricated elements. For example, her altered state of consciousness might've connected the two events and led her to think that the father murdered his kids, or whatever.

Basically everything about the Woods episode can be explained by Cheryl getting high and getting the facts mixed up with fantasy, including fear of her own demise that got solidified as an entire false memory (or even a sort of "my innocence died that night" thing).
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
X-rust

Post by X-rust »

Can we get a comparison between the wood shed and High School photos?
Wood:

School:
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

My word, never seen those pics before, who knows what else is showing from the Ice World.
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

I thought the whole woods scene could perhaps be taken less literally. Nearly everything in that area could either be interpreted as a "rite of passage" sort of metaphor and/or loss of innocence: Joel "becoming a man" by killing the deer; a teen going into the woods for a party but it goes badly; the kid playing with his brother but the brother drowns, etc. I also cut and pasted my plot guide in another thread so I'll just put a link to it here, where I attempt to discuss this more in-depth. The game also has a lot of things that start off well and end badly. Even the woods itself, which is sort of confusing the first time through, could be a metaphor for being lost and feeling helpless and not in control of the situation. But I am tired and can't express myself well this morning...
They are representations of fears breaking through rather than mere depictions of actual events.
This.
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

Damn, I never saw those pics before, I also wonder what eles there could be in the ice world. :mrgreen:
^^