Missing People

Poor Alex ... his momma don't seem to like him much. We wonder why in here ...

Moderator: Moderators

Emerion
Just Passing Through

Missing People

Post by Emerion »

I have searched this forum but didn't find anything.
So...
Why are these people missing from Shepherd town? Does it have something
to do with the cult?
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: Missing People

Post by Tabris »

They kidnap people. Then from what I understand, they inflict a severe amount of pain on the flesh to 'purify' it from the sins.

Then they turn the bodies into generic looking models and leave them around in random places for you to find.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

...Have you finished the game?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

The UFO ending in canon....

Just kidding!

See you in...whenever...guyz! I'm outy.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Emerion
Just Passing Through

Post by Emerion »

lol Yeah I finished the game but didn't fully understand why they exactly kidnap people.

Now I know the cult were kidnapping people and "purify" them lol.
Nyarlathotep
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Holloway and her followers were kidnapping and torturing them. They either agreed to convert to the old ways or were killed. The "Order Soldiers"? They're the missing townspeople.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

The "Order Soldiers"? They're the missing townspeople.
Of course this is just a theory. In the game we never hear/find/see anything about the missing people being the soldiers.

If that's the case then why all the soldiers are men? Where are the missing childs? And the missing women? What about 'em?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's pretty simple. Because the sacrifice of the children went wrong, everything pretty much went to hell (figuratively and semi-literally), and Holloway was like "Well, shit, in order to appease God, we should go back to the old religion, since the Sacrifices were basically to get permission to have our own faith."

So she starts converting people to the original Order, kidnapping everyone from Shepherd's Glenn. Anyone who won't convert gets killed. The idea was that once everyone was faithful to God again, they would hopefully be allowed to back to the real world.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

^I assume you're talking with Emerion, eh?
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

Mephisto wrote:^I assume you're talking with Emerion, eh?

Nope...looks like he was referring to you....discuss.... 8)
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

To Mephisto's question about why all the soldiers are men: Women and children are not good fighters to send kidnapping and murdering people. Either all the women and children are dead, or they're sequestered somewhere in Silent Hill Alex didn't visit.

I can totally imagine Holloway killing any kids still around to spare them the horrors of hell.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

clips wrote: Nope...looks like he was referring to you....discuss.... 8)
AuraTwilight is a dude? Didn't see that coming. I don't pay enough attention...

I don't understand how this thread got into this part. I read through, and I still don't think I understand what everyone is trying to say. But I agree with that last post.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Ondine
Just Passing Through

Post by Ondine »

SilentWren wrote:
clips wrote: Nope...looks like he was referring to you....discuss.... 8)

I don't understand how this thread got into this part. I read through, and I still don't think I understand what everyone is trying to say. But I agree with that last post.
Oh wow, I thought for sure they were a chick. Maybe just because the avi (and I'm still new here).
"Shut your stinking mouth, bitch!"
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

AuraTwilight wrote:To Mephisto's question about why all the soldiers are men: Women and children are not good fighters to send kidnapping and murdering people. Either all the women and children are dead, or they're sequestered somewhere in Silent Hill Alex didn't visit.

I can totally imagine Holloway killing any kids still around to spare them the horrors of hell.
I haven't thought about that. Good point, but I don't think all the women are dead.
They might be lurking inside another place like you said but as far as the child thing goes, all of 'em might be dead because of Margaret, Curtis and others.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Yes, I'm a dude.

Don't worry, people think I'm a girl in real life, too, and I'm not even a crossdresser. D:
I haven't thought about that. Good point, but I don't think all the women are dead.
They might be lurking inside another place like you said but as far as the child thing goes, all of 'em might be dead because of Margaret, Curtis and others.
There's a possibility that the women are fighting in mining suits, too. It's not like you can really tell, and not every Order member speaks outloud.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I personally subscribe to the "convert or kill" and that the converted become the order soldiers theory.
Tabris wrote:Then they turn the bodies into generic looking models and leave them around in random places for you to find.
I lol'd.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Emerion wrote:lol Yeah I finished the game but didn't fully understand why they exactly kidnap people.

They killed people as offerings to their god. They weren't purifying them at all.
Just sacrifices.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

helldescent wrote:
Emerion wrote:lol Yeah I finished the game but didn't fully understand why they exactly kidnap people.

They killed people as offerings to their god. They weren't purifying them at all.
Just sacrifices.
I think the only ones that were killed as offerings were the children of the founding families.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I personally subscribe to the "convert or kill" and that the converted become the order soldiers theory.
It's not really a theory. The game makes it 100% clear that this is what's going on.

There were no sacrifices aside from the four children. It's a purification thing.
0uiled
Just Passing Through

Post by 0uiled »

Even if this topic is old I believe the missing people aren't missing but are in the real world.
The real missing people are the characters themselves.
Silent Hill is like a living thing and the fans are it's blood.
Silent Hill will lose blood time to time but it won't die that easily.
It can still make new blood.