Which ending do you prefer?

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

The End

Good+
39%
Good
33%
Bad+
6%
Bad
15%
UFO
7%
Shutting the Game off before I finish it.
No votes

Total votes: 82

alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

IceDhole wrote:I'm not supporting Good+ when I say this, I'm only informing you, that the Play Novel said that Harry used the Aglostuff on Cybil because the liquid was the same color of Cybil's eyes when she was effected.:/
I know. I turned her face into ground chuck with the emergency hammer using this precise logic!
Before you fight Cybil you encounter some info regarding the aglaophaothis (probably misspelled) if I'm not wrong. By reading this info, Harry got some knowledge regarding this strange "tool".
You're almost entirely correct, except for that this information is discovered after fighting Cybil rather than before. There's a book about the Aglaophotis in Nowhere, a bit too late to do Cybil any good.
Arsonist
Hope House Careworker

Post by Arsonist »

Good +. While I do think that killing Cybil off is an excellent way to show that Harry is not only willing to sacrifice his life for Cheryl, but also lives of other innocent people, showing a selfish nature of love, I felt that her death, as well as her whole character were understated for some reason.

I have a soft spot for Cybil to be honest, she's brave, tough and as determined as Harry, Not to mention that she's the only one who's truly supporting Harry in his search for Cheryl. The rest either don't care about it, or are manipulating the poor guy. More could have been done with her. Also, if she had lived, Harry would most likely still be around.
Snooki18

Post by Snooki18 »

Worst+ because its nice to see how things get solved after all and bennet gets saved by harry when she thought she had dided of pulmunar cancer
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

You're almost entirely correct, except for that this information is discovered after fighting Cybil rather than before. There's a book about the Aglaophotis in Nowhere, a bit too late to do Cybil any good.
I was wrong for the right reason. :wink:
RuneDragonfire
Just Passing Through

Post by RuneDragonfire »

I like happy endings, and I like to play the hero (I have something of a complex, I suppose.), therefore I always go for the best ending possible my first run, and like them the most as a general rule.
[img]http://a.imagehost.org/0443/1_113.jpg[/img]
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

I never thought about which ending I like the best. I think my least favorite is probably Bad+. I like the Bad ending and the Good ending's short FMV segments. I also like Good+ because it's very conclusive. I like the ending themes for all the endings besides Bad, but my favorite is either Good or Good+. I like the UFO ending, too, but it's definitely not my favorite.

I guess I'll go with Good ending for the vote, but it's still pretty close with Good+ and Bad.
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

I had no idea what to do with the damn Aglaophotis the first time. I correctly believed it was going to feature in a boss fight, but incorrectly tried to use it on the final boss (I can't remember which version it was) and was killed dead.

Second time around, I knew better and Good + was mine.

If I didn't have, you know, an arsenal of weaponry, I MAY have out of desperation chucked the bottle at her, simply because I figure if I had no weapons I would be dodging her to avoid being killed (since I couldn't kill her before she ran out of ammo), which would obviously lead to the situation where the Aglaophotis is used, and since I wouldn't chuck healing items at her I would choose the bottle, since a bottle to the face can be effective against people who are hostile towards you.

I voted for Good +, because I like both Harry and Cybil. I like that there is a best ending in Silent Hill, as opposed to the 'best of' endings some of the other games in the series have. I do support Good - as the canon ending, because Cybil didn't really need to live and she could have needlessly complicated SH3.

