Separation Paradox [spoilers for SH1 and SH3]

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

>It's just so hard to shake first impressions when they made so much sense.

Oh, I know. I've held my share of incorrect assumptions. :wink:

Sure, it's logical to assume that the aglaophotis would expel a demon from Alessa, but as FiliusMartis pointed out, that's what Kaufmann was expecting. As we know from his dialog, what actually happened was not what he had expected. The woman in white was neither Alessa nor possessed.

@FiliusMartis: I don't consider Heather's narration of the events of SH1 during the car ride to be her own memories. She was recently given Harry's journal, read through it, and relayed Harry's observations (including at least one that was incorrect) to Douglas.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Also, as another point: If the two weren't the same creature, why does the Incubus transform into the Incubator after being defeated?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
DamienPales
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DamienPales »

Because it doesn't.

But we've been over this before too.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yea, it just LOOKED like it transformed into the Incubator. I totally should've noticed the comical side-zipper.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Incubus exits out an invisible door to some hidden backstage where Incubator has been hiding, and courteously holds it open so Incubus can step back through. In the process, Incubus transforms into Alessa. Harry receives 5000 EXP, 1500 GP, and finds a BABY HEATHER x1.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Unfortunately, Harry had hit a level cap, so the EXP didn't help against the Missionary.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

AuraTwilight wrote:Unfortunately, Harry had hit a level cap, so the EXP didn't help against the Missionary.
Wait, level cap, but not max level? What is this, Final Fantasy XIII?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Silent Hill was just that revolutionary.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>If the two weren't the same creature, why does the Incubus transform into the Incubator after being defeated?

They game designers at Team Silent had accidentally run out of 3D-models, while their grumpy old japanese boss yelled at them "I want this fucking final cutscene finished and rendered before next coffee break, you damn lazy bastards!" (said in japanese of course). They had no choice but to include the 3D-model for Incubator as the woman in white who gives Harry the baby.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Holy shit, it's Jonipoon!
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

It's a me!

Without going too much off-topic, I'd like to say hello guys.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Jonipoon wrote:>If the two weren't the same creature, why does the Incubus transform into the Incubator after being defeated?

They game designers at Team Silent had accidentally run out of 3D-models, while their grumpy old japanese boss yelled at them "I want this fucking final cutscene finished and rendered before next coffee break, you damn lazy bastards!" (said in japanese of course). They had no choice but to include the 3D-model for Incubator as the woman in white who gives Harry the baby.
I honestly hope this isn't a serious answer.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

The big gaping wound in the texture for the woman in white is where the neck attaches to the body. That's the front of the dress. That's how skins are usually wrapped.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

So if I'm looking at it correctly, that horizontal line inside the "wound" is the collarbone, the smaller circle is the actual diameter of the neck, and the tapering point is the neckline of the garment? 'Cause that would make crazy amounts of sense.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

That's right Juri.
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
theREALmgo
Just Passing Through

Re: Separation Paradox

Post by theREALmgo »

Okay. First off, Dahlia says
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
"My daughter will be the mother of God!"
. So,
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
God comes out of her back
. Also, I saw blood come out of her back also. Want proof?
http://silenthillmedia.net/sh1/audio/vo ... Ending.mp3
http://silenthillmedia.net/sh1/movie/82 ... 20Pt.2.wmv
Also, Incubator doesn't die of giving birth. She dies after catching fire from the fireballs. Seriously.
i_am_mgo.i_am_awesome.
AuraTwilight

Re: Separation Paradox

Post by AuraTwilight »

Way to totally not read the entire thread.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Re:

Post by JuriDawn »

theREALmgo wrote:Okay. First off, Dahlia says "My daughter will be the mother of God!".
This is before the woman in white (God) appears. Also, the blood you see is easily accounted for since there are wings bursting out of her back.
Also, Incubator doesn't die of giving birth. She dies after catching fire from the fireballs. Seriously.
I would have thought she died from being shot repeatedly with a hunting rifle.

One more time:
JuriDawn wrote:Watch the video again. I think the reason some people see the Incubus pulling itself out of the white-clad woman's back is that the creators had relatively crude animation techniques for the first game. Morphing the figure from Incubator to Incubus would have been relatively complicated, so they stuck the two forms into the same space and tried to animate it as if it were a transformation. Try to keep in mind what the animators show you and what they choose not to show you:

We see the woman in white doubled over, and wings extrude from her back. The camera cuts away to a reaction shot of Harry and Dr. Kaufmann, and then we see the Incubus rising up from the doubled-over position that mimics the last shot of the woman in white. We do not see a complete Incubus emerge from a complete Incubator. If that were indeed what had happened, why wouldn't the developers show it?

Also, when Incubus rises up, the woman in white is gone, and not just because the area has been cleared for a boss fight. Dahlia and Kaufmann are still there, but Incubator is conspicuously absent.
Oh, and this is from page 1:
The Adversary wrote:Dahlia calls Alessa "the mother of god." Afterward, Alessa and "Cheryl" become one and the holy woman in white is created. Dahlia calls this entity "a God—descended among us to reach out and save us."

There is a distinct difference, and therefore: Incubator is god just as Incubus is god.