Boobies

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

Thanatos wrote:Sorry, but I have to admit that I don`t know what "Sex pistols" means. Please enlighten me.
here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeP220xx7Bs
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Droo wrote:
AuraTwilight wrote:Yea, Sid and Nancy have pretty much taken the role of the modern Romeo and Juliet, both being "romances" where people fail to realize that the couplings were disastrously destructive, unhealthy, and ultimately soulless.
Don't forget Twilight!
You could say that, but Sid and Nancy was a waste of human life. Twilight is merely a waste of human... er... "talent."

:?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Oh no, it's a waste of human life. It's that bad.

I heard the new book she's writing is going to be bound in human skin and bone with blood ink, and with each page turn you can hear the screams of the damned.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Stephenie Meyer is going to write The Tome of Eternal Darkness?
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Didn't she already do that with Breaking Dawn?

Incidentally, I maintain that I will direct that movie for room and board, no salary. I want to direct a movie adaptation of Breaking Dawn. Armed with Silent Hill, Cronenberg, and Nabokov, I will make it the most memorable movie of the decade.
Droo

Post by Droo »

alone in the town wrote:Stephenie Meyer is going to write The Tome of Eternal Darkness?
She'd find a way to make that glitter, too.

Remarkable feat, really, to make things sparkle in the absense of light.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

That does sound sufficiently eldritch, admittedly.

"Sparkling with an inhuman power in absolute darkness, warning frail mortals of the sanity-flaying pages within. This tome is not my story, nor is it the story of the Cullen family. It is the story...of mediocrity."
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

We're way off topic here now, but I really don't see what is so bad about Twilight. I mean, it's not really good by any means, but I don't really think it is horribly bad either. It's nothing new. People have been writing similar stories for years, both better and worse than Twilight. I don't understand why Twilight got so popular, but at the same time I don't understand why people that don't like it act like Meyer killed your family.

Honestly the non-stop ranting about how horrible it is everywhere I go on the Internet has lasted twice as long as the actual popularity of the series. Most of it's fans have moved on, and only a few movie-only campers are still heavy into it. Can't, as a society, we move on and find something new to yell at people about liking, insisting they stop having fun?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Have you read the books, Shiki?
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

Not all the way through. I've read half of the first one and most of the third one, as well as seeing the two movies. My sister was a fan of them, so I started reading the first book after we saw the first movie and she told me the book was better, and I read the third one after she told me it was the best of them and the ending of the second movie left me slightly interested in what happened next.

Like I said, I don't really find them to be good, but they aren't really that bad either. At the very least, I have read much worse that people don't seem to hate nearly as much. I think people only hate Twilight so much because it got popular with teenagers, and hating fads is as much as a fad as liking the fad.

I'm not saying that there are not people who legitimately hate the series, and they have a right to dislike something and express their opinions. But the number of people who won't let it go to the extent they bash the series, it's more than just some books not being to someone's tastes.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

NanayaShiki wrote:Not all the way through. I've read half of the first one and most of the third one, as well as seeing the two movies. My sister was a fan of them, so I started reading the first book after we saw the first movie and she told me the book was better, and I read the third one after she told me it was the best of them and the ending of the second movie left me slightly interested in what happened next.

Like I said, I don't really find them to be good, but they aren't really that bad either. At the very least, I have read much worse that people don't seem to hate nearly as much. I think people only hate Twilight so much because it got popular with teenagers, and hating fads is as much as a fad as liking the fad.

I'm not saying that there are not people who legitimately hate the series, and they have a right to dislike something and express their opinions. But the number of people who won't let it go to the extent they bash the series, it's more than just some books not being to someone's tastes.
I'm inclined to agree completely with this. In the words of a friend, it's literary junk food: not particularly good, but can be a fun read if you are so inclined. I enjoyed the books, though I recognize they're not the best--or the worst--thing out there.