----------

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

Its an investigation mode. Youre dormant while in it though. And the details arent bad, at least for the xbox.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Aldo
Just Passing Through

Post by Aldo »

I had a heckeva time with this game when I first got it, gave up on it too. Only to return to it years later thanks to this board and I gave it another chance. I'm glad I did...once you figure out the combat and what tactics to use on what monsters, the game becomes pretty easy. The boss fights could have been more balanced though, the first boss fight is a cake walk once you discover the strategy. To this day I still have trouble with the second boss, but the third boss and final boss are ridiculously easy.
One more soul to the call, for all, in silence...
Comes two more souls to the call, for all, and in time!
Three more more souls to the call, they fall...
Unknowing that four more souls to the call, won't be all, and you know it!
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

The last boss is simplified by the fact that you get a shit ton of ammo in the last few rooms. And Asphyxia I think takes damage from the quick time events. My main issue with the second and last boss fights: Alex doessn't get a hilarious line at the beginning of them like he does with the first and third. Also, what the hell happened to Wheeler after the asphyxia fight? It sounds like he's getting torn to pieces, and then you randomly find him the lair. WTF.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

SPRINGS02 wrote: Comic relief characters don't belong in silent hill.
Here we go again with the wheeler crap....

Who are you to say what "belongs" in Silent Hill and what doesn't?
revalations 23:16
Dante
Just Passing Through

Post by Dante »

I didn´t like this SH at all.

The story very predictable with the Order´s subject,but Alex´s trauma was worth it.

They improved the fight like RE 5 but what really bothered me was to be forced to fight almost every monster on my way because Alex doesn´t know how to run faster from the enemies.

But well,it´s not that bad.
Give it a try. :roll:

PD: I liked Wheeler, he was really funny. XD
[img]http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/811/renadelusions.jpg[/img]
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

SHACKled89451 wrote:

Its called my opinion. :P Why do you sound so upset?
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

SHACKled89451 wrote:

Well that's called my opinion :P Why do you sound so upset? But if you want me to explain, I just think that he felt out of place and corny. I mean it's hard to take the game and it's monsters seriously when Wheelers blasting them away easily while saying corny lines like "you cuff him i'll read him his rights" that kind of crap takes away from the atmosphere. He felt like he should of been in a resident evil game.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

First, double posting. Second, that could be construed as derogatory towards RE, which is a pretty good series, 5 included.
Laxamentum
Just Passing Through

Re: I am about to give Homecoming another try

Post by Laxamentum »

ultimadream wrote:I had Silent Hill: Homecoming before for the PS3, i could not stand it, i found the graphics to be worse than Silent Hill 3 (not that SH3 is bad, SH5 should not be comaprable.). and the combat system was very sluggish.

I saw Homecoming for sale for £10 yesterday, so needless to say i was tempted to try it again, my question to thoughs who have no dooubt played it by now... is it worth playing through, is the story enjoyable?

I remember when they showed the first images of SH5 it looked phenominal, but then later it just looked heavily downgraded, does anyone know the reason for that?
I'm sure you will be able to enjoy something! Go at it with an open mind! But please try and enjoy!
It's a damn shame the way people mistreat such nice things...
-Curtis
SPRINGS02

Post by SPRINGS02 »

KiramidHead wrote:First, double posting. Second, that could be construed as derogatory towards RE, which is a pretty good series, 5 included.
Yeah i didn't mean to double post, and i actually love the resident evil series but it is more action oriented and it's not known for being as scary. I have resident evil 5 it's a pretty good game.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Yeah, I'm playing 5 now. Good game, but a few WTF moments like the extreme makeover remark.
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

Its called my opinion. Why do you sound so upset?
I'm not upset, I'm just saying I've heard the Wheeler complaints before, and seriously, he wasn't that bad. And if you did happen to enjoy Homecoming, then wheeler's small presence in the game certainly shouldn't have ruined it for you...
revalations 23:16
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

^Wheeler actually enhanced my experience, as he actually killed two needlers for me.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Don't forget the Schisms and that Siam.

Wheeler rules.
SPRINGS02

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Yeah see that's the thing I don't want some invincible cop that isn't even afraid of any of the monsters killing everything for me with ease it detracts so much from the atmosphere.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Give the cop a brake. . .

Eileen did the same thing and I don't see anyone bitching about her. . .
SPRINGS02

Post by SPRINGS02 »

^No she didn't Eileen was almost useless and really just slowed you down, she was hardly close to being an invincible cop considering that her attacks didn't really do shit and she could get possessed and attack Henry.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Yes. Her main "goal" was to slow you down and all but she really wasn't afraid of any of the monsters and attacked'em, just like Wheeler.
SPRINGS02

Post by SPRINGS02 »

^I don't know she didn't really seem afraid, she was more blank like Henry, Wheeler on the other hands all like YEAH LETS KICK SOME MONSTER ASS!(I know he never actually said this but he acted like this)
Nyarlathotep
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nyarlathotep »

SPRINGS02 wrote:^I don't know she didn't really seem afraid, she was more blank like Henry, Wheeler on the other hands all like YEAH LETS KICK SOME MONSTER ASS!(I know he never actually said this but he acted like this)
When? When does he act anything like this?

Also, he is such a small part of the game. You act as if he is constantly following you and killing monsters left and right. There are only three enemy encounters in the entire game where he actually fights.
Last edited by Nyarlathotep on 15 May 2010, edited 1 time in total.