Scripture at the beginning

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Scripture at the beginning

Post by carneeval »

(Only read if you have completed the game)

Now, at the beginning of the game, as we all know, when looking around room 302 there's a scripture (Or perhaps not since the person seems obsessed with 'Our Lord') and it writes about the dimension or 'world' that Walter creates through the Holy Assumption.
At one point it says "It is important to travel lightly in that world. He who carries too heavy a burden will regret it"
I've read different statements randomly on forums where people mention that this is one of the excuses for the makers not to give us a larger inventory.
When playing this game for the many a time for a friend I realized this: Henry out of all the characters isn't just the most innocent in a way but has had the most 'unburdened' life.
He states that his childhood wasn't a sentimental time for him but as he doesn't go any further into it, so it must have not been too big of a deal. Plus, estimating the time he was born since Silent Hill 4 is suppose to take place the year the game was made, 2004, laws weren't as tight on abuse.
Going on from that, in the Scriptures for the 21 Sacraments the Mother Reborn and Receiver of Wisdom were the only two in the Sacraments who are gender specific. "She who is the Mother Reborn and he who is the Receiver of Wisdom"
The point that I'm trying to make is not that Henry had to be the Receiver of Wisdom but someone with his sort of...'Scuse the bad pun but 'Qualifications'.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

The only qualification for being the Receiver is Wisdom is living in Room 302 after Joseph.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

The whole point of mine putting that up was of that Scripture stating to the one reading it was not to carry to heavy a burden. Unlike the rest of the SH characters Henry did not.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.

AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

...Well, and Harry Mason.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Very interesting...thanks for sharing.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

Harry Mason indeed did have a burden. In his past the woman he loved and him found a child at the side of the road and began raising her, but she died from a disease and all he had left was this little girl who he loved with all his heart.
Who happened to be the incarnation of the good from someone whom was suppose to birth god and Cheryl is supposed to be used for this.
I'd say that's a lot to carry.

AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, but he didn't KNOW most of that shit, so it's not really his burden until way later. In the beginning, his only burden is "Where's my daughter?"

And if we're going to go that route, Henry has one of the biggest burdens of any other character, since he has to shoulder the responsibility of Eileen's safety while stopping Walter so he doesn't summon God and end the world.
Spikeyroxas
Just Passing Through

Post by Spikeyroxas »

Travel lightly? Is this why henry has like no clothing in his closet?
My gallery:
http://m.imgur.com/account/Spikeyroxas/images

Youtube:
Spikeyroxas
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Re: Scripture at the beginning

Post by KageReneko »

carneeval wrote:At one point it says "It is important to travel lightly in that world. He who carries too heavy a burden will regret it"
I always thought that was a hint about the item system... Another way for saying "Don't use all your item slots; your inventary isn't unlimited anymore"
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

^^
Same here. I don't think it means anything further than that.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

SH4:TR occurs in 2001.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

Yup, all I ever thought about that was it was just a warning to the player to not take too many items with you, as your inventory is limited in this game unlike the other ones in the series. It was a new feature and they had to hint at it to the players while somehow keeping it subtle, as they might not have been expecting it.

Nice theory, though.
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

I spoke of the 'Travel lightly' in the original message and the Inventory System.

AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, we know. We all read your first post.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Carneeval, you don't have to have my link in your sig anymore..the site is removed :P
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

AuraTwilight wrote:Yea, we know. We all read your first post.
People were mentioning things I already did. With large posts sometimes people skip around, happens.

And thank you kindly simeonalo ^^ I will remove that.

Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Henry's so-called "unburdened" life has nothing to do w/ the cryptic sentence in the scripture. And He who carries too heavy a burden will regret it is simply a smart hint and forewarning about the limited inventory.

Plus, of course the scripture has to say "she" to the Mother Reborn. A mother cannot possibly be reborn as a "he", right? And even if the scripture states that the Reciever of Wisdom is a man, the scripture is still just a ripped part. Walter or Joseph (or whoever puts the notes under Henry's door) could easily have manipulated this message before, in order to simply give Henry the wisdom about his and Eileens fate.
The only qualification for being the Receiver is Wisdom is living in Room 302 after Joseph.
Swallow what Aura said.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.