The note

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

The note

Post by Biccard »

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before. I've searched but found nothing.
So my question is, why does Henry recieve a note so bloody that he can't even read it, by the Superintendent, when the Super slides it under the door with Eileen?
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: The note

Post by stopped_clock »

Been a while since I played 4 but I seem to remember that the notes that come through into the apartment aren't the same as they were outside. The note that Henry receives is not the note that was slipped under the door by the Super.

I may well be wrong, if I am I'll be corrected soon enough.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

You're right stopped_clock... It's because of the difference of dimensions I believe... Even Nurse Rachael's stalker notices it.
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

stopped_clock wrote:Been a while since I played 4 but I seem to remember that the notes that come through into the apartment aren't the same as they were outside. The note that Henry receives is not the note that was slipped under the door by the Super.

I may well be wrong, if I am I'll be corrected soon enough.
This is correct; the notes you give yourself, for instance, are blank pieces of red paper.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

It's to show he's further isolated and has no way to interact with the outside world. The super tried to give him a note and the twisted world of Silent Hill's idea of a joke was to cover it in blood.

It's just to further encourage the theme of isolation. It's mocking him.

Just like how he bangs on the door and they can't hear him. Chances are if he slipped a note under his door it'd have just gone to the apartment hell world.
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

it seems to me that room 302 is the least effected area by walters world which is y henry can read the letters
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

I believe that Room 302 is a crossroads between the two dimensions... The real world and Walter's world. Also I believe that because Joseph wrote those letters while in the room, they're the only letters that Henry can read. The illegible writing on the Super's note has to do with the crossing of dimensions.
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

Tabris wrote:It's to show he's further isolated and has no way to interact with the outside world. The super tried to give him a note and the twisted world of Silent Hill's idea of a joke was to cover it in blood.

It's just to further encourage the theme of isolation. It's mocking him.

Just like how he bangs on the door and they can't hear him. Chances are if he slipped a note under his door it'd have just gone to the apartment hell world.
Oh okay thanks, I understand it now. I just didn't wuite understand what was wrong with the notes and that stuff. Thanks a lot.