Harry's wife died before Cheryl was born?!

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

krakalackin
Gravedigger

Harry's wife died before Cheryl was born?!

Post by krakalackin »

Did a search and didn't find anything so here goes.

We've all seen the intro to Silent Hill where Harry and his wife find Cheryl (photo2), but according to Lost Memories and Silent Hill Chronicle, Harry's wife died 4 years before Cheryl was born. That's funny because Harry's wife is in the open sequence of the game and Harry acknowledges his wife dying after they found Cheryl twice in the game. The first time was when he first spoke with Kauffman and the last time was the third time he talked with Cybil.
This is how the time line should be:

14 Years Ago Alessa was born > 12 Years Ago Claudia was born > 7 Years Ago Cheryl was born > 4 Years Ago Harry's wife dies

Anyway, thought I this error was worth pointing out.
Last edited by krakalackin on 19 Oct 2010, edited 1 time in total.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Re: Harry's wife died before Cheryl was born?!

Post by alone in the town »

She died four years before the first Silent Hill. The reference is to the protagonist of Silent Hill 3, whose real name is also Cheryl. 'Heather' is a name she assumed to protect her identity.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It's an error on the editor's part. Mrs. Mason died four years before Silent Hill; or, when Cheryl was three years old.

Also, Lost Memories and Silent Hill Chronicle are the same thing. The book is called Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

alone in the town wrote:She died four years before the first Silent Hill.
I understand that. I posted to show those who haven't seen this mistake
alone in the town wrote:The reference is to the protagonist of Silent Hill 3, whose real name is also Cheryl. 'Heather' is a name she assumed to protect her identity.
Yes I understand the Alessa + Cheryl = Heather
The Adversary wrote:It's an error on the editor's part. Mrs. Mason died four years before Silent Hill; or, when Cheryl was three years old.
I know it's an error. I just couldn't believe as much time I've spent on those sites that I had never noticed it before.
The Adversary wrote:Also, Lost Memories and Silent Hill Chronicle are the same thing. The book is called Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle.
I know. I singled out each site because neither one of them edit or correct the error. What I would like to know is if the sites have different owners/editors.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

krakalackin wrote: Yes I understand the Alessa + Cheryl = Heather
Nope, Heather is a fake name; even Douglas ask Heather if she will use her real name again in the end of Silent Hill 3...

Alessa + Cheryl = Complete Alessa who dies and reborn as Cheryl Mason who starts use the fake name after Harry realizes that the Order is searching for her again...
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I singled out each site because neither one of them edit or correct the error.<
The translator provided a note at the end of the "Alessa's History" section:
(note: Although the timeline indicates that Harry's wife passed away four years before Cheryl was born, this seems to contradict what we know about the chronology of events in Silent Hill. I think it's likely that this is a simple oversight on the part of whoever compiled the timeline—it seems that Harry's wife died a few years after Cheryl was found, not before.)
>What I would like to know is if the sites have different owners/editors.<
The translation of Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle on TranslatedMemories.com and silenthillchronicle.net are the same, by wallofdeath.

silenthillchronicle.net was created by wallofdeath. TranslatedMemories.com was created by alternatecoppa and Dr. Loomis.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

KageReneko wrote:
krakalackin wrote: Yes I understand the Alessa + Cheryl = Heather
Nope, Heather is a fake name; even Douglas ask Heather if she will use her real name again in the end of Silent Hill 3...

Alessa + Cheryl = Complete Alessa who dies and reborn as Cheryl Mason who starts use the fake name after Harry realizes that the Order is searching for her again...
Facepalm... I know Heather is Alessa.
The Adversary wrote: The translator provided a note at the end of the "Alessa's History" section:
(note: Although the timeline indicates that Harry's wife passed away four years before Cheryl was born, this seems to contradict what we know about the chronology of events in Silent Hill. I think it's likely that this is a simple oversight on the part of whoever compiled the timeline—it seems that Harry's wife died a few years after Cheryl was found, not before.)
>What I would like to know is if the sites have different owners/editors.<
The translation of Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle on TranslatedMemories.com and silenthillchronicle.net are the same, by wallofdeath.

silenthillchronicle.net was created by wallofdeath. TranslatedMemories.com was created by alternatecoppa and Dr. Loomis.
Crap I never read that. Thanks Adversary
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

Isn't Cheryl not even their daughter? I thought she was found in a grave yard by Harry and his wife.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^Yes. I think he was confused about specific dates. It's fixed now, at least.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I don't think it's specific where Cheryl was found, the intro shows them picking her up on the side of a road. The background does look like a graveyard though....
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Who the fuck goes strolling through graveyards?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Uhm.. A lot of people do.. Right? It's not just me is it?
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^I used to do rubbings of gravestones, then I kinda grew out of it.
There's something peaceful about being among the dead. You read their final resting places, and almost feel like you knew them.

Also...If I found a baby in a graveyard, I would definitely rescue it. Probably adopt it.
I could've sworn that it said somewhere that Cheryl was found somewhere between SH and Brahams, but I know I'm just remembering incorrectly.
I never go by any of the supplemental material, and I get bit in the ass for it. I try to let the games speak for themselves.
Really SUCKS when I'm trying to defend myself against you guys. <3
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It doesn't look like a cemetery.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^The thing in the lower left side of the screen kinda looked like a tombstone to me, lol.
Did Harry tell Cybil they found her "on the side of the road," or was he more specific?
(I don't remember. I don't think he was.)

Haoie
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Haoie »

So when it comes to babies, it's finders keepers, eh?
If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

The entire intro vid can be seen frame by frame(more or less). No, it isn't a cemetery. It doesn't show much of anything, but tree branches behind them.
Harry: I’m not sure myself, but you know… Cheryl isn’t my biological daughter. I actually haven’t told her yet. She probably already knows anyway, though. We found her abandoned on the side of the highway. Nobody knew where she came from. We didn’t have any kids of our own, my wife was sick and it didn’t look like she was getting any better. So we took Cheryl in.
I have seen cemeteries on the sides of streets, but never highways.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

I gotta admit tho...when i first saw that opening sequence, i initially thought they were in a cemetery as well...and isn't it funny how both Harry and James both had sick wives? and they both died?....hmmm...did they ever say the name of harry's wife?....was it actually *drumroll*....Mary?!!...maybe she was trying to get her freak on before she kicked the bucket, cheating and getting smashed by both Harry and James...:D

SPOILER(for SH2)......................and the real reason James killed Mary was because he found out that mary was cheatin' on him...:mrgreen:
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

The name of Harry's wife is never given in the game.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

It is never given anywhere. Not sure why, though. Guess they figured she was such a obscure character that has no real use, I suppose. IDK.