Possible Sony employee leaks filming date

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

Guillermo del Toro is no longer doing the Hobbit due to prior contracts for other films... Maybe there's still a... nah it ain't gonna happen...
Apocali
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Apocali »

del Toro doing it would be utterly amazing, but there's more of a chance of talking monkeys riding unicycles winning the Tour de France than that ever happening.
kideatsu
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by kideatsu »

I find myself more interested in who the heck is going to be acting in this movie rather than who is directing it or producing it or writing the script. If they're continuing the first film's plot, then who is going to be in it? So confusing...
-Alligator-
Just Passing Through

Post by -Alligator- »

jdnation wrote:Guillermo del Toro is no longer doing the Hobbit due to prior contracts for other films... Maybe there's still a... nah it ain't gonna happen...
If del Toro made a Silent Hill movie, it would probably become the best movie ever made. But sadly it's never going to happen.
saevitia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by saevitia »

If del Toro made a Silent Hill movie, it would probably become the best movie ever made. But sadly it's never going to happen.
Well, he made Hellboy 2. Its not totally out of the realm of possibility.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

saevitia wrote:Well, he made Hellboy 2. Its not totally out of the realm of possibility.
Del Toro is a fan of the first Silent Hill game. The problem is not whether he'd be interested in doing it, but rather that there's too much on his plate to even consider it...
saevitia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by saevitia »

Ah, yeah, fair enough. I'd imagine a man of his talent is probably pretty busy.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

I'm wondering when this will be officially announced. Maybe after E3? I know Resident Evil: Afterlife is almost finished so surely we should have a good solid update soon?
Nightmareish Waltzer
Just Passing Through

Post by Nightmareish Waltzer »

cascade88 wrote:I wonder what Paul W. S. Anderson would do with it if he were director?
Who knows? Paul W.S. Anderson proved himself pretty capable in the horror genre with Event Horizon, if that truly counts as a horror film. I think if he took a crack @ Silent Hill, it wouldn't be half as bad as most people would probably bemoan.
There's a hole in the wall. Naturally, the smart and sane thing to do would be to stick your hand inside it or crawl through it.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

While Event Horizon certainly was a great movie, he's made so much crap since then that it's almost like he's a one-hit wonder.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

kideatsu wrote:I find myself more interested in who the heck is going to be acting in this movie rather than who is directing it or producing it or writing the script
I agree with this. If it is in fact a direct sequel to the first movie then we already would have a pretty good idea who would be acting in it. But other than the actors/actresses who played Rose, Chris, Sharon, and possibly Dahlia, they would have to find other's to play any new characters that could be introduced. It will be interesting to see who they pick to play these parts.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Well, it looks like there's bad news. The user claiming to be an employee with inside knowledge has changed their username to KiddRenegade. Normally, this wouldn't be a big deal, but KiddRenegade is the same name in both of the known email addresses for Roby Lee. Looks like the asshole conned SH fans a second time. :x
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

Bummer. This will just reinforce the fact that people should take things on IMDB with a grain of salt though.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.