Who was the Alex's Dad cutting (possible spoilerz)

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

RinoTheBouncer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Who was the Alex's Dad cutting (possible spoilerz)

Post by RinoTheBouncer »

Abraham's sacrifice I guess ...
in Islam it's mentioned that Prophet Abraham and his wife lived a long life with no children until they aged to reach an age way beyond that when you have the ability to have children, and later two men arrived at their house to inform them that his wife is pregnant as she was astonished how she could be after becoming an old woman by an age over 80 years old, they said it's the will of God and the two men turned out to be two angels in the guise of man. Abraham and his Wife were so happy and thankful for that gift from God and they had a baby boy named Isaac, the little boy grew up to the age of 6-9 (I don't actually remember) and God ordered his prophet Abraham to sacrifice his son for him, Abraham was so astonished and so hurt to even think of losing his only son after all this time but he obeyed his God also his son told him to sacrifice him and obey the will of God, so he took his son isaac to the mountain and had the knife on his neck to sacrifice him, that moment before the knife could cut into Isaacs neck, God sent a lamb to walk near Abraham and his son and God informed Abraham to sacrifice the lamb instead and also told him that Abraham and his Son both succeeded in this test from God.

so maybe Adam Shepherd kept this place off limits to sacrifice and do the Silent Hill rituals here hoping it can replace his son's sacrifice ...
Twitter: @RinoTheBouncer | www.rinothebouncer.com | Instagram: @RinoTheBouncer
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>so maybe Adam Shepherd kept this place off limits to sacrifice and do the Silent Hill rituals<
The Order, so far as we know, doesn't have rituals involving animal sacrifice.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

I got the impression he was just skinning something he'd killed. He reacted the way he did to Alex, because Alex was obviously much younger at the time and Adam didn't want his son playing around in a room with blood, gore, and very sharp objects like a hunting room. Even if he was the chosen sacrifice, he's still Adam's son and didn't want him to get hurt. That, to me is the sole reason why you open that door with the Ceremonial Dagger.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

it was possibly a deer or something. if i remember correctly, there's a flashback of alex being scolded for sneaking in on adam in the basement room.
Maybe that was a fearful memory for alex, and he saw something his mind made up.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Re:

Post by krakalackin »

clips wrote:I never thought anything of that room either, but it can make you wonder what was so mysterious about it since you have to open it with that special knife...he really could've just locked the room up with a normal lock.
And why did Alex's dad flip out when he came in the room?
Sam Pilgrim
Just Passing Through

Post by Sam Pilgrim »

I think it was a deer too.
Aura is right, that was the Hunting Room.
The secret of fifty-two is that the multiverse still exists
SHF

Re: Re:

Post by SHF »

krakalackin wrote:
clips wrote:I never thought anything of that room either, but it can make you wonder what was so mysterious about it since you have to open it with that special knife...he really could've just locked the room up with a normal lock.
because alex wasnt suppsoed to be in there. adam would of probably yelled at alex if he walked into his dads bedroom too.
Sam Pilgrim
Just Passing Through

Re: Re:

Post by Sam Pilgrim »

helldescent wrote:
krakalackin wrote:
because alex wasnt suppsoed to be in there. adam would of probably yelled at alex if he walked into his dads bedroom too.

Didn't he yell about everything? xD
The secret of fifty-two is that the multiverse still exists
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I was gonna say what a lot of people did, it was a deer, he was a hunter. I thought that straight away when I saw it, but being that he is a member of the order, it's entirely plausible that he might have been cutting it sacrificially or something, if you consider that you need the ceremonial dagger to get into that room.

