Why couldn't The Order just kill Travis? (SPOILERS, gents)

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

StagBeetle
Just Passing Through

Re: Why couldn't The Order just kill Travis? (SPOILERS, gent

Post by StagBeetle »

Not everything has to have a deep explanation to it. If the protagonist was killed off half-way through, it wouldn't really be much of a game.
Fjaa
Fjaa
Fj
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

AuraTwilight wrote:Or Helen really is in there (Though that doesn't mean he fought the actual Helen, they're in different dimensions).
You're saying that it was maybe another patient in that cell? ..but still, not shure how Lisa sees Helen in there..
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

No, I'm saying it's Helen in there. It's just that Travis didn't see her. Remember, Helen would be in the real world (as in the actual, populated Sanitarium), and Travis is in the Otherworld where there are monsters, and shit. So he faces not the actual Helen, but a monster based off of his memories.

As for Lisa, she exists in the real world. It's just that she and Travis are able to see each other and communicate.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SHF

Post by SHF »

So you think travis is in this functioning sanitatium, crazly swinging away at monsters he only can see?
Helen was admitted there years ago. The only thing that remains, are the memories that manifest there.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm saying he's in the Otherworld, that overlaps with the real sanitarium. Only people like Dahlia, Kauffman, and Lisa can see him. Incase you missed the memo, places in Silent Hill aren't actually abandoned.

And of course she was admitted there years ago. But that doesn't mean she's dead; she could've just aged. I guarantee Helen is there, because Lisa sees her, and Lisa is in the real world. These are both facts.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SHF

Post by SHF »

I guarantee Helen is there, because Lisa sees her, and Lisa is in the real world. These are both facts.

^ Thats true. Actually, i remember before i entered Dr. Harris' office, i heard people talking in there. So your actually right.
Im just implying that Helen's memories are there in the sanitarium. And the fact that Travis wakes up on the bench right before he leaves the place, indicates it was a dream. Not reality.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Lisa is in the real world. [. . .] fact.<
Evidence?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Im just implying that Helen's memories are there in the sanitarium. And the fact that Travis wakes up on the bench right before he leaves the place, indicates it was a dream. Not reality.
That's fine. I'm just saying that Helen is alive in the real world, and Travis didn't encounter her.
Evidence?
Her behavior.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Awkward and confused means she's in the real world? Doesn't Travis act awkward and confused?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

She's crying and sobbing and speaking about Helen, gesturing toward her cell and speaking about her in the present tense. She doesn't acknowledge any monsters or anything off at all, not even commenting on places being empty as hell. She just goes about her general business unawares.

And I don't care what you say, no one's going to be able to have such wild sex in the Otherworld like that. She's clearly treating it as a normal motel.

That, and we have to question of why she would be in the Otherworld to begin with, when she has literally zero reason to be there. (Even if we concede she was in the Misty World by default, how the hell did she get into the Dark World before the Helen boss fight?)
SHF

Post by SHF »

So lisa was allowed to just walk right into the isolation room in the sanitarium?
Dont you think its odd that dahlia and lisa are allowed to to wonder around there?
Most sanitariums don't allow such behavior. Thats whats confusing about that scene with Lisa telling travis he knows who is in that room...
Unless somehow Lisa found out about travis' past, and she never actually sees helen.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

AuraTwilight wrote:She's crying and sobbing and speaking about Helen, gesturing toward her cell and speaking about her in the present tense. She doesn't acknowledge any monsters or anything off at all, not even commenting on places being empty as hell. She just goes about her general business unawares.

And I don't care what you say, no one's going to be able to have such wild sex in the Otherworld like that. She's clearly treating it as a normal motel.

That, and we have to question of why she would be in the Otherworld to begin with, when she has literally zero reason to be there. (Even if we concede she was in the Misty World by default, how the hell did she get into the Dark World before the Helen boss fight?)
All of that is true.. but you got to consider the fact that she is drugged, maybe not all the time.. but still.. and she's totally misleaded by Kauffman. I'm sure he feeds her with bullshit, drugs all the same time, so it's hard to say if she's seeing Travis' or Alessa's world.. Alessa may be also starting to have some influence over Lisa in Origins. So.. Lisa is totally confused.. you can see by her behavior.. the mood swings.. She's not taken over so much by this Otherworld, but I also don't believe she's a big friend of reality too..
helldescent wrote:So lisa was allowed to just walk right into the isolation room in the sanitarium?
She is a nurse. There are nurses in madhouses too.. + she was called by dr.K. to go there.
helldescent wrote:Dont you think its odd that dahlia and lisa are allowed to to wonder around there?
Dahlia is a cult member, hospitals were involved in it, so sanitariums should be too..
helldescent wrote: Thats whats confusing about that scene with Lisa telling travis he knows who is in that room...
Unless somehow Lisa found out about travis' past, and she never actually sees helen.
True, how the hell does she know about it? Did Helen told here, she must had known somehow about what she wants..maybe they had spoken a bit.. or it was simply oblivous.. Helen was all mad.. jumpin' around, yellin', writing in blood "BRING ME MY BOY!"
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's not like Lisa couldn't just....ask, or something. Or be told by someone else. "Hey, Lisa, go take this thing to over there." She goes, "Who's this?" "This would be Helen Grady." Exposition Dump. Cue the scene where Travis finds Lisa.
SHF

Post by SHF »

]She is a nurse. There are nurses in madhouses too.. + she was called by dr.K. to go there.

^ there is no proof that lisa was called to the sanitarium
helldescent wrote:Dont you think its odd that dahlia and lisa are allowed to to wonder around there?
Dahlia is a cult member, hospitals were involved in it, so sanitariums should be too..
helldescent wrote:
There is no proof that the sanitarium was involved with the cult at all.
Alchemilla hospital, dahlia and dr. kauffman were involved with the cult.
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

helldescent wrote:She is a nurse. There are nurses in madhouses too.. + she was called by dr.K. to go there.

^ there is no proof that lisa was called to the sanitarium
Actually, the first time we meet Lisa, she says she's going to Ceder Grove because Kaufmann asked her.
Doctor Kaufmann wants me to meet him in Ceder Grove, he'll be mad if I'm late.
SHF

Post by SHF »

So then why dont we see him in the sanitarium?
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

It's just what Lisa says to Travis. Who knows if she was actually telling the truth.

Edit: Found proof, although it's poor quality, this video from YouTube shows the cutscene. At around 1:09 Lisa mentions needing to go to Ceder Grove.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I always figured Kauffman met Lisa there, told her what to do, and got out of there before Travis even showed up, considering they can just walk and/or drive there like a normal person and Travis is forced to take these stupid detours.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

Yes, Kauffman is like dragging her all around town deliberately: first he calls her to come to Cedar Grove; she's also in the motel with him; we can assume that he made her go to the theater.. he REALLY wants her to be in all those places.