Alessa looked pretty generic in this game, don't ya think?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Did Alessa look cheezy in this game?

Yeah, very cheap.
51%
No, she looked the usual.
22%
I really don't care
19%
I honestly didn't notice...
8%

Total votes: 78

Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Re: Alessa looked pretty generic in this game, don't ya thin

Post by Harrys_Girl »

No worries, I was just looking for the post to see where I made that N00B mistake. :wink:
SHF

Post by SHF »

She looks fine, its just repetitive how she always takes the flauros pieces and stares at travis
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

mikefile wrote:
Harrys_Girl wrote:Alessa is the dark side, and Cheryl is the light side, but before Cheryl, Alessa was innocent.
Agree, but.. I'm not sure to what part of Alessa in Origins are you reffering; 'cause the one we see all the time in the mirrors, and after deafeting bosses, was the dark side of Alessa, while the one Travis saves from the fire is the "real" Alessa, the one that created her + Cheryl.
I was the one who said that, to end the confusion, and I can see what you mean and you just made me like Origins a little bit better. In a way the mirrors show Alessa's transformation from light to dark, enhanced by Travis's negative feelings. In a way, Travis may well have helped create the Otherworld which we see in SH1.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

It's why they called it Origins..
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Doctor Eggnog wrote:I was the one who said that, to end the confusion, and I can see what you mean and you just made me like Origins a little bit better. In a way the mirrors show Alessa's transformation from light to dark, enhanced by Travis's negative feelings. In a way, Travis may well have helped create the Otherworld which we see in SH1.
If you consider it canon, then yes. Travis *did* help create everything in SH1, but because of all the plot holes and jumping around the game does, most people wouldn't consider it canon, but simply a fan project that got major funding.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

It could be a lot worse. She could have gotten the Chris Redfield treatment, but I digress.

I didn't see anything particularly "evil" about Origins Alessa. Maybe I'm missing something, but it's always possible that she was deliberately that she was trying to look as mean as she could in order to scare the other characters.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^I don't understand why she would be trying to scare the other characters, though.

There was no reason for her to seem so cold. You remember the "stairs" scene, right? That was some crazy shit. Her astral projection was being very intimidating and emotionless. The closest thing to 'caring' she was towards Travis was during the good ending when she....didn't scare him in his rear view mirror, I guess.

Srsly, no matter what issues I had with that game, that was a great ending. Something about it gave me closure.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

KiramidHead wrote:It could be a lot worse. She could have gotten the Chris Redfield treatment, but I digress.
Chris wasn't the worst makeover for RE5. Jill doesn't look a thing like her former self and Wesker looks like crap...
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Jill looked a lot like Fiona Belli, which is just wrong on so many levels. I didn't mind Wesker, although the making him dress like Neo bit was kind of idiotic.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

The character design looks pretty different between SH0 and SH1 but this isn't the first time that it happens...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
ImageImage
And RE0 just happens a couple of hours before RE1; the game designers don't bother about the character appearance, they just want to show new stuff...

I don't bother Alessa's design in SH0, at least she looks to have her age; in SH1 Alessa looked like 30 and Cheryl looked like 15...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
ImageImageImage
Hmm... The spoiler box doesn't seem to work...
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

I don't know if generic is the word I would use. I mean, she looked like a little girl, but I agree, not the same girl I have been accustomed to seeing. Oh, the decisions these gamemakers make! Visually, a lot could have been done to improve that game, especially on the PS2 version. But for the PSP, I was very satisfied with the overall appearrance. Maybe she'll look like the old model if we see her again. I hope so. haha
I don't make a signature.
Except for the part of the signature explaining that I don't.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

You want to see her again?

How are people not sick of seeing her? She's been in half the games already, more or less.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Well, she's dead. We won't be seeing her again.

Unless someone in the new SH team is really, really dumb.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

[quote="Harrys_Girl"]She's been in half the games already[/spoiler]
Well, SH3 doesn't really count. Heather was only a reincarnation of Alessa, that doesn't make them exactly the same. (I doubt Alessa had was as sarcastic as Heather.) Memory of Alessa was a manifestation, not the actual character. So that makes for 2 games tops, out of 7.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

^Sooo? It was still Alessa. She was in SH1, SH3 (Yes, that still counts), (mentioned in SH:TR, but I wouldn't really count that), SH:0 and SH:Orphan. Don't think she is in Homecoming, but I wouldn't know. She is quickly approaching PH's meme count.
Video Gamer wrote:Well, she's dead. We won't be seeing her again.

Unless someone in the new SH team is really, really dumb.

I can only pray they all think the same way you do. I see another Alessa, Ima punch a baby. Or a toddler. There is a 2 yr. old somewhere around here....
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

^ She's also in the movie. If you want to include the cell-phone game, you might as well include the movie.
Magnolia
Just Passing Through

Post by Magnolia »

She looked fat.

MOD EDIT: SPAM KILLS. Please refrain from adding nonsense if you having nothing worthwhile to add with it.
Image Image
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

Very nice addition Magnolia. LMAO.

And I never said I wanted to see her again, but hey, if we do, I won't be bothered by it... long as the story fits.
I don't make a signature.
Except for the part of the signature explaining that I don't.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
mr. mason
Just Passing Through

Post by mr. mason »

in the cutscenes she looked like young travis with a wig and a dress, i never really saw her as to mean though, she was forcing travis to confront his demons in exchange for him helping her. it seemed cruel but he's a better person cause of it.
Words are our worst enimies, Only actions speak the truth.
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

She looked really evil in my opinion. Not at all like SH1, which was AFTER Origins. That's really weird...I also hated how Kaufmann and Lisa looked. Dahlia didn't bother me because she was a lot younger. I thought Travis was okay-looking though.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.