Trick of the Ice Maze *SPOILER*

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Trick of the Ice Maze *SPOILER*

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

You know that final maze where Harry has to run constantly to find Cheryl's room? Ever get lost in there?

There is a way to find your way around in those endless doors and rooms. The clue...

ICE!

I've taken note the first play I made of the ice over only one of the four doors, taking that door and the rest of the ice doors will lead you out faster than just guessing which door to take.

Very simple and quick as well. Use this info and you will be fine.
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
Touch Coma
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Touch Coma »

I tried that myself the few times I got to that part, and it didn't seem to help me. I'll pay closer attention next time.

What I did is look for lockers I toppled over already and sort of used them as bread crumbs(but they're only in the hallway "outside" the room).
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Nvixurx.jpg?1[/IMG]
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

I did that one time too and got lost even more in the process thinking I was going in circles till I noticed the ice.
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

I remember instinctively going for the ice, and it was leading me around in circles and I was getting pretty annoyed. I can't remember how exactly I got out of there, but I'm sure one of the final doors I went through wasn't covered in ice, which I thought was odd.
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Well, I used a video on youtube for how to get through the maze, but I will try this out if for some reason I ever want to play that game again.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Going for the ice is a trick that generally works everywhere Raw Shocks are sold. In most locations, the 'correct' door will often stand near (or be surrounded by) a substantial quantity of ice.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

For me the cie doors lead me out 100% of the time, maybe it's different with each game I don't know.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

Following the ice at that part let me out significantly fast two out of three times, and the time it didn't was my first time so maybe I messed up or something.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

That's good. ^^
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

I believe that the first maze of that set you have to find the doors with light stretching across the floor in front of it. THEN its the ice doors.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Need to play it again but i know when you have to keep running in circles, teh Ice Maze, just look for the ice.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

For the second part, anyway. The first part of the Ice Maze, you want to find the door with a light over it.

In any other instance, the door farthest from Harry is usually the door you want to go through. Going for the closest door repeatedly is what gets people trapped in loops.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

AuraTwilight wrote:In any other instance, the door farthest from Harry is usually the door you want to go through. Going for the closest door repeatedly is what gets people trapped in loops.
Its almost like they want you to work to get through the game. Funny, huh? :P
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

the trick i used is whenever i get into a room with 4 doors, i listen to whichever one has the least fuss behind it (meaning less monesters meaning im farther from the door i just entered) and i eventually got out.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Though that strategy falls to shit if you've been running in circles long enough XP
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

I figured that out on my first playthrough....it was pretty obvious. I did happen to get lost in those other ice mazes in the middle of the game tho.....whenever i try to figure out where i'am, i end up having to run, or get jumped by those annoying shocks...
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

I know, I got lost a few times in the wood maze, ended up going in a circle all the way to the start.
butters
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by butters »

yeah im glad i noticed the ice on the doors. although i had already ran through about 30 doors :roll:
Myrrh Macho Sehr Gacho
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Aric - The Reaper wrote:I know, I got lost a few times in the wood maze, ended up going in a circle all the way to the start.
the woods were so annoying during my first playthrough.
i did the same thing.
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

The worst maze by far is the one where you gotta get to the ER room, before meeting lisa.