Anyone czech? [New interview and video-interview inside]

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

The_Journeyman
Just Passing Through

Anyone czech? [New interview and video-interview inside]

Post by The_Journeyman »

Appeared today on vatra's facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A ... px&h=495ff
The Adversary
RESPECT

Re: Anyone czech? [New interview and video-interview inside]

Post by The Adversary »

I believe we unceremoniously gave the Czech-speaking members who've offered to help syphilis-ridden blankets that resulted in their permanent departure.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Post by SHF »

...what?
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
SilentHiller
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentHiller »

I translated the main text on the page and there is nothing really said that we don't know already. One thing I got from the article though is Mark Berka is supposedly the Lead Designer of Silent Hill 8 and I think it's the man being interviewed in the video. Silent Hill 8 is apparently still in the early stages, okay how can the game be early in development if Konami recently confirmed Silent Hill 8 will be due next year? I would of thought a lot of the game is in place by now. I can see a delay coming if the title is still early in development.

It would be good though if someone who knows the Czech language could summarize the interview for us.

It seems we won't get proper information on Silent Hill 8 until at least October.
saevitia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by saevitia »

Camping thread, waiting for translation.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

It's nothing new.

Just use Google Translate, people.
Survival
Just Passing Through

Post by Survival »

I will write this down while listening to the video without stopping so please excuse my writing...

They say they are focusing more on psychological horror and want SH8 to be more in line with the first games. The guy in black shirt is the lead designer. He says they want the game to be story driven with complex subtext and mystery. Finding out what´s the deal with main characters past and why he ended up in Silent Hill will be also an important aspect.

They chose him to be convict/prisoner becuase his backround offers a lot of new and fresh material to explore in SH universe. He even mentions life in prison and revenge between inmates. They´re not focusing on action (the game is supposed to be less action oriented then Homecoming). SH2 being the main inspiration for atmosphere of the game.

Konami has a strong influence on the development are able to change any aspect of the game if they don´t like it. He talks about Team Silent and how a lot of people have wrong impression of it. He say that aside from few key people the "Team" itself never really existed... he says this because the interviewer asks him is they worked closely with people who worked on original series. But he revealed that they are working with those key people who worked on previous games. He also says that while they liked the Silent Hill movie they´re not gettint any inspiration from it.

The rest of the video is just the usual chit chat about the game... nothing really new or revealing. They don´t mention any games or movies (aside from Shutter Island) they´re inspired by.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

The developers, for the most part, keep saying all the right things to get me more interested.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

Survival wrote:I will write this down while listening to the video without stopping so please excuse my writing...

They say they are focusing more on psychological horror and want SH8 to be more in line with the first games. The guy in black shirt is the lead designer. He says they want the game to be story driven with complex subtext and mystery. Finding out what´s the deal with main characters past and why he ended up in Silent Hill will be also an important aspect.

They chose him to be convict/prisoner becuase his backround offers a lot of new and fresh material to explore in SH universe. He even mentions life in prison and revenge between inmates. They´re not focusing on action (the game is supposed to be less action oriented then Homecoming). SH2 being the main inspiration for atmosphere of the game.

Konami has a strong influence on the development are able to change any aspect of the game if they don´t like it. He talks about Team Silent and how a lot of people have wrong impression of it. He say that aside from few key people the "Team" itself never really existed... he says this because the interviewer asks him is they worked closely with people who worked on original series. But he revealed that they are working with those key people who worked on previous games. He also says that while they liked the Silent Hill movie they´re not gettint any inspiration from it.

The rest of the video is just the usual chit chat about the game... nothing really new or revealing. They don´t mention any games or movies (aside from Shutter Island) they´re inspired by.
I'm liking what I'm reading. :D I hope they're working with Masahiro Ito too. I love his work. :D
leftshoe18 wrote:The developers, for the most part, keep saying all the right things to get me more interested.
Same here. I enjoyed the newer games, but not as much as I enjoyed the older ones. So to read/hear/whatever that they're going back to the series roots, so to speak, is good news.
SilentHiller
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentHiller »

I like the fact Vatra Games are working with the key Team Silent members for Silent Hill 8. This is encouraging news indeed. I mean did Double Helix do this when they were developing Silent Hill: V (Homecoming)? Less focus on action and more emphasis on Psychological Horror like the earlier Silent Hill games is what I was hoping for. I am also glad that they are not taking influence from the Silent Hill movie as much I like Silent Hill: Homecoming I didn't like some of the movie references thrown in and the nurses ripped right from the movie were awful.

Anyway information on Silent Hill 8 is supposed to be coming at somepoint this month.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

The Adversary wrote:I believe we unceremoniously gave the Czech-speaking members who've offered to help syphilis-ridden blankets that resulted in their permanent departure.
Yeah, keep on using biiig words buddy :roll: [/internetsarcasm]

Anyways. They're using help from key TS members? This game is sounded better and better each day. I just hope it's not a let down.
xerx
Just Passing Through

Post by xerx »

I posted this some time ago, they just speaking about their inspiration.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

SilentHiller wrote:Silent Hill 8 is apparently still in the early stages, okay how can the game be early in development if Konami recently confirmed Silent Hill 8 will be due next year? I would of thought a lot of the game is in place by now. I can see a delay coming if the title is still early in development.
Well this depends on what they mean by early. Too early to debut to the public for instance, doesn't mean they don't have a lot done. Also this interview itself could've been conducted a long while back and only released now. Besides when Konami said SH8 will be due out next year, that means at best it's a late 2011 title, so there's still an entire year of development left.

As another example, Team ICO has been working on the Last Guardian for a loooong time now, and all they've done in that time is get the engine, graphics, animation systems, gameplay mechanics locked down which is why they haven't been showing much else of the game. They haven't really done much on the actual game story itself. But now that the groundwork is out of the way, they're going full steam ahead on just creating the game and it's due out in 2011. So it depends on how the developer works. They can nail down the tech and gameplay concepts and get all the issues out of the way first and then begin creating the story mode, or they can work on everything simultaneously and deal with issues as they come up etc. In the latter case there may always be something to show, but no guarantee of it being the final product, in the early case, you don't have much of anything to show, but when you do it's a more polished product that's more finalized.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

Why is it that every dev team states that they are working with members ofteam silent?...Double Helix stated this and we ended up with homecoming, i believe climax stated this as well and we had SM....when i played Siren Bloodcurse, that was the only game where i felt the TS influence..in atmosphere and in gameplay....homecoming and SM are both watered down versions of the earlier games.

They also say SH2 is the influence? That's good and all, but let it not be to the point to where it ended up with a similar story like homecoming....i want to have high hopes for this game, it just seems that right before they release a game, dev's really just tell folks what they want to hear....until i see some substantial gameplay, then i can come to that decision...
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

Inspired by Silent Hill 2?

Aww shit, here we go again. . .
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

^ brand new original storyline, with no repeated past plots

You know, you should read the other interview.
Dark Falz
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark Falz »

Yeah, not to mention I think they quoted it wrong. It should be "SH2 being the main inspiration for atmosphere of the game. "

Even then, I only hope they can pull it off properly. But I have faith in em'.

...Or they could make their own and pull it off amazingly, but who knows.
Survival
Just Passing Through

Post by Survival »

People would you please be so kind and read the whole thing. Like Dark Falz already pointed out Silent Hill 2 is the main inspiration for the atmosphere of SH8. He says that they really like the first games and are aiming to create an atmosphere similiar to the ones in them... especially the one in SH2. He says nothing about being inspired by SH2 in general.