That said (Silent Hill 3 spoilers ahead, just to be safe):
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I think they could have done something simple to back up G+, like having had a postcard on the fridge you could examine and it would say something like 'Postcard from England from my aunt Cybil. An old friend of my Dad's.'
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

I like the Good+ ending the best because I like to think that Harry and Cybil made it out, and lived happily ever after or whatever (until SH3 that is). But that's just because I'm a sucker for happy endings. :D I like to think that (if I liked the characters) they got out and didn't suffer too much due to whatever they went through. Of course I don't think the Good+ is canon though. If it was there would've been some mention of Cybil, however small, in SH3. Maybe something like Goodnight mentioned in the spoiler box. It wouldn't have been too hard to add a passing comment on something regarding Cybil if she lived.
Yana
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Yana »

Personally I prefer Good+ as I get more of a sense of achievement. I know it's not classed as the canon ending but still. Plus, I like the added bonus of
Lisa seemingly gets her revenge on Kaufmann.
I don't like getting Bad because I don't like the fact that it would be
all a dream
things like that to me in games and TV always feel a bit like cop-outs, unless it's done very very very cleverly.
[url=http://iampaddy.com/spell/]Learn To Fucking Spell[/url]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

The dream bit confused me and pissed me off once I got it. Having no SH experience, I thought that it was the one true ending.
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

Yana wrote:things like that to me in games and TV always feel a bit like cop-outs, unless it's done very very very cleverly.
Like Roseanne!. That season was genius.
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

Souless-Shadow wrote:I like the Good+ ending the best because I like to think that Harry and Cybil made it out
I like to think that, too, but if Harry used the Aglaophotis on her, then Heather wouldn't have ended up with it, so... yeah. Before SH3 I would have considered Good+ to be the true ending.
IceDhole
Just Passing Through

Post by IceDhole »

Ryoshockwave wrote: I like to think that, too, but if Harry used the Aglaophotis on her, then Heather wouldn't have ended up with it, so... yeah.
He could of found more. Kaufmann said that there was "plenty more where that came from". But now that I have said that, we shall endure the wrath of AITT.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Except, that's precisely right. Harry acquired more of it after Silent Hill.

Note that in the Good ending, the only Aglaophotis he is required to acquire is the stash found in the motorcycle's gas tank. It is not necessary to collect the sample in Alchemilla Hospital.
Waiting_for_you
Just Passing Through

Post by Waiting_for_you »

Good, because the the Cybil boss fight is fun.
You know you can follow my voice
Through the dark turns and noise
Of this wicked little town
LuciaInFurs
Just Passing Through

Post by LuciaInFurs »

I'm a real fan of the Bad ending. The fact that SH3 pretty much shoves it out of the overall continuity of the series does bother me a little, though.
[color=yellow]The Electric Angels [/color](here be tales)
[url]http://luciainfurs.wordpress.com/[/url]
~*~*~*~*~*~
[color=red]"Don't you know there ain't no devil,
it's just god when he's drunk"[/color]
Nowhere95

Post by Nowhere95 »

I like the Bad, but it was really unglory :/
I mean after the whole journey and all that darkness he had to fight with, everything was a DREAM?!

So I'll vote for the Bad+ (because it fits more to the atmosphere of the game and beacause that son of a bitch called Kauffmann dies)
Corva09_im
Just Passing Through

Post by Corva09_im »

I prefer the bad ending because it is the most sense (to me)
mr. mason
Just Passing Through

Re: Which ending do you prefer?

Post by mr. mason »

i prefer the good+, my logic is that in a desperate last resort harry thought splashing cybil's face with the liquid would snap her out of her trance. in essance taking what she said in the cafe about blasting her to heart. i know it's flawed probably but considering that he knows hes going up against the odds he probably wanted all the help he could get. although i would like to know where the hell cybil went after their talk on the marry go round.
Words are our worst enimies, Only actions speak the truth.
Kenji

Re:

Post by Kenji »

alone in the town wrote:There are still quite a few theories supporting GOOD+. Burning Man is the only person to ever offer one that at least made me go "oh, fine". It involved the game being a stable time loop that only breaks when GOOD+ is attained, the idea being that if Harry experiences this an infinite number of times, he has an infinite number of chances to try something different with Cybil.

The rest are usually silly and poorly-conceived .
Is this theory featured in the Quick Links? I've never seen it before.