Henry Haunting?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

I believe it would be on the back of his head, though I am, of course, stretching this a bit. The "knowledge" of his knowing what Walter was up to could have had 21/21 carved onto the back of his skull. The same with the eye gouging.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

AuraTwilight wrote:Probably on his back or stomach, like with roughly half of the Sacraments.
I disagree, my belief would be either the neck or arms because the Sacraments numbers all in different places.
Walter: Feet
Cynthia: Upper Breast
Jasper: Middle of Chest
Andrew: Stomach
Richard: Forehead
Eileen: Back
The reports don't state where the 10 Hearts and first section of Themed Sacraments numbers were, but when it came to the more 'important' Sacraments, there seems to be particular places they would be in. In my opinion it would be either hands, arms, or neck.
They probably wouldn't be able to find the 21/21 since his body was too messed up, but it has to be somewhere on his body since ever single Sacrament had it.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

The reports don't state where the 10 Hearts and first section of Themed Sacraments numbers were
If my memory doesn't fail on me right now. . . according to Translated Memories the numbers were found on the victim's chests.

And while we're at it. . . Why do you think the numbers would fit damn well in Henry's hands, arms or neck? I'm curious to know.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

It's not like the size of the numbers mattered.
After all, they way Walter did it for himself was the numbers were carved into both his feet to complete it. There's one thing, both of his hands. The arm has enough room for numbers to be cut downwards, and the neck has a perfect amount of room to have numbers cut into it, example from my costume as Henry:
My neck in real life scale is more then likely smaller than his since he is a full grown male.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.

Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

When I used the word "fit" I wasn't talking about size. Guess I shoulda specify that next time, huh. My bad.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

Yes, they're the same when it comes to that. And I gave examples of how they would fit. And they all don't need to fit on one part as I explained, as I said, Walter had his completed on both his feet.

Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

What I meant to say in the first place was: Why do you think the numbers would be written in Henry's arms/neck/hands and not somewhere else? I wanted to read a theory (if you have any) about why you think these would be the places that Walter would choose. 'Cause it seems that Walter picked some of the places because of the meaning of the persons (according to the ritual, and according to himself).

For example: Cynthia was "Temptation". What tempts a man? Physical beauty. He craved the numbers in her chest, close to the breast. Get my point?

Andrew was "Watchfulness" but he was also a pig. When you think about the word "pig" one of the first words that come in your head are "fat", no? Stomach is the main reason of why people are fat. He craved the numbers on Andrew's belly.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

But what would Chaos and Mother have to do with forehead and back?
You make a very good point over Andrew and Cynthia, there's match but I cannot think of anything that would count towards there placements.
I cannot think of any actual theories other then how Walter seemed to be placing the numbers in certain places with the last and himself.

Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

But what would Chaos and Mother have to do with forehead and back?
We already discussed "Chaos" way before and you were the one to offer a good explanation about it if I'm not wrong, remember?

It had something to do with Richard being a man with a hot temper, always angry and furious at everyone and everything. What would be the perfect place to portrait chaos in a person that is such a walking war? The head, of course.

Also, don't forget that Richard's meaning (now I don't know if that's true, I read somewhere) had to do with the Sun Tarot Card. Walter picked his victims with such a way that the meanings of every scripture would fit damn well into'em. He never picked any random person.

Anwyay: What's so hot? The sun. But what the Sun Tarot Card represents? According to Wikipedia (that was the only source that I had on me right now) the card means this:
Some frequent keywords used by tarot readers are:

Optimism---Expansion---Being radiant---Positive feelings
Enlightenment---Vitality---Innocence---Non-criticism
Assurance---Energy---Personal power---Happiness
Splendor---Brilliance---Joy ---Enthusiasm
But what happens if the card gets shown in the upside down position? It would revert every positive meaning. Some of these "keywords" when in the negative form, really matches with Richard imo.

And according to Eileen: Well, she was the "Mother Reborn". The babies come from the mother's womb, they grow in the utero and in the belly. Since Eileen's the "reborn" form of a mother, Walter may have thought something like that another type of son would be born? A son that can't be born like the human ones. A son that is born in a different place; perhaps in his twisted mind he thought about the back for a reason that I'm trying to come up with it right now but I'm probably talkin' bullshit.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

I do not remember being part of the Chaos discussion but both your examples are absolutely reasonable. The Eileen one isn't bullshit, I think it's perfectly understandable for it to be the opposite side of the stomach, but when it comes to Henry being the "Receiver of Wisdom" there isn't much to consider.
I could be morbid like I normally am and point out that the Haunting (In my personal it is meant to represent Henry after the 21 Sacraments is successful since each spirit has its own design) has its eyes gouged out, but to carve the numbers into his eyes would be... Well, I dunno, not much sense since the ones who found Henry's body wouldn't be able to see the numbers. But that contradicts my own statement of his body being to disfigured in the first place....

Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

but when it comes to Henry being the "Receiver of Wisdom" there isn't much to consider.
Exactly. But I think paladin's and simeonalo's theories are kinda interesting.

EDIT: Heh. Poor Jasper, we forgot to talk about him. But that's like a given. . .

Jasper meaning was "Source" and it had a baby in the plate. . . Baby = life. What is the source of life? Some may say that it's the soul, others will say that's it's the heart. The numbers were craved in his upper chest, the place where the heart lies.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

I thought about it after I posted it, but didn't...
They do have extremely good points, especially the back of the head factor.

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>It had something to do with Richard being a man with a hot temper
One might call Richard "hot-headed."
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^One of the nicknames for the name Richard is "dick". . . Heh, I think I see what you did there :P
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

^
Have to concur there.

Spikeyroxas
Just Passing Through

Post by Spikeyroxas »

Im in my first playthrough and i just got this haunting! I got a recording of it too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yRoJBad ... tube_gdata
i cant see 21121 on his neck like the picture a couple posts back though...
My gallery:
http://m.imgur.com/account/Spikeyroxas/images

Youtube:
Spikeyroxas
Kaiza Killa
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Kaiza Killa »

Catch22 wrote:He'd be even more emotionless than he already is.

"I am a haunting. I wasn't a haunting before. Interesting."
You beat me to it. 8)

H+
"Everything above your neck's going to be a fine red mist" - Sniper (Team Fortress 2).
SethSunderland
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SethSunderland »

>i cant see 21121 on his neck like the picture a couple posts back though...

I believe that was a photo someone took of themselves.

Didn't Jasper carve the numbers on himself with the candlestick? Or am I mistaken. I haven't seen the cutscene in years. ._.
[img]http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5484/sethsunderlandnewdigjr5.jpg[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, he didn't.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

He's just tracing over the numbers, you can see they're already there (Carved in pretty deep) when Henry get's there...And than locked in with him...