SH2: Pyramid Head chase on hard mode

Stuck in a Silent Hill game? Seems like there's no way out? Seek help here...

Moderator: Moderators

thebandz
Just Passing Through

SH2: Pyramid Head chase on hard mode

Post by thebandz »

I think this has been posted before, but I'm still having trouble. People say to shoot him at the fence, but that doesn't help at all, and most of the time Maria dies before I even GET to the fence. I run as fast as I can, I even memorized the turns, but she still dies :( How do I get past this part?
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Re: SH2: Pyramid Head chase on hard mode

Post by KageReneko »

Equip the plank or the pipe and walk backwards to the elevator (Always facing Pymie); you must advance very slowly hitting Pymie once when he gets closer and using his hit reaction to advance a couple of steps to the elevator...
Kenji
Historical Society Historian

Post by Kenji »

Unfortunately, what KageReneko described is how I had to do it. I had to wedge myself between PH and Maria and beat the former senselessly for an hour and a half as he pushed both of us toward the elevator. Corners gave me chills, especially after I passed the forty-five-minute mark.

Honestly, this was not a triumph of game design on Team Silent's part...

(bonus points for me: I got the Maria Ending, that playthrough)

This sequence, by the way, is the sole reason why I haven't played SH2 on Hard, since.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

The much-easier strategy is as such:
  • Shoot him ten times with the handgun when he first appears, counting carefully so that James does not reload the pistol automatically.
  • Reload manually in the menu.
  • Run until you reach the part where the hallway doubles-back on itself. It's a long part where the hallway is shaped like a C.
  • Shoot him ten more times.
  • Run like hell.
  • Profit.
Works every time.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

That's The Adversary's Guaranteed Method.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
alone in the town

Indeed.

This is asked so often, it should be stickied.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Kenji wrote:Unfortunately, what KageReneko described is how I had to do it. I had to wedge myself between PH and Maria and beat the former senselessly for an hour and a half as he pushed both of us toward the elevator. Corners gave me chills, especially after I passed the forty-five-minute mark.

Honestly, this was not a triumph of game design on Team Silent's part...

(bonus points for me: I got the Maria Ending, that playthrough)

This sequence, by the way, is the sole reason why I haven't played SH2 on Hard, since.
Well, that was the only way that I could beat that section of the game, I tried using the gun but it didn't work... I know this is a SLOOOOOOOOOW method but it works; I'd love to have a savefile at the hospital in hard mode... Or any difficulty level... All my savefiles are at the hotel; one for each ending...
thebandz
Just Passing Through

Post by thebandz »

I'm gonna try "alone in the town"'s idea because I'm not gonna spend an hour to get past this one section XD I not able to play ATM but when I do, I'll tell you how it goes
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

An hour? The slowest you can do is 5-10 minutes!!
thebandz
Just Passing Through

Post by thebandz »

That's really all it takes? I wonder why it took Kenji 45 minutes
thebandz
Just Passing Through

Post by thebandz »

alone in the town wrote:The much-easier strategy is as such:
  • Shoot him ten times with the handgun when he first appears, counting carefully so that James does not reload the pistol automatically.
  • Reload manually in the menu.
  • Run until you reach the part where the hallway doubles-back on itself. It's a long part where the hallway is shaped like a C.
  • Shoot him ten more times.
  • Run like hell.
  • Profit.
Works every time.
Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU!!! :mrgreen: this worked second try! (first time I accidentally shot Maria XD)
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

thebandz wrote:That's really all it takes? I wonder why it took Kenji 45 minutes
Maybe because he was making Pymie pushing Jimbo and Maria instead of walk backwards... It doesn't matter since you already surpassed that area...
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

KageReneko wrote:
thebandz wrote:That's really all it takes? I wonder why it took Kenji 45 minutes
Maybe because he was making Pymie pushing Jimbo and Maria instead of walk backwards... It doesn't matter since you already surpassed that area...
Precisely.

Keep in mind that I also was aiming for the Maria Ending, so I couldn't afford to let her get hit even once. Especially by Pyramid Head. So, I kept him occupied for every square inch of that hallway.
thebandz
Just Passing Through

Post by thebandz »

Kenji wrote:
KageReneko wrote:
Precisely.

Keep in mind that I also was aiming for the Maria Ending, so I couldn't afford to let her get hit even once. Especially by Pyramid Head. So, I kept him occupied for every square inch of that hallway.
On Normal she got hit TONS of times in this section but I still got the Maria ending :P Damn dude, your determination is AMAZING :mrgreen:
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you THANK YOU!<
Told ya.

If it don't work the first time, you did it wrong. I guarantee it.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

I tried ryantology's strategy , Shot him 10 times ,reloaded in the menu ran to the C shaped hallway but as soon as I got there I heard maria's scream when she dies.. So this is what I did
•Shoot him 10 times(reload in menu) when he shows up and run to the next corner and stop and shoot another clip just be careful cause of the camera angle you won't be able to see maria so before you shoot check for maria first cause she has a habit of getting in the way, so anyways keep doing that till you get to the C shaped hallway and shoot the last clip and take the turn and run like hell! Maria shouldn't get hit.so basically I did almost the same thing Ryantology said I just had to stop every corner and shoot. This was done in hard mode.
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

That's a waste of ammo. Seriously, I came up with this strategy for hard difficulty and it has never failed.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Butcher Incarnate
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Butcher Incarnate »

The Adversary wrote:That's a waste of ammo. Seriously, I came up with this strategy for hard difficulty and it has never failed.
Yea it is but, you cant waste more than 40 rounds, and besides you really don't need pistol ammo for the final , the rifle does just fine and probably just need the pistol for tight spaces .
Last edited by Butcher Incarnate on 26 Mar 2012, edited 1 time in total.
When Death Comes, It Comes For All.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

My point is you can easily advance by only unloading on the r.p.t. twice—at the very beginning and through the fence.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
alone in the town

If you're playing without he bullet adjust, 40 rounds may prove dangerously wasteful.