I played Silent Hill Arcarde last week

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

A script, images, endings, character and enemy breakdowns can be read here: http://silenthillheaven.com/main/sharcade
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

For anyone from Leeds in the UK who's interested in this game I just played it in the Bowling Alley behind Morrisons at the Merrion Center :P
I must say I was quite impressed with it, while it's obviously not as good as the other Silent Hill games, compared to other on-rails shooters it was great!
My supply fell through...
just a dead boy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by just a dead boy »

In the script on the main site for as far as I've read, it only shows th script for when jessie dies, but not for when she survives.
I don't really exactly remember it but I think it's like this:

(world goes back to normal)
(Tina kicks back fan)
Tina: <something> I can't stand it any longer! Jessie! Oh Jessie!
Jessie: <mumble>
Tina: Jessie!
(Tina helps Jessie sit up straight)
Jessie: I'm.. alive?
Tina: I'm so glad!

Then it continues from Eric saying they should go back to the motel

Also, after the battle with the split worm in the prison, after you've beaten the splitworm, the world will go back to normal, but there's some dialogue between the main characters and Ryan:

Ryan: <moan>
Emily: Ah!
Eric: Ryan!
(Ryan is lying on the ground)
Ryan: Man! What am I doing in such a filthy place!?
(Eric extends his hand to help Ryan)

3rd:

Tina: (covering her nose) It smells moldy.
Eric: And the smell of blood.
(Something comes up from behind the gravestone. Eric points his gun at it.)
Voice: Eric?
Eric: George?
George: Eric! I’m so glad! Please save-
(He is suddenly he thrown back.)

I think he actually says: "Better than the smell of blood"

4th:

Frank: But Emilie, your mommy is-
Emilie (interrupts): That’s not true.
Frank: Wait, no, I understand. Let me ask you again. Who’s your mother?
Emilie: Hannah.
(The screen whites out).

The actual question that is being asked is: What was your name again? And I think a 3rd person is present in this conversation. A doctor probably. I think he's the one that asks all the questions, not Frank.

5th:

In the mall Tina has a line just before the women's toilet that reads:
"I've never been to a shopping mall that I've wanted to leave so quickly."

6th:

Hannah: What is it?
Mother: Don’t you want to go out once in a while? How about tomorrow we go to Toluca Lake?
(The flashback ends.)

I think what's written here is right, yet, the mother also states that it's been a long time since they've been there, the Japanese subtitles actually also stated this. I'm sorry to say that I don't know the actual line though.

7th:

Mother (sweetly): Hannah? Hannah? Where are you?
Hannah: Mommy! (they embrace)
Mother: I’ve been looking for you.
Hannah:I’ve been looking for you too!
Voice: Wait!
(Hannah’s mother looks over her shoulder. The girl in her arms is no longer Hannah; it is Emilie. She too looks over. Tina and Eric rush towards them.)

In the version I played I think it's Emily all the time, not Hannah.

That's all, sorry, I don't want to seem like a smart-ass, these are just some things that I saw and wanted to point out. The rest is great though!
PeachySakura24 wrote:I still wish they would make a port of this already. I want to play it already! Thanks for the blow-by-blow, Dead Boy. :)
Welcome :)
Eventhough there's already a better version, I just felt like writing it. I didn't have access to any English subtitles though, so the actual lines were a bit of shot in the dark, having only read the Japanese subs, and let's be honest, an arcade isn't exactly quiet.

I haven't even voiced my opinion on this game :shock:

Let's do!

Okay, so I first played it somewhere around October last year and got to the part just after the first PH encounter. I was somewhat impressed despite the reused locations and enemies.

Then I found some more around this town during the course of this year. I've played at least 5 ones all scattered over Sapporo, but there's only one that actually seems to be working properly, so everytime I wanted to play it, I went there.
What makes it easier, is that guns are more responsive there, and you always start with 120 health points instead of 100 like all the others had.

The story is barely there, but it's just an arcade shooter, so it isn't something that's really important, but it was fun enough to keep one interested.

Graphics were also really nice despite reused. Most of the reused enemies had new attack patterns that they didn't have before in their original game. Take for example the numb bodies: In SH3 they barely posed a threat to Heather, but in the Arcade, they jump at you and bash you, they fall on you from a higher floor, and they can throw acid at you.

Locations were also somewhat reused, but the makers of the game did choose to have some of the better locations in the game which is a good thing. Otherworlds are also creepy enough.

Monster's Sounds are good enough, can't remember much music but for some recycled music from SH2.

Funfactor is rainbow high! It's fast-paced and just fun! I've finsihed it already like 5 times, but it stays fun imo. It's nothing serious, just an arcade game, but just seeing well-known SH monsters and locations in there, makes it just a bit more fun.
[img]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8130/sigshhpv4.jpg[/img]
just a dead boy
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by just a dead boy »

I'm terribly sorry to double post, but I wanted to bring some attention to my last post edit.
[img]http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8130/sigshhpv4.jpg[/img]
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

I think that the arcade game was awesome, i got the high score in my town :P
I liked the design of the gun that you hold when you play and the graphics were much better than i expected and I also liked how you could get extra points for say, shooting all the bats in a room.I believe the game to be one of the best on-rail shooters I have ever played.

I also enjoy it as this silent hill also has a toilet gag in it :P
^^
Henderson
Just Passing Through

Post by Henderson »

Silent Hill Arcade is only available in Japan?
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

^ Nope. It's available across the US and Europe - you just have to look hard.

btw, it's available at the Eastbound (i.e. towards London) Reading services on the M4!
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Henderson
Just Passing Through

Post by Henderson »

Thanks.
liquidus118
Just Passing Through

Post by liquidus118 »

I enjoyed revisiting all the familiar places but was annoyed that they went with SH Movie PH and not SH2 PH, and the otherworld transitions happened way too often.
But I quite liked it overall.
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

Man, I bet there's no machines in my state. =/ Is there some sort of locator at all, or do you have to physically search for it?
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

I didnt even know there was a silent hill arcade game when I found it, so I was lucky.

Though I would have to think that you would just have to be lucky and find it physically
^^
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

I played it.
I actually found the story to be very interesting.
Walter8719
Just Passing Through

Post by Walter8719 »

I played it at London..I love SH Arcade!! :D
These are my photos:

Image Image
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

^Did ya finish it?

If so what ending did ya get? :mrgreen:
^^
Walter8719
Just Passing Through

Post by Walter8719 »

No, I died in a level of SH3 (Shopping Center) :lol:
[b]MY SURVIVAL HORROR COLLECTION[/b]
[url]http://mysilenthillcollection.webs.com[/url]
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

Damn, thats a shame.
But on the bright side I guess, you didn't spend loads of money trying to finish it like I did. :mrgreen:
^^
REDGRAVE65
Just Passing Through

Post by REDGRAVE65 »

Why is pyramid head even in this game? :?:
Anyone ever wonder how nice the real version of Silent Hill is?
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

Well, seeing as its a figure that everyone thats heard of Silent Hill can recognise, and he can't die. I would say to make a pretty convincing boss character in the game.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
And if ya wanna take it really too far, you could say he has something to do with the guilt of the little girl drowning and making them realize the truth or putting them on the the right path. Or something like that.
But I seriously doubt it seeing as its an arcade game and a ORS.
^^
SilentScreamer92
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentScreamer92 »

goodness i want to play that so badly XD i'd even abandon my antisocial behavior just to play it. too bad its not available here :(
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

I have a question for the people who have played the game. Can someone tell me or point me in the direction of a website that tells me the location of all the U.F.O's in the game so I can try and get it the next time I play it?
^^