Let's cast Silent Hill Revelation

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Re: Let's cast Silent Hill Revelation

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^ I had been searching about the new movie and never got a dang thing, then I randomly look on Facebook about someone talking about the new movie. I was like, "I JUST SEARCHED THIS INFO YESTERDAY WTF?" Haha, anyway...I think Jodelle would do a good job,though I doubt they'll have her in this one, just because I've noticed that people like to switch actors on roles (this is why I did not watch the third "Mummy" movie, haha).
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

The third Mummy movie was more along the lines of "we can't pay an Oscar winner enough to return for this sequel (which has nothing to do with mummies) so let's get an actress who portrays the character completely differently."

Back on topic, I wouldn't mid seeing Kim Coates return as Officer Gucci, if they can work him into the story well enough, make him less of a filler character.

EDIT: Doug Jones should play Valtiel, no question. After all, he's already played this creepy motherfucker to perfection:
Pitus
Just Passing Through

Post by Pitus »

well i saw this on lesbiangamers.com (accidentally opened the site while looking up for details about the movie.)

i think her name is Frankie Alan (dont know the real name) from from the TV series Lip Service.
big resemblance, huh?
"Good times for a change.. See, the luck I've had can make a good man turn bad.. So please, please, please, let me, let me, let me, let me get what I want this time... *tininininininiwniiiw, tinininiinininiw*"
the Rook
Just Passing Through

Post by the Rook »

I second the Saoroise Ronan vote but Paige is a close second.

Maybe Saoirse Ronan for Heather.

ImageImageImage[/quote]
the Rook 93-93/93
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^I agree with the Doug Jones suggestion! I love Pan's Labyrinth and he did such an amazing job as the Faun and the Pale Man (that you have pictured).

Frankie Alan looks like a good possible Heather, she reminds me of Keira Knightly (sp?). I think Ronan is a bit too young, atleast in appearance, to portray Heather. I think someone who looks very much like a young adult, like Alan does, would be better suited for the role.

OT: I really hope that they have a Valtiel in the film, it would just make the film so much better.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
LuLu
Gravedigger

Post by LuLu »

Apparently Michael Bassett actually wanted us to cast Heather for the second movie. :)

It seems that comments are closed now, though. :( Oh well, still worth a look to see who people want as her:

http://michaeljbassett.wordpress.com/20 ... g-heather/
"It's a bit far... but closer than heaven!"
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

*cough*thecommentingisclosed*cough*
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
LuLu
Gravedigger

Post by LuLu »

That's what I said, if you actually read my post. :P I said it's still worth a look to see who MAY be cast as Heather anyway.
"It's a bit far... but closer than heaven!"
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Oooooooohhhhhh......*nods to self* "Oopsie."

I'm glad there were so many other people who suggested Ellen Page. Though the Beyonce one was kinda disrespectful. He's got better things to do than read spam. Can you get someone's e-mail off that comment? I'd like to give that guy a piece of my mind. A juicy piece.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Ergh... We're still all posting pictures of people with short blonde hair and comparing people's faces with Heather's? Come on guys, we're fans of SILENT HILL, not Resident Evil... Our franchise is so much deeper than this, and we're being all superficial. We need somebody who can portray a tormented teenager pushed to the edge, I don't care if she doesn't even look remotely like her.

The girl who played Sharon... She grew up pretty bloody quickly! Where does the time go these days? Still, re-hiring grown up child actors for continuity's sake isn't always the best idea, as is evidenced in the Harry Potter series where (in my opinion) Ron has the only good actor now, so they should see how she acts now as an adult first really.

