Trick of the Ice Maze *SPOILER*

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

that one was easy for me, i was able to figure out the path after passing the entrance three times xD
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
KristinT
Just Passing Through

Post by KristinT »

Despite the game's recommendation, after I kept getting caught by the Raw Shocks several times in a row on my first playthrough, that I use the GPS device on the mobile phone to navigate my way through the chase sequence, I just. couldn't. do it.

I'm playing on Playstation 2 so maybe it's different on Wii, but I find the fact that the game doesn't pause while you consult the GPS as it does on the other games when you consult the map, combined with the fact that you can't run whilst doing anything with the mobile phone, only walk, rendered it worse than useless.

So I just blunder my way through, running towards the furthest door and constantly looking over my shoulder. So far it works okay.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

I hate that factor with the phone, I say having a map was best but with the phone it tells you where you were at, leaving a trail but who can look at the map on the phone when RS is chasing you?
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

I don't think you're really supposed to be able to look at the GPS during a chase sequence, only at the beginning when the Raw Shocks aren't chasing you. It's supposed to amplify your fear of "HOLY SHIT RUN WHERE THE HELL DO I GO?!?!?!", I would think.

Though, doesn't the game pause if you pull up the blown-up version of the GPS map?
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

I didn't know you could make it big. hmm
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Sergiy wrote:The worst maze by far is the one where you gotta get to the ER room, before meeting lisa.
That was easy. I managed to do that one without bumping into any Raw Shocks on my first try. You need to know the correct path, which I, luckily, guessed out.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Good job!
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

simeonalo wrote:
Sergiy wrote:The worst maze by far is the one where you gotta get to the ER room, before meeting lisa.
That was easy. I managed to do that one without bumping into any Raw Shocks on my first try. You need to know the correct path, which I, luckily, guessed out.
i made a least 3 circles xD
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

lol i got use to it and figured out the exit since it was one door that i didn't see till i went in a circle backwards.
RuneDragonfire
Just Passing Through

Post by RuneDragonfire »

I got lost in the ice world so much.

I have an awful sense of direction.
[img]http://a.imagehost.org/0443/1_113.jpg[/img]
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

i hate it a lot when the RS jump you while you're running into the next room, you don't even see them till it's to late and then you can't remember which way you're running sometimes
Moura
Just Passing Through

Re: Trick of the Ice Maze *SPOILER*

Post by Moura »

the last nightmare is divided in two parts...in the first part, u have to enter doors that have a lamp over it...in the second part, u just enter doors that are surrounded by ice...once u figured this out, the last nightmare becomes the easiest...
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

^ actually many of the doors have ice near/ around them. you have to find the door with ice nearly surrounding it. thats the only sure way of doing it.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
Midori-chan
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Midori-chan »

Some of the mazes were easy to get through while the others were more tricky. I had no problems with hospital, but I did take quite a long time to get through the maze when trying to get to Cheryl's room and outside of Lisa's apartment.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/profile/Midori-tan/]Profile[/url]\\[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Midori-tan]My Anime List[/url]\\[url=http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/Midori-tan]My Manga List[/url]
Moura
Just Passing Through

Post by Moura »

Answering silent fantasy...

As i understand, u have to keep going to all doors with ice around it, a lot or a little, and this will take u to the last door the fastest...
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

^ no. iv done that. the only ones that work are the doors that have a significant amount of ice around them.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.
Moura
Just Passing Through

Post by Moura »

Thats exactly what i meant :)
tekkie
Just Passing Through

Post by tekkie »

The ice isn't reliable because it changes shape between the correct rooms.

The order to the first 'final' maze is forward, right, second right.

The order to the second 'final' maze is forward, right (in the flare room), left, straight, left, right, left.
Glenn
Gravedigger

Post by Glenn »

[quote="tekkie"]The ice isn't reliable because it changes shape between the correct rooms.

Yeah the ice always changes in its conformation, but the door with a lot of ice around it is always the correct door. I didn't have any problem with the final maze using that strategy.