Significance of Two PH's?

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Biomechanical
Brookhaven Receptionist

Significance of Two PH's?

Post by Biomechanical »

[edit] This thread was originally called "did james have an accomplice" I decided to change it to encompass a broader topic because I felt like people were steppin all over my "crimson rusty eggs"

Ok, so at the end, you fight two PH guys. Do you think this means anything?
Last edited by Biomechanical on 19 Nov 2005, edited 1 time in total.
[b][color=red]User is no longer active[/color][/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/biomechanical923/pulp.jpg[/img]
douche
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

Not at all. Why would it? There is no evidence at all in the game that points to James and someone else killing Mary.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Biomechanical
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Biomechanical »

I was asking if the fact that were were two PH guys had ANY meaning at all, not ONLY if he had help.
[b][color=red]User is no longer active[/color][/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v308/biomechanical923/pulp.jpg[/img]
douche
Red Dragon
Gravedigger

Post by Red Dragon »

Some believe they represent James's victims. The Pyramid Head with the Crimson Egg is Mary, and the one with the one with the Rusted Egg is Eddie, or visa-versa, with theory upon theory building up which one is which.

But the murder of Mary was a solo act.
[b]HeadAche.[/b]
LaraeGunn
Subway Guard

Post by LaraeGunn »

It only takes one person to smother someone.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The people who believe that the presence of two red pyramid things is because of Mary & Eddie are mistaken: There are two pyramid things in the Labyrinth, long before Eddie perishes.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

But there's no evidence to either support or deny that they are the same Pyramid Head.

You encounter Pyramid Head twice in the Labyrinth. You encounter him twice again in the hospital, and three times total in the Apartments (so why isn't James triple-teamed at the end?). However, there is only one occasion when you ever see more than one in the same place at the same time, and it's not until after Eddie dies. I will continue to believe Eddie's death factors upon that, since there's no other good reason why there would suddenly be a tag team when there never was before, and no other good reason to suggest why we should ever see this, if Eddie's death has no weight on the reasoning.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

I always just figured they wanted to make it harder by have TWO invencible creatures. :P
Themis' Mirage
Just Passing Through

Post by Themis' Mirage »

Well, there's a theory that the two PHs are
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
the two former leaders of "The Order". Their names escape me at the moment, but they were the two priests killed by Walter for the 21 Sacraments.
What this means in SH2, I have no clue.
One by one the penguins steal my sanity.

It's a Fleetwood Mac thing, you wouldn't understand.

Procrastinators of the world unite... tomorrow!!

~~
Thanks to my little sis for the avatar!!
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

At least your honest.That's always a good thing.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Nothing really: There are numerous people referred to as leaders; there was no--far as the audience knows--one person in charge of the Order as a whole, only leaders of the different Sects.

Jimmy Stone & George Rosten, for example, were heads of the Valtiel & Holy Mother Sect, respectably. Toby Archibold--years after Mr. Rosten's death--took command of the Holy Mother Sect, though after his death, the Order was done for.

Dahlia Gillespie, at the time of Silent Hill 1, was ostensibly the head of the Holy Woman Sect, possibly later taken command by Claudia Wolfe.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Themis' Mirage wrote:Well, there's a theory that the two PHs are
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
the two former leaders of "The Order". Their names escape me at the moment, but they were the two priests killed by Walter for the 21 Sacraments.
Pyramid Head is a distinct entity with its own Silent Hill history. Based on the Red Devil remark made in the trash magazine, some people assume Walter refers to Pyramid Head.We now know his red Devil is Jimmy Stone of the Order, and his lieutenant George Rosten. Both were killed by Walter, and Stone was known to wear a red miter. It's unlikely that they are the Pyramid Heads we see, because there is no thematic significance for this theory, with SH2 itself authoring plenty of its own.
LaraeGunn
Subway Guard

Post by LaraeGunn »

I think the prison and Historical Society explain enough about Mr. Head's former duties.
That's just my opinion, though.
I never believed for a second that the Red Pyramid Thing was the "Red Devil."

At the time SH2 came out, that trashed article was nothing more than gloomy info.
Now, it holds a lot of signifigance.
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

I always subscribed to the old-fashioned 'two murders, two Pyramid Things' theory myself.
YourOwnGrave

Post by YourOwnGrave »

I think the prison and Historical Society explain enough about Mr. Head's former duties.
That's just my opinion, though.
That's the image they were created from.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/YourOwnGrave/yogsig01.jpg[/img]
[url=http://highwind.nu/][b]Highwind.nu[/b][/url] [ [url=http://silenthillforum.com/privmsg.php?mode=post&u=597]Any Questions?[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=148]SHHF Guidelines[/url] ]
Themis' Mirage
Just Passing Through

Post by Themis' Mirage »

alone in the town wrote: Pyramid Head is a distinct entity with its own Silent Hill history. Based on the Red Devil remark made in the trash magazine, some people assume Walter refers to Pyramid Head.We now know his red Devil is Jimmy Stone of the Order, and his lieutenant George Rosten. Both were killed by Walter, and Stone was known to wear a red miter. It's unlikely that they are the Pyramid Heads we see, because there is no thematic significance for this theory, with SH2 itself authoring plenty of its own.
Ah! Thank you! That clears a ton of stuff up.
One by one the penguins steal my sanity.

It's a Fleetwood Mac thing, you wouldn't understand.

Procrastinators of the world unite... tomorrow!!

~~
Thanks to my little sis for the avatar!!
F

Post by F »

Did anybody mention the eggs? Rusty, Mary's blood; red, Edward's blood.
Red Dragon
Gravedigger

Post by Red Dragon »

Red Dragon wrote:Some believe they represent James's victims. The Pyramid Head with the Crimson Egg is Mary, and the one with the one with the Rusted Egg is Eddie
Yep, had it covered.
[b]HeadAche.[/b]
Burning Man

Post by Burning Man »

I've once read that the eggs are representations of James' guilty subconscious "bottled up." The colors of these eggs reflect his "other world," which is in decay. Personally, because the "other world" was visible even before Eddie's death, I tend to disagree that one of the eggs existence had anything to with that.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
LaraeGunn
Subway Guard

Post by LaraeGunn »

Burning Man is right.
A good example would be Silent Hill 4:
"It's covered in blood and rust."