Final encounter with Cybil

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Final encounter with Cybil

Post by simeonalo »

During one of the final cutscenes with Cybil, she either says that she is going to hand in her badge, or she is going to stick to her gun, there may be more, but these are the only ones I've received. Does anybody know what effects the outcome of what she says?
Last edited by simeonalo on 17 May 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Roorii
Just Passing Through

Post by Roorii »

I think it's just an different interpretation of her personality. I've had her say "hand in my badge" when she was wearing the buttoned down clothes, and I don't think she even mentioned anything when she had the short hair and jacket.
[ [b][url=http://roorii.deviantart.com/]DeviantART[/url][/b] | [b][url=http://www.youtube.com/user/RoryMcHugo/]Youtube[/url][/b] ]
MapDark
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MapDark »

I have had "hand in my badge" with The Olivia Benson Cybil AND the sexy one.

So I guess that in both cases something must have triggered it.

To think of it , I often ignored her calls.
Heather Mason , the only girl who will face deadly danger
by going to the mall for hair bleach !!

[img]http://furnation.com/mapdark/maplick.gif[/img]
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

I heard her say "stick to my gut" which makes a bit more sense in context. I wasn't playing with subtitles though, so I'm not entirely sure. Perhaps you thought she said "gun" because the camera was focused on her gun as she put it away. I dunno.

By the way, I got that line with Cleavage Cop Cybil, and haven't yet gotten the "hand in my badge" line. I called Cybil back fairly often in my game, if that makes a difference.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I heard her say "stick it in my butt" but all I could do with the flashlight was shine it on her.
MapDark
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MapDark »

mouse wrote:I heard her say "stick it in my butt" but all I could do with the flashlight was shine it on her.

And the award for "joke a twelve years old would say" is...
Heather Mason , the only girl who will face deadly danger
by going to the mall for hair bleach !!

[img]http://furnation.com/mapdark/maplick.gif[/img]
JiGoKuShOuJiN
Just Passing Through

Post by JiGoKuShOuJiN »

All of my 3 playthroughs had "hand in my gun tomorrow" in it.
Calamity

Post by Calamity »

I had Stripper Cop Cybil say "Stick to my gun..." so far, and that's it. I called her a few times throughout the game, if that has any bearing on anything
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I've had both; the first few playthroughs (Love Lost, mainly) I got "hand in my badge"... but then later on I got "stick to my gut", especially with the other endings.
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

She said "stick to my guns" as she was putting her gun back in her holster on my playthrough, she was wearing the greenish jacket and had short brown hair. I got the "Drunk Dad" ending, so I guess it changes with what ending you're about to see.
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

If it is "mean" Cybil, she usually turns in her gun. If it is nice Cybil, she sticks to her gut. The way you can tell if it is "nice" or "mean" Cybil is in the Cafe:

"Need help de-thawing your windshield?"= Mean Cybil.
"Not a good night to be out and about."= Nice Cybil.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Harrys_Girl wrote:If it is "mean" Cybil, she usually turns in her gun. If it is nice Cybil, she sticks to her gut. The way you can tell if it is "nice" or "mean" Cybil is in the Cafe:

"Need help de-thawing your windshield?"= Mean Cybil.
"Not a good night to be out and about."= Nice Cybil.
I don't think that's necessarily true. The first time I played, I had the nice Cybil, but she turned in her gun. I think there's much more at work than simply which version you get, not to mention that the changes only really affect your first meeting with her.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Yeah, through the game you can change her personality, but is doesn't always happen. I was saying more as a rule of thumb, it usually happens that way.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

The first time I played, I had mean/sexy Cybil about to get the family based ending and she turned in her gun. Second time I played, she was wearing all black and nice, about to get the sleaze and sirens ending... She turned in her gun and badge. Then, the last time I played, I got the long-sleeved uniorm and nice Cybil, about to get the sleaze and sirens ending again but this time she kept her gun and badge. I finished a playthrough today where I had nice sexy Cybil about to get Wicked and Weak and she turned in her badge. Looks as though this game is more complex than we thought :?