Ps3 fucks with my game

Have you seen Harry's daughter anywhere? Short, dark hair?

Moderator: Moderators

krakalackin
Gravedigger

Re: Ps3 fucks with my game

Post by krakalackin »

Just finished my first play-through of Silent Hill 1 that I downloaded to my PS3 Slim from the PSN Store. I played half yesterday and last half today and got the good+ ending. The game played perfectly and the only hiccup I noticed was sometimes, when characters where talking, if a character said a one word line the audio would skip that line.
Example:
Harry Says:
"What?"
"What is going on here?!"
You never hear the first "What", you only hear the second line and the caption for both lines are displayed on the screen. This occurred maybe 4 or 5 times. That's it! It never froze or glitched once. You do have to create a virtual PS1 memory card though. Just thought I'd pass this info along to some of you "would be" buyers.
mr. mason
Just Passing Through

Post by mr. mason »

go to the game menu and swich the audio to mono. it helps
Words are our worst enimies, Only actions speak the truth.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

I never knew the ps3 could play ps1 games...is it specific versions or can al ps3 systems play ps1 games?....i have the 40g version....on a side note...i gotta upgrade my harddrive...i've been have to delete game data to load new games i've purchased...i still have the original SH disk,...if i can play that on my ps3, it'd be great.

The only reason i haven't played any of my ps1 games is because i don't have a ps1 memory card for them.
Laximyrkcion
Just Passing Through

Post by Laximyrkcion »

I have the PSN version and the disc version. Yeah, playing the disc on the PS3 makes that horrible irritating noise, and playing the PSN version on my HDTV sucks. Switching it over to the PSP is good, but the control scheme is iffy...what settings does anyone have the PSP controls set to for the PSN version?
Calamity
Historical Society Historian

Post by Calamity »

clips wrote:I never knew the ps3 could play ps1 games...is it specific versions or can al ps3 systems play ps1 games?....i have the 40g version....on a side note...i gotta upgrade my harddrive...i've been have to delete game data to load new games i've purchased...i still have the original SH disk,...if i can play that on my ps3, it'd be great.

The only reason i haven't played any of my ps1 games is because i don't have a ps1 memory card for them.
As far as the memory card issue is concerned you need not fret! :) If you don't mind having to start your PS1 games from scratch, the PS3 has a little built in program that allows you to make virtual memory cards for both PS1 and PS2.

I'm a little rusty on which PS3s can play the disk versions of PS1 and 2 games. I myself have the fat 20gb model that I've had since 07 and it plays both just fine, and a 120gb slim model that I have not tried disked games on, but I know plays the PSN version of PS1 games just fine.
Jo
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Jo »

The only bug I've encountered in my PSN download is the high pitched noise emitting once the larva has been defeated. It stops when the cutscene with Lisa takes place in Alchemilla.

I'll need to try my disc version with the 250gb and the 60gb in my home soon to see if they encounter similar issues.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

Calamity wrote:
clips wrote:I never knew the ps3 could play ps1 games...is it specific versions or can al ps3 systems play ps1 games?....i have the 40g version....on a side note...i gotta upgrade my harddrive...i've been have to delete game data to load new games i've purchased...i still have the original SH disk,...if i can play that on my ps3, it'd be great.

As far as the memory card issue is concerned you need not fret! :) If you don't mind having to start your PS1 games from scratch, the PS3 has a little built in program that allows you to make virtual memory cards for both PS1 and PS2.

I'm a little rusty on which PS3s can play the disk versions of PS1 and 2 games. I myself have the fat 20gb model that I've had since 07 and it plays both just fine, and a 120gb slim model that I have not tried disked games on, but I know plays the PSN version of PS1 games just fine.

Thanks...i never knew that....i'll try to run my original SH disk on my 40g model and see what happens.....if i can't run it, it's no big deal, but thanks for the info.... 8)
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

This happened to me and my friend on many occasions whenever we would use guns, so I basically tried to avoid using guns except for the first enemy and the bosses, beat it on hard mode that way! :D
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.