When you get in there, there's a Schism which has been cut up on the table, and half of another one hanging up, but I doubt that's literal, this is what the otherworld or Alex's mind has turned it into.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
SHF

Post by SHF »

no animal sacrifices. its only human ones that are needed in the ritual. To explain why its a schism in the otherworld, thats due to the fact that alex didnt know what his dad was doing in there, and his mind projected something scary in place of it.
Though why a schism instead of another creature tells me of the mosnters importance and symbolism... The schism between alex and his family.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Nice post! Thanks for your interpretation, really made me re-think that part.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

helldescent wrote:no animal sacrifices. its only human ones that are needed in the ritual. To explain why its a schism in the otherworld, thats due to the fact that alex didnt know what his dad was doing in there, and his mind projected something scary in place of it.
Though why a schism instead of another creature tells me of the mosnters importance and symbolism... The schism between alex and his family.
That's a pretty good theory on the schism and the hunting room. The whole mind projection thing could also apply to why the door can only be opened using the ceremonial dagger too. Because Alex expected something else in there, something important, the power of the otherworld gave it an extra special lock and key. Other than that, it's a normal hunting room.

As for what Adam was cutting up, as people have already mentioned, Adam was a bit of a hunter. All he was doing was preparing/cleaning his latest kill. It wasn't a sacrifice, and it wasn't their pet dog. He got annoyed with Alex because Alex wasn't supposed to be in there. Not only would it be a little bit dangerous, but Adam treats Alex like crap anyway. Letting him into his hunting room would sort of be like letting him into his heart (kinda lame sounding, I know). He was keeping Alex at arms length his whole life after all, so it would make sense not to let him into any area where they could probably do father and son stuff.
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

I was wondering who it was too. I was like "Oh man, he's insane!!!" But it was also kind of enjoyable to watch hee hee.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Soulless-Shadow wrote:
helldescent wrote:no animal sacrifices. its only human ones that are needed in the ritual. To explain why its a schism in the otherworld, thats due to the fact that alex didnt know what his dad was doing in there, and his mind projected something scary in place of it.
That's a pretty good theory on the schism and the hunting room. The whole mind projection thing could also apply to why the door can only be opened using the ceremonial dagger too. Because Alex expected something else in there, something important, the power of the otherworld gave it an extra special lock and key. Other than that, it's a normal hunting room.

As for what Adam was cutting up, as people have already mentioned, Adam was a bit of a hunter. All he was doing was preparing/cleaning his latest kill. It wasn't a sacrifice, and it wasn't their pet dog. He got annoyed with Alex because Alex wasn't supposed to be in there. Not only would it be a little bit dangerous, but Adam treats Alex like crap anyway. Letting him into his hunting room would sort of be like letting him into his heart (kinda lame sounding, I know). He was keeping Alex at arms length his whole life after all, so it would make sense not to let him into any area where they could probably do father and son stuff.
exactly right 8)
shfreak235
Just Passing Through

Re:

Post by shfreak235 »

ederion wrote:Now, I have only played through the game once so far and it was a while since I saw this part. I reacted strongly to this part when I played through it though and even though I actually think (hope?) I am wrong, but I thought it looked like a skinned dog. Therefore I got the impression that it was the family dog. The thought of it makes me feel very uneasy. :?

yeah that actually makes more sence than my theory which got blammed.
The road to hell is paved with good intentions...
Silent_Hillbilly
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent_Hillbilly »

I think it was cult related. you have to open the door with the Ceremonial Knife. From the judging of the flashback though, Alex was alot younger, since Adam was much taller. In the Otherworld Shepard House, we see a Schism [btw this part got me when i didnt notice the headless body hanging cleaning area.] which can raise many questions.

wouldnt look too deep into it, but still interesting to note
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

"Don't ever tell me what I can't do!!" :lol:

OK, sorry.
When I saw that scene and later examined the room, I had the impression it was the Schism he was cutting up.
We are still here...
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It couldn't of been the Schism, the flashback took place when Alex was several years younger (the doorknob is clearly eye-level). Joshua might not have even been born yet.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SHF

Post by SHF »

No one knows what his dad was cutting up.
My statement was Alex didnt know either, so his mind projected it as the schism you see in the otherworld part of the house.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^Alex's dad was an officer, judging by Shepherd's Glen geography, it seemed that people had to hunt their food, and even the room was called "Hunting Room". He was cutting a deer, it was all covered on some posts ago.

Why you think Alex's mind "projected" a Schism? Because he didn't knew what Adam was chopping? This doesn't make any sense.
but I thought it looked like a skinned dog. Therefore I got the impression that it was the family dog.
If that was the case, Alex's mind could project a Feral, and not a Schism.