Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 21 Sep 2018




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: serial killer in the woods?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 25 Sep 2007
Notes left: 945
in the woods level, you find a cabin next to a parked truck (the "how am I driving" truck) that has blood on the door, a bloody jacket near it and a trail of blood leading to a hole in the ground (where the killer dumps the bodies?)

does this mean that there's a serial killer in the woods? I thought it was really creepy how there's no other reference to that save for the cabin


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: serial killer in the woods?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3535
The way I see it, Cheryl witnessed a murder and hid the body/dragged it towards the hole in the cabin (the icy fishing hole). The girl in the text message, involved in some sort of "accident", could have been the girl murdered.


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: Re: serial killer in the woods?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 25 Sep 2007
Notes left: 945
but why would Cheryl be in the woods?


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: serial killer in the woods?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 29 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2301
Because she was hanging out with her friends there.

_________________
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: Re: serial killer in the woods?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 25 Sep 2007
Notes left: 945
helldescent wrote:
Because she was hanging out with her friends there.


oh, I see


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: serial killer in the woods?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Dec 2010
Notes left: 158
simeonalo wrote:
The way I see it, Cheryl witnessed a murder and hid the body/dragged it towards the hole in the cabin (the icy fishing hole). The girl in the text message, involved in some sort of "accident", could have been the girl murdered.


I agree with this. I think she hid the body because she didn't want to be accused by the cops, seeing as how she was coincidentally hanging around in the forest. Just a guess. I don't really have much evidence.

_________________
Wolfwood: Oh yeah, I almost forgot. "Go with the grace and protection of the Lord." It's the usual mantra for the big hero.
Vash the Stampede: Does it work?
Wolfwood: That depends entirely on you.
Vash the Stampede: Some mantra...

-Trigun


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: serial killer in the woods?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Guys, it wasn't a serial murder. The party got wild and a girl accidentally died. Cue everyone going "OHSHIT" and dumping the body in an "I know what you did last summer" scenario.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: serial killer in the woods?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Dec 2010
Notes left: 158
Now somebody tells me! >=(

_________________
Wolfwood: Oh yeah, I almost forgot. "Go with the grace and protection of the Lord." It's the usual mantra for the big hero.
Vash the Stampede: Does it work?
Wolfwood: That depends entirely on you.
Vash the Stampede: Some mantra...

-Trigun


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: serial killer in the woods?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 14 Dec 2010
Notes left: 63
Last seen at: New Jersey
I was really slow on picking up the fact that someone died at the party. At first I thought the blood was there just to be disturbing.

But yeah, it was an accident.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: serial killer in the woods?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Dec 2010
Notes left: 158
I wonder how it happened though. Was the kid drunk and jumped off from a high height and land on his/her head? Was here a knife involved? How was this moment relevant enough to Cheryl for her to express the scenery for Harry to witness? Maybe it's to represent her fear of death...

I also find it interesting how the roles are switched fromSilent Hill 2 to this game, where you play as the manifestation (Maria > Harry) instead of the projector of that manifestation (James > Cheryl).

_________________
Wolfwood: Oh yeah, I almost forgot. "Go with the grace and protection of the Lord." It's the usual mantra for the big hero.
Vash the Stampede: Does it work?
Wolfwood: That depends entirely on you.
Vash the Stampede: Some mantra...

-Trigun


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject: Re: serial killer in the woods?

Missing since: 20 Jun 2010
Notes left: 1626
PIE!!! wrote:
How was this moment relevant enough to Cheryl for her to express the scenery for Harry to witness?

I think it would be traumatic for anyone to witness a death, regardless of whether or not it was murder or accident, friend or stranger. SM is full of seemingly irrelevant things, but they're there because they left a lasting impression on Cheryl. An example would be the guy at the high school that decided to par take in a little bit of erotic asphyxiation. Why throw that in as well if it didn't affect Cheryl in some way? Now that I think about it, her life seems to involve an awful lot of death... o_O Kaufmann had better watch out...

Question; is this accidental death connected with that echo photo found near the sleeping bag in the woods? If I remember correctly there's three different version; one of a woman screaming, one of a woman seemingly drowning, and...I forget the other. Admittedly they did kind of look like Cheryl, but I think they were followed with a strange message.
Also, would this death be connected to that phone call/message thing Harry gets near the phone at the...I think it was a rangers station...


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: serial killer in the woods?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Jan 2005
Notes left: 7376
Last seen at: Couldn't tell you even if I tired
PIE!!! wrote:
I wonder how it happened though. Was the kid drunk and jumped off from a high height and land on his/her head? Was here a knife involved? How was this moment relevant enough to Cheryl for her to express the scenery for Harry to witness? Maybe it's to represent her fear of death....


It was the girl from the phone messages. She was waiting for her mom (in some versions) to come pick her up then she was invited to a party by a couple guys. They gave her something and she had a bad reaction. There is a picture message Harry receives that says she stripped off all her clothes and started running around screaming. The guys probably meant to just quiet her down and got too rough w/ her. As a result, she was killed either from their direct actions or a bad reaction to the drugs given to her. They loaded her up in the car then dumped her in the woods somewhere, as the picture w/n the message shows us.

_________________
Image
The war has begun:
Use your voice today before you no longer have one tomorrow.
World Toilet Organization
I'm like a circle, I'M TOO GOOD FOR CORNERS!!!


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject: Re: serial killer in the woods?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Dec 2010
Notes left: 158
Ah, that clears some things up. Yeah, I'm really bad at connecting all the dots.

Soulless-Shadow wrote:
PIE!!! wrote:
How was this moment relevant enough to Cheryl for her to express the scenery for Harry to witness?

I think it would be traumatic for anyone to witness a death, regardless of whether or not it was murder or accident, friend or stranger. SM is full of seemingly irrelevant things, but they're there because they left a lasting impression on Cheryl. An example would be the guy at the high school that decided to par take in a little bit of erotic asphyxiation. Why throw that in as well if it didn't affect Cheryl in some way? Now that I think about it, her life seems to involve an awful lot of death... o_O Kaufmann had better watch out...


Ah, very good observations. And poor Cheryl. :(

_________________
Wolfwood: Oh yeah, I almost forgot. "Go with the grace and protection of the Lord." It's the usual mantra for the big hero.
Vash the Stampede: Does it work?
Wolfwood: That depends entirely on you.
Vash the Stampede: Some mantra...

-Trigun


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: serial killer in the woods?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Jan 2005
Notes left: 7376
Last seen at: Couldn't tell you even if I tired
PIE!!! wrote:
Ah, that clears some things up. Yeah, I'm really bad at connecting all the dots.


It is an acquired talent. Stick around long enough and we'll learn ya a lot. :wink:

_________________
Image
The war has begun:
Use your voice today before you no longer have one tomorrow.
World Toilet Organization
I'm like a circle, I'M TOO GOOD FOR CORNERS!!!


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: