Was this your first Silent Hill game?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Was this your first Silent Hill game?

Yes (if so, please describe your reaction)
2%
No
82%
No, but I have a friend/family member for whom it was their first (if so, please describe their reaction)
16%

Total votes: 44

clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: Was this your first Silent Hill game?

Post by clips »

The first SH was my intial experience....when they announced SM, i'll admit i wasn't happy with all of the hoopla about it being a re-imaging, but it ended up being a decent entry for the series...it had some refreshing creative designs...(save for the lackluster otherworld).

I think the series is a one-shot pony type of game tho...you really can't expand on the concept that was seen in this game........SPOILER!!!.......................because there really is no supernatural element to be had...this whole experience is happening within an individuals head.
VIVIsect
Historical Society Historian

Post by VIVIsect »

Shattered Memories was the first Silent Hill game that I didn't buy.
nobody is anybody
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Silent Hill 3 was my first (though I watched my dad play through the first one before that).
lain of the wired
Historical Society Historian
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

Ok, not me, but I just love how this turned out.

A friend of mine is definitely an alcoholic. His phone is routinely cut off because his money all goes into binge drinking and weed. His nickname is "Obstacle" because he gets so black-out drunk, he'll trip when there isn't even anything there. Just recently, however, he met an AMAZING girl for whom he's actually changing his habits for, of his own volition. She suggested he play it after we spent a bunch of time discussing the game. So let's review: we have Obstacle trying to change for a girl he loves and would gladly settle down and start a family with. Oh, and did I mention he's always wanted a daughter?

He was freaking out during the game, and ended up weeping by the end. He got the drunk dad ending and was really, really moved/scared by the accuracy. The analysis was so spot on, he considered asking the friend watching him play to leave: he felt strange having someone in his head like that.

He was never a fan of the series before this, never played them, and really only knew anything about them because I'm such a huge fan. He's been talking to me about it non-stop since- I mean really just short of babbling about it, more so than even myself! I've never seen him so deeply effected by a game before. Next up on his playlist: SH2. Just as soon as he gets past the whole "FUCK this game is IN MY HEAD" thing. :twisted:
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.