...You know what - photos aren't going to do this justice. THIS is why Scout Taylor-Compton should be Heather: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuvyIghRV68

(And a trailer for good measure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXkcgqmKZ2Y)
Moosefrenzy wrote:
DistantJ wrote:

I would really love to see Sheryl Lee as Heather, after her amazing portrayal of the similarly tormented Laura Palmer in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, but she's probably looking too old to play a teenager now since Twin Peaks was nearly 10 years ago... So instead, I'm going to say Scout Taylor-Compton. She proved she can be a great 'scream queen' in Rob Zombie's Halloween, but in the rather bizarre, Lynch-esque Halloween II she's a real show-stopper, portraying this tormented girl, trying desperately to hold onto her innocence as she discovers she's not who she thought she was all along. Even if you're one of the people who hated this or both of Rob Zombie's Halloweens, you can probably appreciate how damn good a job she did, I'd love to see her take on Silent Hill.

If Scout was in a Silent Hill movie I would go wild with excitement. She is one of my favorite actresses. Such a nice girl to meet in person too as I have had the pleasure of meeting at an autograph show. She would be an amazing Heather.
Nice post! Also nice to see you with H2 in your avatar, good on yer! It's up to us to stand up for a great movie which gets unduly bashed for being daring and different!
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Magnolia
Just Passing Through

Post by Magnolia »

Frankie Alan
Frankie AlanFrankie Alan
Frankie AlanFrankie AlanFrankie Alan EPIC FIND. WE MUST SOMEHOW HAVE HER CASTED IMMEDIATELY.
Image Image
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Cillian Murphy as Vincent would be cool if Vincent is in the movie.
neotoko
Just Passing Through

Post by neotoko »

How about emma stone? Anyone else think she has what it takes to be Heather? I would also like to see Jeff Goldblum as Father Vincent he seems able to fit the part.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^Jeff Goldblume is a pretty good actor, but he's so tall, how would they crop the scenes?

He could definitely pull off a more charismatic Vincent, but he'd have to be sitting down the whole movie. :D

I wonder if Vincent is going to be in the movie? Or Douglas?
I don't even want to imagine what it's going to be like when we finally get a trailer...
This section is going to EXPLODE with speculation. <3

neotoko
Just Passing Through

Post by neotoko »

you think Jeff Goldblum is too tall, well I think Ellen Paige is to short. ^-^
Anyway the idea occured to me while watching jurassic park (the first one) where he says "life will find a way" and i just started to imagine him saying vincent's line "they look like monsters to you?"
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Goldblum would be an interesting choice, but it would be a bit difficult to get him away from Law & Order. Another nearly impossible dream/interesting choice would be Daniel Radcliffe. I'd like to see him play creepy.
xbriannova
Just Passing Through

Post by xbriannova »

KiramidHead wrote:Goldblum would be an interesting choice, but it would be a bit difficult to get him away from Law & Order. Another nearly impossible dream/interesting choice would be Daniel Radcliffe. I'd like to see him play creepy.
Daniel Radcliffe did have his creepy moments haha, like when he's speaking in parseltongue or when he got possessed by Lord Voldermort haha, though... To me, its not really creepy haha. It might be to some, but the acting's well done.
neotoko
Just Passing Through

Post by neotoko »

Radcliffe is a little young to play Vincent maybe he could play robbie the rabbit
Cake
Just Passing Through

Post by Cake »

Ethos wrote:Image

Cillian Murphy, Vincent. If they decide to. I think many years ago people voiced the exact same opinion. Not so sure if they still have it.
This, this, THIS! He'd be a perfect Vincent, I could totally see him getting into character brilliantly. Cillian has played a range of great, strange, and wonderful characters :3 he'd easily pull it off.

I think if Brittany Murphy were still alive, she'd be a great Heather; maybe a little old - but great nonetheless. She had the ability to play teen characters, despite being 32. I also think Sienna Miller would be a great choice ^^
Last edited by Cake on 09 Dec 2010, edited 1 time in total.
neotoko
Just Passing Through

Post by neotoko »

hey what about sam neil as father vincent? i looked at his wikipedia picture and he looks like he could play the part pretty well both visually and uh....actingly? Don't know the right word for it but what are your thoughts?