Tracks Identification + General Questions

Use this section to discuss the DVDs, OSTs, comics and any other SH Media.

Moderator: Moderators

Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Re:

Post by Mis Krist. »

his_fate wrote:Thanks 'The Adversary'.

Does anyone have any more insight into the Main Theme - i.e. what his influence was for it. Any articles or links ?
When I was asked to write the ending theme song for "Silent Hill" by sound director Mr. Yamaoka a few months ago, I was thrilled! When I first had an opportunity to see a portion of the game at Konami's development room, I was very much fascinated. The computer graphics and the movement of the characters were so real, and scary, just like a Hollywood movie. Hmm..., after talking and discussing the concept of the game, I suddenly said to him, "How about Argentina? You know... band neon [no idea what this means], violin and [a] Spanish singer singing?" Then, he looked at me and after a short period of silence he smiled and said, "That's great! Let's make a Tango!"
There's more, but it just talks about the process of making the song work in Spanish after having to translate it across Japanese and English. I get the impression he wanted to use Spanish as a means of expressing some kind of cinematic, dramatic despair. Personally speaking (based on the impression I have of the song to this day), it worked.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Sam Pilgrim
Just Passing Through

Re: Tracks Identification + General Questions

Post by Sam Pilgrim »

Hey!
I was wondering if anyone knows what's the song that plays in SH0 just before you go to fight the Memory of Helen Grady in the Asylum?
The secret of fifty-two is that the multiverse still exists
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

For the love of god, can someone please tell me which track this loop appears on: http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/2/4/1 ... ULTURE.wav

I swear I've gone through every track on every OST, but I still can't find it. It's killin' me.
nobody is anybody
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>what's the song that plays in SH0 just before you go to fight the Memory of Helen Grady in the Asylum?<
I'm guessing you mean the guitar melody shortly before, in one of the medical offices. If that's the case, the song isn't on the soundtrack, so there's no official name for it. My recording of it, however, is titled "I just learned my mom is a stark, raving bitch."

>can someone please tell me which track this loop appears on<
"Meltdown" — Silent Hill: Origins, track 2
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

^ Thank you! I could have sworn it was used on the Shattered Memories OST, but I guess not!
nobody is anybody
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I thought it was from Silent Hill 4: The Room at first, but . . . nope.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Revelations of the Past
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Revelations of the Past »

VIVIsect wrote:For the love of god, can someone please tell me which track this loop appears on: http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/2/4/1 ... ULTURE.wav

I swear I've gone through every track on every OST, but I still can't find it. It's killin' me.
I'm pretty sure it's heard for the first time when Travis meets Kaufmann at the hospital where the scumbag explains that he has some "urgent business" to attend to :twisted:
Currently filming my fan film called "SILENT HILL: BLACKOUT".
You can follow its progress on the sites below:
https://www.facebook.com/SilentHillBlackout
http://www.youtube.com/user/RevelationofthePast
http://silenthillfandom.wikia.com/wiki/Silent_Hill:_Blackout
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

You should really read what's immediately following his question. . . .

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Sam Pilgrim
Just Passing Through

Post by Sam Pilgrim »

The Adversary wrote:>what's the song that plays in SH0 just before you go to fight the Memory of Helen Grady in the Asylum?<
I'm guessing you mean the guitar melody shortly before, in one of the medical offices. If that's the case, the song isn't on the soundtrack, so there's no official name for it. My recording of it, however, is titled "I just learned my mom is a stark, raving bitch."
Thanks, man.. yeah, I guess that title totally fit with the song xD
The secret of fifty-two is that the multiverse still exists
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

OK, I have one more question regarding a loop that I stumbled across while going through the Spectrasonics sample library "Bizarre Guitars". I know it was used in one of the games, but I have no idea as to which. Also, I'm not sure if it was used in-game only, or if it actually appeared on an OST. Any help would be appreciated. I'm planning an update to my samples thread, and I'd like to include it.

Here it is:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/2/4/1 ... GEISHA.wav
nobody is anybody
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It's definitely not on any of the soundtracks, and I honestly don't recognize it from any of the games, either. If anything, my guess would be an in-game, behind-the-dialogue bit in Silent Hill 4: The Room.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

I might be mistaken as to whether or not it was actually used at all. It just sounds really familiar. And, being that Yamaoka used a ton a stuff from the same sample library, I figured I had heard it in a SH game. I'm thinking you're right. If at all, it was probably used in The Room, maybe during a cut scene... Thanks for your help. I'll do a run through of all the cut scenes and see if I can find it.
nobody is anybody
Kerrigan
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kerrigan »

Oh, I've heard this song a billion times before—it's from Silent Hill 4's data, someone titled it "Hollow Melodies" on their complete soundtrack. I wish I'd seen these posts sooner, though you've probably solved this mystery by now, haha.
EngulfedInFog
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by EngulfedInFog »

Here's one maybe other people have thought about: Those random tracks at the end of SH4 OST that are primarily Japanese dialogue, is there an audio or at least text translation of what they're saying?

Also, is there a complete SH1 OST that has the music from that early scene in Cafe 5 to 2 w/ Harry and Cybil? Or is it hidden in one of the tracks on the standard OST?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>is there a complete SH1 OST that has the music from that early scene in Cafe 5 to 2 w/ Harry and Cybil?<
Yes, there is. The song's generally called "Cybil," although it technically, albeit incredibly briefly, begins on the official soundtrack as "The Wait."

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

EngulfedInFog wrote:Here's one maybe other people have thought about: Those random tracks at the end of SH4 OST that are primarily Japanese dialogue, is there an audio or at least text translation of what they're saying?
http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=16663
Mr. E. Nygma
Just Passing Through

Soundtrack

Post by Mr. E. Nygma »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wCxEcJIhsY

What is the name of this soundtrack played at :34? I'd appreciate it thanks.
I love the Silent Hill Series. The Games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I Believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their Series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Re: Soundtrack

Post by The Adversary »

Um . . . total silence?

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Either Wrong is Right, or Don't Abuse Me
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Mr. E. Nygma
Just Passing Through

Post by Mr. E. Nygma »

Sorry at Adversey I meant :43 and thanks
I love the Silent Hill Series. The Games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I Believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their Series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.