SH1 NTSC vs PAL

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

AlexShepherd555

SH1 NTSC vs PAL

Post by AlexShepherd555 »

Alright this question has probably been asked before but you all know that the European version censored out all of the gray children/monsters - the ones with knives that stab you and grab you. Anyways I was wondering they were replaced with the small bear looking monsters with claws (mumblers?) are the mumblers tougher than the gray children? What is the difference? Also why did they put the stupid PAL version in the European stores and not the NTSC/USA version as the PSP is region free? I started playing my downloaded copy of SH1 on my PSP from the PSN store and noticed no gray children I was angry >.<
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

I don't think those teddy bear creatures are tougher than the Grey Children. They were only replaced and all.

But thank God I have the NTSC and uncensored copy. :P
AlexShepherd555

Post by AlexShepherd555 »

Meh I am jealous lol. Is there anyway someone can sell me a PSP memory card with the NTSC version of Silent Hill? (Probably not but it's worth a try lol)
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

So you downloaded the PAL version from the European PSN store?

Don't feel to bad about having the censored version, you may be missing out on the grey children, but you get to read a newspaper article near the end of the game that doesn't exist in the NTSC version. Other than those things, I don't think there are any other differences...
SHF

Post by SHF »

what does the article say?
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
AirborneSFSoldier

Post by AirborneSFSoldier »

I'll play through the game and post it up later I have an NTSC and a PAL copy. Unless someone beats me to it.
kumiko
Gravedigger

Post by kumiko »

Ryoshockwave wrote:So you downloaded the PAL version from the European PSN store?

Don't feel to bad about having the censored version, you may be missing out on the grey children, but you get to read a newspaper article near the end of the game that doesn't exist in the NTSC version. Other than those things, I don't think there are any other differences...
only problem with that is the Euro PSN store took SH1 off after a day when it was released

also NTSC SH1 PSN does not work on PAL PSPs without hacking I've tried and failed :(

But I agree with Ryo there difference are very little but then again some like those small things
Youma Taisan!
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

helldescent wrote:what does the article say?

Article:
Fire broke out in town.
6 homes destroyed.
Charred body of Alessa Gillespie (7) found in aftermath.
Cause of fire currently under investigation.
Investigations show source as basement of Gillespie home. Blaze now believed caused by malfunction of antiquated boiler.

Harry:
The date of this article on the fire, it's the same day that we found Cheryl.

Also, my mistake, after finding this picture, it looks more like a book than a newspaper. Though, I'm not sure why information like that would be in book form...
kumiko wrote: only problem with that is the Euro PSN store took SH1 off after a day when it was released
That's what I thought, as well, since you enlightened me about that in one of my old threads. So it's not back up or anything, then? Darn...
kumiko
Gravedigger

Post by kumiko »

nope whoever runs the Euro PSN store has refused to acknowledge anything requests for infomration as to when or if it will be back up. From what I've read on some PSP and the PSN forum itself it looks like forseeable future
Youma Taisan!
Haoie
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Haoie »

It's so irritating that censorship for games still exists, in this day and age!
If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Ryoshockwave wrote: Also, my mistake, after finding this picture, it looks more like a book than a newspaper. Though, I'm not sure why information like that would be in book form...
Somebody's scrapbook, maybe?
SpaceProg
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SpaceProg »

Yeah, if you look close, it kinda appears like they're cut-outs pasted onto a page. I'm thinking it's a scrapbook as well.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Haoie wrote:It's so irritating that censorship for games still exists, in this day and age!
It's always going to be like that. Manhunt 2 is an example, even today, people won't accept certain violent parts of video games.

It was very extreme in Silent Hill 1's days, where violence was almost never seen aside from Mario and squishing creatures. Shooting children probably took it above the limit, in my opinion.

If censorship didn't exist, we would have jiggly boob Silent Hill nurses in Homecoming, with their nipples showing. That would be awesome, but too bad :)
SpaceProg
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SpaceProg »

You mean they DON'T have jiggly nipply boobs in SHH? Bollocks and buggerdamn. What's the point of getting it then?
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

LMAO two times

well they jiggle lol

also u can see nipples on scarlet

and the final boss if that makes it up to you lol